2015 Broadblue Rapier 55017m
£1,124,950 (A$1,875,457) excl. VAT
|Hull Material||Composite|2015 Broadblue Rapier 550
The key to the success of the Rapier 550 is the forward helm position from where the skipper can keep a clear watch at high speed and also control all of the sails. This internal helm position offers safety and control without equal - no need to sit out in an exposed helm position on the transom or sit on the roof. Two tiller helm positions are provided outside for days when the weather is not too hot or too cold.
The interior of the Rapier 550 is designed for an owner couple and visiting friends share a safe a exhilarating sail when the weather conditions suit but to always enjoy the the space and comfort of a luxury catamaran under sail or at anchor. The 3 cabin layout of this boat has en-suite facilities together with an enormous open air saloon which can be opened up or closed in as the skipper prefers.
Underway, the connection between the galley and the saloon means that the crew can enjoy wonderful dining without compromise in complete control and safety.
The Rapier 550 is built using Carbon and E-glass fibre Infused epoxy making it light and fast but with good looks and a proven cruising speed of 15 knots or more, In a recent transatlantic crossing this boat proved it has the capability of covering 200-300 nautical miles per day.
This Rapier 550 has been enjoyed by her current owner but work pressures means he is unable to enjoy her to the max and so she is reluctantly for sale, The boat has recently undergone a minor refit in preparation for the ARC2021 and will be ready to move on to her new owner in May 2022, either in the Caribbean or in Europe at the buyers choice.
Broadblue have been using this boat as a demonstrator and there may be an opportunity for a new owner to take advantage of a contribution to running costs if they were prepared to occasionally allow access for marketing purposes.
Three cabins, each with dedicated heads and shower.
Master cabin in port hull with large owner berth, dressing area and spacious heads and shower room forward. Two double cabins in starboard hull, each with en-suite heads and shower. Ample seating in the saloon converts easily into a large double berth. Vessel has both heating and air con.
Twin Yamaha 40hp three cylinder diesels on shafts with three blade folding propellors. Regularly serviced. Approximately 600 engine hours.
Sails & Rigging
- All Carbon spreader-less mast with synthetic PBO rigging.
- Hydranet square top, fully battened Mainsail in Hydranet.
- Horizontal carbon fibre battened self tackingJib in Hydranet on Furlex roller furling system.
- Asymmetric Spinnaker with Carver furler.
- Istec Parasailor with snuffer.
- Dyneema halyards and sheets.
- All sails recently serviced and valeted. (2021)
- 2 x Raymarine e165 helm plotters
- 2 x Raymarine a65 exterior plotters
- Raymarine i50 wind speed and direction
- Raymarine i50 log and depth display
- Raymarine VHF
- Raymarine 1.8kw Radar
- McMurdo AIS Class B transponder
- Raymarine ACU400/EVO Hydraulic autopilot (New 2021)
- 2 x Lewmar reversing winches to port and aft of sail station
- Lewmar Electric winch to starboard of sail station
- 2 x Lewmar aft winches on transom for asymmetric Spinnaker
- Four burner hob with electric ignition
- Large oven with rotisserie
- All glass windows - side sections with full opening facility
- Blinds to saloon and cockpit areas
- Opening ceiling hatches
- Teak flooring in main saloon and on aft deck
- 2 x Recaro reclining and adjustable helm chairs
- Vitrifigo vertical freezer
- Vitrifigo vertical fridge
- 32" TV and AV centre on concealable lifting system
- Hot water system with mixer taps and calorifier
- Eberspacher heating system to saloon and each cabin
- Clima air conditioning system to each cabin and saloon
- 50ltr/hr Watermaker (New 2021)
- Iridium broadband (New 2021)
- Electrically driven opening ceiling section
- INMARSAT Fleet-one broadband offshore communication system
- MAILASAIL Redbox wi-fi onboard distribution
- Fresh water collection system for rain water
- NXT node distributed power system with central controller at helm.
- Paguro 6000 7KVa generator.
- LED lights throughout with pietzo switching.
- AC sockets to each cabin, galley and saloon.
- 2500W Inverter charger.
- 4 x 12v AGM batteries (230Ahr)
- 10 x Solara solar panels (1.2Kw)
- Independent DC system for bilge pumps and VHF.
- Fusion RA205 FM/BT Entertainment system.
- MORSE KE4 Electronic engine controls and remote control for outside operation of engines.
- 1 x 12v DC sockets to each cabin and helm console
- 2 x Victron Blue Solar regulators with Bluetooth
- 2x Plastimo life belts with lights
- EPIRB (New 2021)
- Up-side-up electronic safety system as used on many racing multihulls
- Waypoint liferaft (Serviced August 2021)
Ground Tackle & Tender
- AB320 aluminium floor RIB with purpose made cover. (New 2021)
- Tohatsu 4 stroke 9.8hp outboard. (New 2021)
- Carbon fibre davits.
- Spade anchor with chain and warp.
- Electric anchor windlass with both wired and wireless remote controls.
- 2 x Aluminium anchors - 15kg with chain and warp
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Shore Power Inlet||✓|
|Wind Speed and Direction||✓|
|Electric Bilge Pump||✓|
|Manual Bilge Pump||✓|
|Fresh Water Maker||✓|
|Fully Battened Mainsail||✓|
|Max Bridge Clearance||24m|
|Fresh Water Tank||2 x 350 l (Plastic)|
|Fuel Tank||2 x 450 l (Plastic)|
|Holding Tank||2 x 100 l (Plastic)|
2011 Dazcat 1195
Hayling Island, Hampshire
2007 Broadblue 385
1974 Iroquois Mk II
1989 Prout Sirocco 26