€1,250,000 (A$1,873,743) excl. VAT
Price Drop: A$224,849 (3 May)
2018 Knierim FC53
This Knierim FC53 is the ultimate offshore cruising yacht for the experienced sailor. Full carbon build and in excellent condition, she is now ready for the next sailor to achieve 270+ mile days in complete comfort.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Sandwich construction in female mould - single mould.
- Vacuum consolidated carbon fibre sandwich with SAN foam core throughout.
- Solid laminate in way of the keel, and for all through-hull openings.
- Sandwich materials as per Architect's specifications.
- Solid laminate in way of the mast and in way of all hatches. Reinforcements and high-density foam or solid carbon plate inserts in way of deck fittings.
- Hull and deck bonded together and the joint then laminated both on the inside and on the outside.
- All planar bulkheads, frames, stringers, girders etc. built using SAN foam core in a vacuum consolidated process on tables fitted with inserts for all openings.
- 3 x Watertight bulkheads - both front-most bulkheads and the aft-most bulkhead. Closing systems of doors in these bulkheads do not let water pass from a flooded compartment to the adjacent compartment.
- Chainplates of carbon fibre, mostly consisting of unidirectional straps laminated over stainless steel bushings onto panels (shrouds) or bulkheads (forestays & runners).
- Watertight doors of carbon composite sandwich, with solid carbon borders, hinges and suitable locking devices.
- Ballast tanks of carbon fibre directly integrated into the hull and its structure.
- Teak decking on deck, cockpit floor, cockpit seats, cockpit floor hatches, helmsman footrest, anchor and sail locker doors and bathing platform.
- Superstructure's windows of electrochromic (dimmable) laminated glass, shock-treated. 18mm thickness in PMMA.
- 6 x Portholes, 950 x 300 mm, of fixed type.
- 1 x Bathing platform to port with access to big locker from top and aft. Can be rebuilt to tender garage.
- 1 x Door on starboard with two positions:
- Open - the door is horizontal to access interior and to be used as a bathing ladder.
- Closed - when closed, the door is recessed into the transom.
- Starboard door used as emergency exit and liferaft storage - accessible from inside and outside.
- The tender locker and emergency door are watertight with a rubber seal.
- Both transom doors are constructed in carbon.
- Carbon flag pole at the transom.
Keel & Rudder:
- Rotating (lifting) keel of carbon fin and a lead bottom part glued and bolted.
- 2 x Custom carbon composite rudder blades supported by carbon.
- Each rudder has two JP3 bearings.
- Spare rudder with cone to facilitate insertion.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta D2-75. 75HP at 3200.
- 150S Saildrive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 320.
- Engine last serviced: January/March 2020.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx. 6 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – 450nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Custom designed rope and traveller steering system.
- 2 x Helm stations.
- Autopilot control station at each helm and at navigation station.
- 1000mm diameter Isotop carbon fibre wheels.
- Side Power SRV100/185T bow and stern thruster.
- A manual hydraulic panel installed on the mainsail pod.
- Hydraulic hoses at the mast fitted with fast connectors.
- Manual system to operate vang, vang release valve each side in reach of helmsman, inner forestay tension (cylinder in the sail locker).
- Fully independent electrical system fitted to raise and lower the keel.
- Electro-hydraulic system to lift the keel up and down should hold the keel in any position, operated by buttons at the pedestals and indicate the position of the keel by a separate instrument at the pedestals. A safety pressure valve allows the keel to raise in case of grounding.
- Manual operation enabled as a backup.
- Separate electrical hydraulic system installed for the jib furler (Reckmann) with manual backup pump.
- 230V AC 50hz used for household appliances, A/C and diverse items.
- 24V DC for lighting, navigation equipment, pumps and diverse items.
- 12V DC for main engine starting.
- All AC and DC systems isolated from hull. Bipolar wired.
- All electrical equipment easily accessible for maintenance, repair or removal.
- All cables numbered and cores identified with a cable marking system.
- 1 x 230V distribution board in the technical room with double circuit breakers for water heater (controlled by relay), watermaker controlled by relay (controlled by relay), household appliances, hi-fi, plugs and spares.
