2007 Comar Comet 62 RS19m
€550,000 (A$806,267) VAT incl.
2007 Comar Comet 62 RS
Handsome Vallicelli design Comet 62 RS - built by Comar Yachts SPA in 2007. She looks, and is, the business. Fast sailing, easily handled shorthanded and long legged for passage making and comes with great deck space and enormous cockpit. Down below her teak interior is spacious, light and airy. She has been much updated and improved in this ownership.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull and deck.
- Grey hull and off-white deck and coaming areas. Topsides painted 2012.
- Large sunbathing / lounging area at the aft end of the cockpit, with dinghy garage below.
- Teak laid decking.
- The cockpit and aft area were refitted and with new Sikaflex 2021/2022.
Keel & Rudder:
- Twin rudders. Twin black carbon wheels.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-DTP, 190hp turbo diesel.
- Engine installed under the saloon floor (aft of central seat).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours approx. 8186 @ May 2022.
- New throttle and cable (2022).
- 7 knots cruising speed under motor.
- 8-9 knots under sail.
- Full engine review (2021/2022).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hurth ZF 45-A gearbox.
- Shaft direct drive system with a 4 blade Varifold propeller.
- Bowthruster: – MaxPower, electric, in a tunnel, with control at helm.
- 24V and 240V electric circuits.
- 24v consumers – lights, blowers, winches, furler, nav instruments, pumps, fridge and freezer, windlass.
- 220v consumers – hot water tank, battery chargers, outlets, dishwasher, air conditioning, wine fridge.
- 8 x Exide service batteries, which are located under the saloon forward of engine.
- Each battery of 210Ah 12V (840 Ah at 24v).
- 1 x 12V AGM battery for engine Start, 110Ah. 1 x 12V battery for generator start.
- 2 x Mastervolt units for charging the engine and service batteries.
- They are located outboard of TV on starboard side of saloon.
- Service alternator on main engine, new 2012.
- Second alternator for engine start.
- Onan Marine generator, 7.5kW, located in garage.
- Serviced May 2022.
- Shore power system 220v, inc. cable and plug, with interior outlets.
- Mastervolt inverter – 3000kW.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water via engine calorifier or via a 220v boiler (runs via genset or shore power).
- Hot water boiler with approx. 80 litre capacity – it is located under starboard aft bed.
- Aqua-Base watermaker, producing approx. 60 litres per hour (2017-2018).
- Control panel at chart table, unit and main panel located in aft garage.
- Auto / Manual electric bilge pumps x 3 (aft, engine bay, mast bilge).
- Forward and aft shower sump pumps.
- Water and bilge pumps located under the saloon floor aft of engine.
- Bilge alarm.
- Total capacity of 800 litres in 2 x 400 litre stainless steel tanks.
- Tanks situated under the saloon floor.
- Standard fuel separator and filters.
- Total capacity of 700 litres in 2 x 350 litre stainless steel tanks.
- Tanks situated under saloon floor.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Approximately 100 litres.
- New Raymarine navigation system new in 2020/2021, including new radar, autopilot, screens inside and outside, etc.
- Raymarine autopilot, control at helm plus a ‘Smart Controller’ handheld unit.
- 1 x Raymarine E120 on starboard pedestal (radar, GPS, plotter).
- 1 x Raymarine E80 at chart table.
- 2 x large Raymarine MFD at mast.
- Raymarine radar.
- Raymarine GPS.
- Raymarine ST60 Graphic echo sounder- located at port helm.
- Raymarine ST60 wind instruments (one unit at each helm).
- 2 x White Star compasses.
- Raymarine VHF with DSC (New).
- 2 x Sportnav handheld VHF’s.
- Dometic gimballed 3 burner gas cooker with oven.
- Balay Dishwasher (new in 2020).
- Front opening freezer - Indel 24v.
- 2 x top opening fridges – 24v, which had a new motor 2020.
- “La Sommeliere” 220v drinks / wine fridge (in saloon).
- The galley is fully equipped with pots, pans, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
- Good stowage space - lockers outboard, spice rack, shelves above the counter, plus drawers and lockers under the counter.
- Coffee machine.
- Large s/s sink, forward.
- Drying rack.
- Serving hatch to saloon.
- 3 x electric toilets.
- Ensuite owner’s cabin facilities: overhead hatch for natural light and ventilation, electric head, wash basin with grey surround, mirrored lockers, soap dispenser, shower with seat, teak grating, horizontal jets as well as rain shower head.
- 2 x Ensuite guest cabin facilities each with head, wash basin, soap dispenser, and multi jet shower.
- Both Port and Starboard side have an electric head.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Condaria air conditioning installed throughout.
- Air conditioning and fan control to owner’s cabin.
- Air conditioning and fan control to guest cabins and saloon.
- New “sound system” 2020/2021.
- Bluetooth and Wi-fi system.
- TV in owner’s cabin.
- Cockpit speakers.
- Samsung HD TV (2015) in saloon.
- 4 x speakers in Saloon.
- Speakers to owner’s cabin.
- New LED lighting throughout, in overhead and blue LED lights at floor level.
- Lights with dimmer switch to owner’s cabin.
- Overhead lighting and recessed lighting and reading lamps to guest cabins.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior of the yacht is executed in Cherry.
- The cabins sole is teak and holy, made in removable sections for access to bilges.
- Grey upholstery.
- The twin cabin can also be used as a third double cabin.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Double bed amidships.
- Bedside reading lamps.
- Huge storage space under the bed.
- Two additional deep drawers under the bed.
- Hanging closet / lockers to starboard and port.
- Seat on starboard.
- Skylight / emergency escape hatch.
- TV mounted on aft port bulkhead.
- The mast section is covered in tan leather.
