1 of 28
This is an advertisement for the purchase of a new boat.
The Seawind 1160 Lite is a cruising catamaran that is easily single or short-handed in all conditions. Built in Vietnam, the cat has a sleek modern interior that is simple to maintain due to the use of laminates and hard-wearing fabrics. The layout is spacious with an open flow from the main saloon to the cabins below and the forward wet locker. The interior spaces are light and airy and the main saloon design offers 360-degree views. The boat also offers the flexibility of an indoor/outdoor saloon and cockpit thanks to a unique tri-fold door system.
The Seawind 1160 Lite is 38 feet overall with a beam of 24 feet 4 inches. The scant 3’ 7” inch draft makes it a perfect gunkholer or Bahamas cruiser. The underwing clearance is 2’ 4”. There are twin helm stations for redundancy and visibility.
The Seawind 1160 Lite does not feature traditional diesel engines. Instead, it has twin 20-hp Honda or 25-hp Yanmar outboards mounted in wells with an electric tilt system. The use of outboards in lieu of inboard diesels is a space and weight saver as well as an economic alternative. The capability to raise the outboards from the water also eliminates drag when sailing, reduces electrolysis and keeps fuel external to the cabin.
The cockpit hardtop is full width and extends to an arch over the transom. It serves as protection from the weather and provides a walking surface when handling the modern, fully battened, flat-top mainsail. The hardtop is also a perfect place for mounting solar panels. Sail-handing is a breeze thanks to lazy jacks, and the jib is self-tending. Owners have reported excellent performance with speeds of between 9.5 and 11.5 knots in a 20-knot wind.
– Forestay 3/8” (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
– Sidestays 3/8” (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire
– Diamonds 5/16” (8mm) 1 x 19 Stainless Steel wire
– Main halyard: 12 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle
– Jib halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle
– Topping lift: 8 mm rope, Heavy duty shackle
– Boom outhaul: 10mm Spectra
– Reef 1 & 3: 10mm rope. Leech/Clew blocks and snap shackle
– Reef 2: 10mm rope. Heavy duty shackle
– Main sheet: 10mm rope
– Main traveller: 8mm rope
– Jib sheet: 10mm rope
– 4 x Forward Hatches 18.5” x 18.5”
– 2 x Mid cabin hatches 18.5” x 18.5”
– 1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 20” x 15”
– 1 x Galley window hatch 20” x 15”
– 1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 20” x 15”
– 5 x Forward anchor & storage hatches
– 2 x Cockpit storage hatches
The Multihull Source offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Fresh Water Tank||700.3 l ()|
|Fuel Tank||268.76 l ()|