- 1 x 24V DC system for the navigation equipment service, pumps and all the lighting.
- 1 x 12V DC for starting of the main engine.
- 24V DC general service switchboard installed in the navigation station, control for navigation equipment, lighting, pumps, navigation lightsv, emergency lighting.
- Mastervolt Easy View panel in race cabin
- Watermaker operation panel in race cabin
- 12V DC engine room switchboard installed in the engine room with insulating switches for the main engine starting battery and genset.
- 1 x 12V AGM Optima Red Top gel starting battery for main engine.
- 1 x 12V AGM Optima Red Top gel starting battery for generator.
- 4 x 24V service batteries -180A/h Mastervolt type Lithium-Ion - for all other equipment.
- Starting battery installed in the race cabin.
- General service batteries installed below the saloon.
- Main battery set charged by a 24V alternator of 110 Amp.
- 2 x Mastervolt Mass Combi Ultra 24 3500 100Amp inverter.
- Mastervolt Alpha 2411 10 alternator, connected to battery charging system (Li-Ion).
- 1 x Fischer Panda 10.000i PMS with dry exhaust and separate starter system.
- 2 x Watt&Sea cruising model removable hydro-generators installed on the transom.
- 1 x Mastervolt G7 isolating transformer.
- 1 x Shore plug.
- 15m Electrical cable with male/female plugs.
- 1 x Outlet on the aft part of the boat with switch.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 25 litre hot water boiler.
- Webasto IsoTemp.
- Water pressure pump by Marco UP6e + 1 spare.
- Schenker smart 60 digital watermaker
- Automatic 24V DC bilge pumps at lowest point, with bilge alarm at all bilge suction points.
- Located as follows: fore peak, front accommodation area, saloon, engine compartment, cockpit locker and in each lazarette.
- Total capacity of 380 litres in one holding tank.
- Total capacity of 400 litres in one composite tank with food-grade watertight inner paint.
- 1 x Holding tank for each toilet.
- Each tank can be discharged underwater or sucked up via a deck connection by a shore discharging system.
- Fitted with level gauges.
Navigation Equipment & Communication Equipment
- B&G H5000 performance processor.
- 2 x Zeus 3 9” plotter at helms.
- 5 x Mini display 10 at cockpit front.
- AP-controls at each helm station plus nav station.
- Graphic display at nav station.
- 2 x Independent autopilot systems with own AP-computer etc. switch to swap at nav. station.
- 2 x B&G H5000 autopilots with modified Raymarine electro-linear rams.
- 1 Raymarine Axion 12” plotter as electronic switchboard.
- ICOM SSB 801E.
- VHF - B&G V90 plus 2 x handsets.
- Iridium interface for 9575.
- FBB 150 sailor. lnmarsat sat phone on docking station.
- Redbox on board router for Inmarsat, Iridium, 3G, Wi-Fi.
- Roamfree 4/3G Gateway.
- 4G B&G radar. At mast.
- Signal horn at mast.
- Spare GPS.
- AIS transponder.
- All the navigation systems are interfaced to a fixed PC computer running Adrena software, with a 22" screen on an orientable support at the chart table.
- Induction cooking top with 2 x burner & electric oven.
- 1 x Custom-made Isotherm refrigerator of 130 litres.
- 2 x Custom-made freezers of 80 and 100 litres.
- 1 x Daewoo 1.5kg washing machine in guest shower.
- 2 x Planus Race carbon fibre toilet.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 2 x Dometic 8000BTU air conditioning units.
- Fitted with a mechanical ventilation system. Air is supplied to all areas by a pipe under the sheerline on starboard, running from the stern to the owner's bathroom. It is extracted through a symmetrical pipe on port, with the adjustable electrical fan at the stern.
- Electro mechanical forced ventilation in both heads.
- Mechanical ventilation extraction serving engine room and electrical room.
- Windows PC I7 with 2TB storage for expedition and control of stereo audio. External Fireface Hi-Fi sound card and 2 x amplifiers.
- 2 x KEF speakers in owner’s cabin.
- 2 x KEF speakers in saloon.
- 2 x Speakers in cockpit.
- Adequately lighted throughout with fixtures with a 24V lighting system.