- En-suite head and shower aft to starboard.
- Set to port, with door from passage.
- It is fully equipped, as described above, with generous storage, refrigeration, cooker, worktops etc.
- There is an opening panel aft to the Saloon.
- The main saloon has a large table to the port side, with U shape sofa and central seat.
- The seating is trimmed with a soft grey fabric and there are scatter cushions.
- Saloon furniture redesign starboard side in 2020, also the port side saloon table and seating was modified.
- Saloon table may be lowered on 2 x s/s legs to convert to a bed.
- There is ample storage under the bench seating, and in bookshelves and cupboards.
- Changed sofas’ fabrics (2020).
- To the starboard side there is a 2.5m long desk / navigation table, with stool seat, storage and wine/drinks fridge. The flat screen TV and other electronics are wall mounted and all wiring behind the panels is accessible and well laid out.
- There is storage for charts and manuals inside the desk.
- There is a set of three chrome mounted instruments (barometer, clock, thermometer) forward / starboard.
- Storage unit for glasses, port side of settee.
- Aft of the desk / nav area is the vessels electrical panel, (protected by a see-through Perspex screen).
- The companionway stairs lift on hydraulic ram supports, and behind them there is storage for tools and spare parts - of which there is a good selection on board.
- The main saloon also has its own fan and air conditioning controls.
- Curtains removed and added sun protection layer on windows (2020/2021).
- 2 x large overhead hatches.
- Lovely light and airy space with forward and side windows.
- Identical twin cabins aft of saloon on either side.
- However, the port side can be configured either as a large full width double bed OR a twin bed arrangement, and starboard side is a fixed full width double bed.
- Storage under the bed and in large side lockers, a hanging closet and seat. Reading lamps.
- Each cabin with its own en-suite shower and head facility.
- Anodised aluminium mast with 3 sets of swept back spreaders.
- Anodised aluminium boom.
- The mast is supported by s/s rod rigging.
- Bamar electric genoa furler.
- Bamar manual hydraulic system for outhaul, vang and backstays – panel in cockpit.
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging.
- Twin backstays.
- Harken batt car system for main.
- There is a “lazy bag” / lazy jack cover/easy stow system for the mainsail.
- Removable inner stay for storm jib.
- Stainless steel prodder fitted at bow for gennaker.
- Mast steps.
- Sheets run through Harken runners/tracks, and Spinlock jammers.
- New halyards and some new sheets (2021/2022).
- Main sheet system is a central point – no track and is on the coach roof, leaving the cockpit free from the lines (and the control line leads aft to the starboard helm for easy control by helmsman).
- The mast was out 2015 for check and rig service, partial replacements of rod.
- At the time the mast was reinforced and a bigger s/s fitting for the vang was fitted.
- Small pole on mast is used to help lift tender on to the deck.
- The old spinnaker pole and jockey pole were removed and in storage, but available to the buyer.
- 6 x Harken winches (5 are electric).
- 2 x 74.2 electric primary winches.
- 2 x 70.2 electric secondary winches.
- 2 x 60.2 (one manual starboard and one electric port) winches at mast.
- Harken deck gear.
- Fully battened main (2013) with lazy jacks and lazy bag.
- Furling Genoa (2013) (serviced and sun protection layer changed in 2021/2022).
- Gennaker (2021).
- Code 0 (2018).
- Storm jib.
- Folding carbon passerelle/gangway.
- Hydraulic opening swim platform.
- The dinghy garage / aft stowage area is very large, the hatch lifts hydraulically on two rams (hinged at aft side). There is also a smaller hatch in the top of the big hatch on port side for easy access at sea.
- The cockpit has a table which rises hydraulically from its stowed position flush with the teak deck (it has a teak top so is completely hidden from view), and the table sides open out to create a dining table.
- Sails may be stored in the lazarette, as well as cleaning equipment, water toys, various covers and a stainless-steel swim ladder. When not in use the deck cushions can either be stowed in the lazarette or in the cabins.
- New swimming ladder with a better design (2021).
- Shower on transom platform.
- Shower on deck, portside.
- Gates in lifelines midships.
- Open pulpit.
- Seats on the pushpit.
- Side ladders.
- Gas bottle storage locker.
- Tools and spares.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Quick electric windlass at bow with plug in handheld control unit and a control at helm.
- Galvanized CQR anchor.
- New anchor chain 100 meters (2021/2022).
- Pop-up cleats.
- Stainless fairleads.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini (new 2020).
- Sprayhood (new 2020).
- The bimini is on a stainless-steel frame which can be stowed away completely.
- The spray hood is also on a stainless-steel frame.
- Sun awning.
- Mast gaiter renewed 2020.
Tender & Outboard:
- Callegari RIB tender (2013), stows on the foredeck, and has a Honda 40hp 4 stroke engine (2016), (both in moderate condition).
- 2 x Oceanic 6 person life rafts in bags.
- Emergency grab bag containing EPIRB, strobe etc.
- Search light.
- Lifeline runs down the starboard side of the deck.
- Fire extinguisher to owner’s cabin.
- Fire extinguisher to guest cabins.
- Fire blanket in galley.
Other Recent Service and Maintenance Works
- Full engine review.
- Full review of hydraulics.
- Genoa sun protection layer change.
- Maintenance of all mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Painting of small marks on hull.
- Repair to hatch fixtures.
- All winches dismounted, cleaned, repaired, etc.
- Maintenance of all mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Change of sofa fabrics.
- Curtains removed and added sun protection layer on windows.
- Painted storage spaces.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
2014 Iguana Expedition
2020 Axopar 37 Sports Cabin
2002 Nautor Swan 45
Rosneath, Argyll and Bute
2002 Custom 84' Troy Motor Explorer