Seawind’s 1190S Catamaran unlocks the full performance potential of the award winning and reconizable 1160 design. Built lighter, stronger and more powerful with a larger sail plan and lifting carbon daggerboards tucked below deck.
For more information and to gain access to our new Seawind builder website, please visit our website listed below.
- Less drag than mini-keels (7m3 reduction in wetted surface area)
- Higher pointing ability (5-7 degrees)
- Shallow draft (17.7inches or 450mm)
- Lighter construction (
- Dagger style high aspect retractable rudders
- Reduced drag
- Improved performance
- Positive helm feedback
- Shallow draft
- Beaching ability
- Carbon reinforced forebeam and targa arch.
- Stiffer construction
- Reduced weight
- Carbon bowsprit.
- Stiffer / lighter construction
- Double spreader tall Mast
- Ability to carry larger sail area
- Improved sheeting ability
- Performance Sails
- Light weight aramid cloth reducing weight aloft
- Improved sail shape and performance
- Construction weight reduction of 600kg (compared to Seawind 1160)
- Improved power to weight ratio
- Outboard engines
- Significant weight reduction
- No drag when sailing
- No growth on legs
- No electrolysis
- Low maintenance & low replacement costs
- Fuel stored external to the cabin
Your West Coast Multihull Experts