- LED ceiling spotlights.
- LED indirect lighting strips.
- Watertight switch and receptacle provided for equipment in the engine room and on deck as required.
- LED lighting in lazarette, fore peak and engine room integrated in the ceiling and watertight, of type LED strip and sufficient to light all recessed areas.
- 1 x Light under each first spreader.
- 1 x Floodlight for foredeck under radar.
- Tricolor on masthead navigation lights. Anchor light and flashlight.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 5 berths in 3 cabins.
- Interior finish is a mix of Zebrano wood and white/light grey with striking and contrasting bright green upholstery.
- Moulded carbon steps with apparent carbon finish.
- Foam mattresses, 140 mm thickness with slatted frames underneath.
- Anti-rolling (lee) clothes provided for all beds, including starboard sofa in the saloon.
- High quality foam cushions with removable covers for all sofas, including dining area, saloon, owner's cabin etc.
- Saloon table of sandwich panel with wood veneer.
- Galley tops of sandwich panel + 6mm Corian.
- Bathrooms tops of sandwich panel + 6mm Kerrock.
- Kerrock sinks in bathrooms.
- Galley, bathroom and shower taps and accessories by Dornbracht.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Carbon steps.
- Sail storage system made of fabric attached to carbon tubes, lines, blocks and padeyes (2 systems on each side).
Owner Shower & Heads:
- 1 x Separate toilet (with electrical air extraction).
- 1 x Shower with transparent panel and door.
- 1 x Corian sink.
- 1 x Double bed.
- 1 x Large wardrobe. With hanging locker.
- Drawers under the bed.
- Natural air ventilation.
- 1 x Large U-shaped sofa (with lee cloth).
- 1 x Large dining table.
- Storage under and behind seats.
- 1 x Main chart table with working surface and chart table seat.
- Vertical panel with all useful electronics.
- Electrical survey panel.
- 1 x Sofa (with lee cloth).
- Computer installation with large screen, and entertainment.
- Several lockers and furniture.
- 2 x Stainless steel sinks - fresh water tap.
- Several lockers, shelves and other furniture.
- Trash bin and bar drawer in central furniture block.
- 1 x Toilet facing aft.
- 1 x Small sink.
- Electrical air extractor.
- 1 x Shower.
- 1 x Stainless steel sink.
- Washing machine.
- Several lockers and furniture.
- Transparent shower panel, including door.
Starboard Aft Guest Cabin:
- 1 x Double bed.
- 1 x Locker and 1 wardrobe.
- Natural air ventilation.
Port Aft Crew Cabin:
- 1 x Bed with cushion.
- Natural air ventilation.
- Watermaker control panel and accessories.
- Electrical installation and panels.
- Located underneath the companionway and between the starboard guest cabin and the port crew cabin. Accessible from guest cabin and day head as well as from the companionway.
- Fully insulated and ventilated.
- Twin Spreader, Lorima carbon fibre mast and boom.
- Main halyard 2:1 new DKS 90 smaller diameter.
- Jib halyard new DSK 90 smaller diameter with two ends. Double lifetime.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Code 5 / 2:1 Gennaker halyard.
- Spinlock ZS jammer.
- Stay sail halyard new.
- Spinlock ZS jammer.
- 2 x Spreader levels with carbon profiled tapered tubes.
- HR T700 fiber for the carbon spreaders tubes.
- 2 x Courtesy flags eyes under Spreader 1 + blocks.
- 1 x LED spreader lights under each spreader.
- 2 x Runners attachments at forestay level.
- Dog Bone type attachments built into the mast.
- Lazy jacks + bag.
- 2 x Gooseneck and vang gooseneck attachments in carbon HR T700.
- 1 x Harken mainsail switch track.
- Trysail track integrated in switch track
- 1 x Switch system for cars storage.
- 1 x Removable door for cars entry.
- 1 x Harken 648 padeyes on each side of the gooseneck for the three reefs.
- 2 x Holes for mast jack bar passage + stainless steel protection.
- 1 x Mast jack stainless steel bar.
- 1 x Mastfoot heel plug anodised black with two centering pins.
- 2 x Exits for electronics cables.
