1 of 20
Please scroll down for contact info. The Dehler / Var 37 is a back to basics racer cruiser with a simple but high quality deck and interior. Her hull is based on the Hanse 375 hull. Like other Hanse models (and all higher quality yachts), all bulkheads are fiberglassed to the hull, not glued, for a stronger, stiffer and more damage resistant boat. A Jefa roller bearing rudder system provides fingertip control. Varuna won the St Thomas International Regatta, and placed in the 2016 Newport Bermuda Race. She has also been cruised extensively, and includes a rigid bimini with solar panels and davit. Her interior has been extensively upgraded. Carbon racing sails are included.
- Forward is a very large V Berth in the owners cabin, one hatch over head, 2 opening ports, possible to sleep head forward, 2 hanging lockers / cabinets on either side. Additional storage under the berth and elsewhere.
- Mainsalon features a custom, solid hickory mainsalon table, hickory / teak backrests, extensive storage outboard and under backrests, leather cushions.
- Galley features a 2 burner stove & oven, 12 volt fridge, very large storage lockers and bins.
- Head has a salt water flush toilet, upgraded flush thru hulls (4) with flanged valves, shower compartment w separate shower and 12 volt pump.
- 2 aft cabins with extra opening port (2 per cabin) and a hatch.
- Labels, Wood plugs by all thru hulls
- 2nd Blge Pump installed port aft cabin (for Berm Race)
- Additional handhold installed outside head
- Upgraded Ultrasuade (cream) upholstery on berths
- Solid Glass hull, strong back (Grid) glued and laminated to hull.
- 7 primary Bulkheads Laminated (Fibreglassed) to the hull
- T Keel, faired for racing
- Bottom and keel 5 coats Interlux Interprotect 2000, then VC Offshore
- Selden 7/8 mast with MDS Roller Slide system
- Harken 1.5 Mark IV Furler w Stopper on furling line.
- Elvstrom Dacron main, clew raised, 3rd reef added, Dutchman Flaking System, 50% life left
- Neil Pryde Carbon racing/cruising main, 2 deep reefs, Liteskin Taffeta, Dutchman Flaking System, 2 deep reefs (suitable for Newport Bermuda Race), 80% life left
- Hathaway 105% Dacron Headsail w vertical batten, 70% life
- Neil Pryde Carbon hank on headsail, 1reefs, Liteskin Taffeta, (suitable for Newport Bermuda Race), 80% life left
- Mainsheet upgraded to Harken 1546/1555 triples
- Carbon Bow Sprit and stranded forestay for racing
- 2 Lewmar 45 Self Tailing winches by helm
- 2 Lewmar 4 Self Tailing winches by companionway w 10 stoppers
- Teak on cockpit seats and floor, vac bag instl
- Dodger w SS frame, navy Blue
- Delta 27lb (16kg) ww/ 10' of 3/8 ht gal. chain &
200' 9/16" line,
- Fortress anchor aft w 10’ chain, 150' 9/16 rode, aft locker
- 6 Braided dock lines, 4 fenders w covers, power cable (will be new)
- Epoxy / Corecell rigid Bimini w 2 integrated 100 watt solar panels and Davits
Hanse 110 panel replaced 11/16 Blue Sea Panel at upper location
Hanse battery charger replaced w Promariner 20 amp charger 11/16
Go Power 10 amp Regulator for Solar Panels
3 group 31 agm house bank, new 11/16-
Hanse Instrument and distribution panel
B&G Zues 2 GPC/Plotter installed at helm (new 9/16)
Swivel Nav Pod for Zeus
Icom MA500TR Class A AIS at helm, Ant on Backstay (4/16)
Standard Expl GX1700 at helm, port side, below AIS (4/16) MH ant
Dual MXCP46BT Bluetooth stereo w Aux Jack , 2 speakers-
Triton Displays, front of cockpit x 2
B&G Triton Wind display in cockpit with masthead
B&G FC40 autopilot w Fluxgate compass,
Jefa Drive for pilot new 11/21
Volvo D1-30 27hp Diesel
2 blade folding prop
Added Racor 500 FG fuel filter.
US Spec wiring, propane system, etc