1 of 20
Grosvenor Yachts Ltd
+44 330 11 30 800
Silent Yachts presents the first and only ocean going production yachts in the world that are fully solar sustainable and powered by solar energy. Pure solar-powered luxury.
Everything started with a piece of white paper, a pencil and a spirit for innovation. Silent Yachts was founded on the dream of eliminating the major downfalls of yachting as well as the minimising the effects on the environment without sacrificing the slightest bit of luxury. The future of luxury yachting is individualistic, noiseless, self-sufficient and honouring nature and the environment.
Imagine starting every morning with an awe inspiring sunrise and ending the day with a breathtaking sunset! Watch, smell, feel nature and be aware that you take responsibility for the environment. Ease out, relax and enjoy the most beautiful and interesting places to cruise on Earth.
A new class of yachting is on the rise.
Powered entirely by solar energy captured by its extensive flybridge panelling, the Silent 80 Yacht sports an exterior design that is clean and timeless. Designer Marco Casali, has achieved a virtuoso design that is both sophisticated and refined in the best Italian style, incorporating the magnificent straight lines of the huge windows whilst embracing the entrance of ample natural light.
Depending upon the options selected, this model can comfortably accommodate up to ten guests across five cabins. With no engine noise, a skipper can even make an early start towards a favourite location without disturbing the guests. Silence is truly is golden.
The twin hulls and wide beam endow the Silent 80 Yacht with an inherent stability, creating what genuinely feels like a private floating island and a tremendous base to relax in peace or to entertain in style.
The versatility of this pioneering vessel is impressive. It can accommodate a variety of different propulsion systems, such as cruiser, e-power and e-power plus according to the needs and personal preferences of the owner. This Cruiser version propulsion system is the ideal entry into the world of solar powered noiseless cruising. Two electric motors allow you to seamlessly glide towards the horizon providing high levels of comfort, making this option suitable for long term economic cruising. Furthermore, the solar-electric drivetrain features unprecedented levels of reliability and security with almost zero maintenance work needed.
Silent Yachts also offers the option of a fully automatic towing kite. It flies at altitudes between 70m and 140m where winds are far stronger than at the level of the vessel. At those altitudes it has a dynamic flight pattern, which resembles the shape of a figure 8. For this reason, the kite generates up to 10 times more power per square metre compared to a conventional sail.
• Cruiser Propulsion: 2 x 150 kW electric motors on shafts, 100 kW diesel generator, 207 kWh lithium battery
• Interior Layout VERSION 4/4 Master on starboard side: Master state-room with en-suite bathroom, separate office area and a walk in closed, a VIP cabin with en-suite bathroom on stb. side, 2 double-bed VIP cabins each with en-suite bathroom on port side, day head on port side, crew cabin for 2 with bathroom and utility-room in front of the saloon
• Mediterranean air conditioning system 100.000 BTU, high efficiency seawater cooled chilled water system, super silent, inverter technology, airhandlers in every cabin and two in the salon - each room/airhandler separately adjustable
• Raymarine or Garmin navigational package including 4 monitors 12´´ with world basemap, 1 monitor for the crew cabin, 4 G broadband radar, electronic compass, autopilot incl. controller and pump, rudder feedback, AIS class B, 2 x VHF radio, antennas, depth sounder, weather station + 2x AP control unit, speaker with hailer + intercom function
• White gel-coat on hull
• Range of colours, fabrics and finishes on floors and surfaces
• King or Queen size double bed in all cabins
• Large fridge freezer with ice maker
• Shades and blinds in all cabins
• Lounge seating and table
• Transom shower with hot and cold water
• Flybridge furniture, sunpad, storage and table
• Rigid sunroof over flybridge with solar panels
• Washing machine
• Stainless steel sink
• Capstans at the bow and stern
• Shore power connection with fuse
• Inverter and charger
• Anchor and chain with windlass
• Swimming ladder
• 8 cylinder fenders and ropes
• Documentation and commissioning package, CE certificate, launching, 3 x antifouling, 500 L diesel, 60kg Jambo anchor + 100 m galv. chain 13mm, 4 cylinder fenders F10 (127cm x 51cm) incl. fender lines, mooring lines 4 x 20m + 2 x 25m, handover including full detailing, technical and sailing introduction, including Silent Yachts Captain for 5 days training of the skipper/owner, launching and delivery in water in the nearest marina, incl. 1 week marina fee