- Sandwich boom.
- Continuous carbon EC6 standing rigging consisting of V1, V2, D1, D2, D3, D4 and 2 fixed headstays,
- 1 x Mainsail halyard. New + spare.
- 1 x Mainsail sheet. New + spare.
- 1 x Mainsail outhaul.
- 1 x Mainsail Cunningham.
- 1st Mainsail automatic reefing line. New.
- 2nd Mainsail automatic reefing line.
- 3rd Mainsail automatic reefing line.
- 2 x Mainsail traveller lines.
- 1 x Genoa halyard. New + spare.
- 2 x Genoa sheets.
- 1 x Genoa furling line.
- 1 x Staysail halyard. New + spare.
- 2 x Staysail sheets.
- 1 x Staysail furling line.
- 2 x Spinnaker/gennaker halyards + spare.
- 4 x Spinnaker/gennaker sheets.
- 2 x Running backstay sheets.
- 2 x Lazy jack sheets.
- 1 x Hydraulic under deck genoa furler, custom made by Reckmann, with backup pump. Operated from both helm stations.
- 1 x Manual staysail furler Facnor FD 310.
- 1 x Staysail tensioning ram with watertight through-deck fitting by Reckmann
- 1 x Electric windlass.
- 1 x Capstan winch.
- Sails by North Sails.
- Square top mainsail 3Di Endurance 760m 19,600 Dpi.
- Furling jib with Battens 3Di Endurance 760m 19,600 Dpi.
- Furling inner jib 3Di Endurance 760 m 19,600 Dpi.
- A2 asymmetric Supercote. Replaced in 2020 in C-tech inflatable snuffer.
- Spare A2 repaired from 2018.
- Code Zero 3Di IRC compliant.
- A7 asymmetric NorLon NY150.
- Storm jib polyester high visibility 10oz storm orange.
- Storm trysail polyester high visibility 10oz storm orange.
- 4 x Knierim deck hatches.
- 8 x Custom carbon Knierim coachroof hatches.
- 3 x Lewmar cockpit hatches opening towards the inside.
- Carbon folding passerelle (2.70m), with non-skid surface and 2 x stanchions.
- Swimming ladder.
- Cockpit table of lightweight carbon panels.
- The companionway has a horizontal perspex sliding hatch and washboards. Two upper washboards; one solid and one for ventilation.
- 5 x Stainless steel side stanchions.
- 2 x Stainless steel wire guards.
- 2 x Stainless steel half pulpits.
- 2 x Stainless steel corner pushpits.
- 1 x Aft double stanchion to support antenna and jon buoy.
- Several lockers below the cockpit and on the cockpit sides designed to store fenders, several sheets and spare ropes, deck fittings, halyards, water hose, hydrogenerators, air pump, etc.
- Electrical air pump for fenders and tender.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x Delta anchor 20kg (Lewmar).
- 100m 8mm chain Kettenwaelder Chromox stainless steel chain + rope.
- Second 15kg Fortress anchor and rope stored under the cockpit.
- 100 meters of anchor line.
- 2 x Custom made aft fairleads
- 6 x Nomen aluminium folding cleats.
- 6 x Inflatable long fenders & fender covers (250 x 500mm).
- 70 meters of mooring line of (14 mm).
- 100 meters of towing line.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit seat cushions (100mm thickness).
- Covers for steering wheels, winches, outside furniture and seats.
Tender & Outboard:
- 1 x Lodestar Ultralight 250 tender.
- Torqueedo electric outboard engine with spare battery.
- An anti-burglary protection installed in hatch frames, companionway door to be made of carbon sandwich with a stainless steel pin inside as locking latch, sliding hatch over companionway with locking latches on both sides.
- 1 x Liferaft Ocean Safety for 8 passengers (to be stored in emergency exit).
- 1 x Jon buoy.
- Signal horn.
- Automatic aerosol firefighting equipment in engine room.
- Fire fighting in the engine is done using the mobile extinguishers through a hole in the compartment wall.
- 1 x Fire-fighting blanket in the galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Length at Waterline
2015 Discovery 58
2018 Solaris 50
2018 Windy 31 Zonda
1995 Nordia 55