1 of 38
|Offered By||McMichael Yacht Brokers LTD.|
Hull #21 is the newest J/121 to come off the production line and represents a fantastic value for anyone ready to start winning races NOW. Fresh race bottom in VC Offshore, full racing sail inventory from Evolution, water ballast system and Garmin electronics.
Contact listing broker to arrange your showing today!
The water-ballasted J/121 has proven to be a fantastic weapon on the race course, whether fully-crewed or set-up for shorthanded racing.
Hull #21 has all of the right standard features including:
Interior and accommodations:
Large salon with port/starboard settees and flip-up pilots berths allowing for 4 sea berths, plus aft cabin on port to accommodate 2 additional crew on the off-watch.
Galley to port equipped with DC refrigeration, hot water and propane stove/oven.
To starboard is a proper nav station with plotter and electrical panel.
Numerous 12v fans and opening hatches create plenty of ventilation in the interior even when offshore.
•Axxon Carbon Fiber Mast in black
*Axxon Carbon Fiber Boom (upgrade)
•Black Powder Coated Stanchions
•2 Lifeline Gates
•2 Aft Facing Cabin Ports
•Two Tone Deck
•Jefa Auto Pilot Drive
•Offshore Companionway Racing Dodger
•110V Shore Power System w/Cord
•LPG Stove/Oven with
•Systems Group (hot water heater, aft head with shower)
•Harken Hydraulic Backstay Panel & Cylinder
• J/121 hull & deck are vacuum-infused molded (SCRIMP process) in temperature controlled environment with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics using end grain balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core inserts and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components.
• Laminates are engineered and built to exceed ISO 12215 Cat A and ABS structural standards.
• White gelcoat hull with double bootstripe.
• Molded companionway seahood with slider.
• ORC molded-in toe-rails forward of the mast.
• GRP molded main bulkhead – structurally bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck with single large opening to forepeak.
• Two watertight bulkheads (one in the forepeak and one forward of the steering system) bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck.
• Heavy duty molded fore/aft and transverse keel support grid, with substantial composite structural beams.
• Composite mast bearing beam with carbon fiber compression post, bonded and fastened to the deck.
• High aspect, low VCG “L” keel with lead ballast and epoxy faired and finished fin, flange mounted to a hull recess
• Harken Performa 52:1 self-tailing primary winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing cabin top winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing mainsheet winches.
• Four Harken One-touch winch handles.
• 6:1 Harken traveler system on cockpit floor.
• Adjustable jib jead system with floating lead blocks and inhaul and outhaul capability.
• Cascading cunningham system led to cockpit.
• Harken spinnaker sheet and tack line blocks.
• Bow-sprit control system led externally to clutch mounted on cabin top.
• Mast base halyard blocks and organizers.
• Halyard & tack line rope clutches.
• Custom mast collar with attachment points for halyard and mast base blocks, and halyard bale.
• Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
• Tapered SS lifeline stanchions. Forward stanchion with integral roller (P&S) for quick jib skirting. Double 1x19 stainless wire lifelines to meet all categories of the Offshore Special Regulations (OSR).
• Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
• Four 4-bolt SS mooring cleats/eyes.
• Interior ventilation from four framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk, one offshore skylight deck hatch aft of mast, and one large offshore deck hatch forward of the mast.
• Acrylic offshore drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• Four polypropylene mesh line bags.
• Custom SS forestay, shroud and backstay chainplates
• Balanced spade, composite rudder with stainless rudder post mounted in self aligning, Jefa rudder bearings.
• Jefa twin pedestal steering system including sheaves, radial drive, needle bearings, and integral wheel brake.
• Carbonautica custom composite wheels (2) finished in black Awlgrip.
• Emergency tiller.
All sail inventory by Evolution Sails:
•2020 Race Main
•2022 Race Main
•2020 AP Jib
•2021 #1 Jib
•2022 #2 Jib NEW
•2020 #3 Jib
•2020 #4 Jib (Inner Stay)
•2021 A2 Spinnaker
•2022 A2 Spinnaker NEW
•2020 A3 Spinnaker
•2020 CZ on Reflex Furler
•2021 Storm Jib/GS Furled
•2021 Storm Trysail
•2020 Dacron Main
•2020 Dacron Jib
All Garmin electronics except where indicated:
•GPS Map 942 Plotter
•3x GNX Mast Displays
•3x GMI Displays
•NMEA 2000 Backbone
•Sirius XM Tuner
The J/121 is a 40’ offshore speedster that can be day raced or distance sailed by just 5 or fewer crew…. the best short-handed J ever…. capable of winning on any race track while also excelling in daysailing and weekend mode. Here’s a boat, class and program that redefines sailboat racing as a recreation and shared adventure with friends, reducing the focus on specialization and athletic short-course W/L racing. The J/121 fulfills the growing need to simplify life and reconnect with those you really want to sail with on a boat that’s pure magic to sail.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Length at Waterline||11.02m|
|Fresh Water Tank||227.12 l (Plastic)|
|Fuel Tank||90.85 l ()|
|Holding Tank||45.42 l (Plastic)|