1 of 33
Other builders offer raised salon and pilothouse cruisers, but the Tartan 4400 comes with two things you won't find elsewhere: Luxurious Tartan styling, and unmatched Tartan performance. Whether your cruising plans call for weekend or weeks-long cruising, or for living aboard for the season or forever, the Tartan 4400 will indulge you with an abundance of comfort and convenience. We start with furniture-grade solid cherry joinerwork, satin-varnished to perfection, then add your choice of designer fabrics all set off with lighting we've designed that adjusts to suit your mood, whether at work or play. Additionally, the two staterooms have a surfeit of clothes drawers and hanging locker space, shelves in the right places, room to dress, and space in which to enjoy a quiet moment. The Tartan 4400 interior is a gem, but because Tartan owners enjoy owning a yacht that is not only beautifully appointed but sails right by other cruisers, we've incorporated our trademark mix of passagemaking speed and reassuring stability into the 4400. The 5-foot 6-inch, draft 9,000-pound Beavertail bulb keel gives the 4400 sail-carrying power and stability. A deep, elliptical-shaped balanced spade rudder means instant response and tight maneuvering ability. And the 4400's double-spreader masthead sailplan is as powerful as it is easy to handle, with all sail controls led to the security of the cockpit.
In spite of the fact that the current owner bought the best of the freshwater Tartan 4400's on the market, The decision was made to totally refit all systems and equipment to the very best available regardless of cost.
1. 2021 - (2) Group 31 AGM Batteries and (2) 8D AGM Batteries $2,600.
2. 2021 - Add (2) 30 Amp shore power hookups to Anchor Locker, Transfer Switch, Selector Panels & Galvanic Isolator for complete system. Now the boat has water and electrical hookups at the stern and the bow, eliminating the need for long cables and hose connections - a huge convenience. $8,300.
3. 2020 - Replace all electrical mast wiring and add new LED Masthead, Anchor, Windex, Deck, and Steaming Lights. $1,600.
4. 2020 - Replace all exterior and interior Halogen lights with LED lights, helm switches, interior switches and Dimmers. $6,500.
Sails, Sail Handling, Canvas, Running Rigging
1. 2021 - Doyle Tech LS White Main with full battens, Tri-Radial cut and 2 Reefs. 145% White Genoa, and 1.5ox. Asymmetrical Spinnaker on GX 15 Top-Down Furler, Selden Bow Sprit & Accessories. $25,000.
2. 2019 - Replaced and rebuilt Canvas for Dodger, Connector, Bimini, 2 Wing Panels, and Helm Cover. $8,800.
3. 2019 - Replaced Lifelines and Stanchions, Running Rigging, added Doyle Cradle Cover to make dropping and flaking Mainsail easier, rebuild Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster and Harken Genoa Furler. $9,200.
1.2020 - (3) Raymarine i70 displays over Companionway, Garmin 8616 MFD @ Helm, Garmin 8612 @ Nav Station, Garmin 24xHD Radar w/Self Leveling Mount, Garmin GXM54 Satelite Weater and Audio Receiver, Garmin AIS800 Transceiver, Fusion Ms-RA770 Stereo, MNEA/ST/ng Marine Network Cabling, USB & HDMI Ports at Nav,'Icom M-504 VHF Rdio and Command Mic, Smart TV. $27,500.
2. 2020 - Replaced Speed/Temp and Wind Transducers, VHF Antenna. $1,300.
1. 2020 - Replaced Prop Shaft and sent 3-blade Feathering Maxprop to PYI for Rebuild and Balancing. $4,000.
2. 2019 - Replaced Lewmar Bow Thruster with Side Power Unit. $4,400.
3. 2019 - Replaced Swim Platform Actuator Motor. $900.
1. 2019 - Replaced factory Foam Pad sleeping surfaces in Forward and Aft Staterooms with Custom Handcraft Mattresses and Covers. $7,500.
2. 2019 - Custom Cockpit Cushions. $1,300.
1. 2019, 2020 - Exterior Teak sanded and conditioned with Cetol. Cockpit Sole and Coamings sanded and conditioned with Oil. $8,000.
2. 2020 - Gelcoat Repairs and Touchups. $2,600.
3. 2019, 2021 - Paint Bottom with VC-17 Antifouling. $2,500.