£235,000 (A$408,248) VAT incl.
|Offered By||Berthon International|2004 Sweden Yachts 42
From 2004, this is a very up together example of the ever popular Norlin designed Sweden Yachts 42 performance cruiser. Lots of continuous maintenance and upgrades in her current ownership means she lacks for nothing. Good sail wardrobe, electronics and with the addition of a generator and watermaker - she is ready for truly independent longer term cruising. Of course, the Sweden good looks, ease of handling and superb craftsmanship come as standard.
All sailing photography by Rick Tomlinson.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Craft Identification Number - SE-SWY420131304.
- Hull - End grain balsa core sandwich using fibreglass mat and roving onboth sides,givesa lightrigidand wellinsulated hull.Balsacoreisusedfromtoe rail tobelowwaterline. Solidlaminateis usedinhighstress areasaround thekeel, mast foot and inthe joint between the hull halves. Bottom reinforcements are longitudinal and transversal solid laminate design.
- Deck - End grain balsa core sandwich with molded fibreglass onboth sides. Stress areas where winches and themajor deck fittings are fixed, are reinforced byreplacingthe balsacorewithplywoodorby usingbacking plates or large diameter washers depending onthe type of fitting.
- Hull/Deck jointing - thehullandthedeckarebondedtogether usingpolyester filler. Thetoe rail isthen bolted through deck and hullflange using a special sealing material.
- A stainless steel mast step is part of a Sweden yachts designed andspecially developed steelbeamsystem allowingheavyloadstobetaken by bulkheads without the need for additional internal reinforcements.
- Teak Decklaidfrom 12mmfirstclassteakbonded tothedeck. The caulking to the side decks was replaced in June 2015.
- Hull was coppercoated summer 2019.
- Simpson Lawrence removable Davits.
Keel & Rudder:
- Theballastkeelisa leadcasting withantimony. Cast-inkeelbolts are stainless steel. A lifting lug is fastened to thekeelboats.
- Thebalancedspade rudder ismolded infibreglass usingroving and mattformaximum strength. Therudder stock isofstainlesssteelwithtworoller bearings.
- Rudder bearings replaced 2012. Inspected 2020.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo D2 55hp.
- Volvo gearbox with saildrive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 2,430 @ October 2022.
- Engine last serviced - July 2022.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx. 1000 Nm.
- Volvogaiterbetween hullandSaildrive needsreplacingeverysevenyears (replaced 2019), this can be done through aft cabin by sliding engine forward.
- Engine spares and anodes.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single wheel steering on pedestal with direct mechanical link to rudder stalk.
- Featherstream 4 blade feathering prop (2020).
- Ambassador rope cutter.
- 24Vbowthruster (Spare blades on board).
- Wheelisdetachable tofacilitateeasypassageforwards.
- There are12V,24Vand240V systems. 240Veither byshorepower, inverter or Generator.
- Numerous 240V, 12V and USB sockets throughout boat.
- Two12VMarincosockets;onestarboardaftbyhelmsman'sseatandthe otherintheforward saillocker, portside;useful ifinflating the dinghy on forward deck.
- 12V electric inflater for dinghy.
- Various socket adaptors.
- 4 xhouse gelbatteries, 12V,140Ah,replacedsummer 2016.
- 2 xengine gel batteries, new2015.
- Mastervolt – Mass 24/50 – 2 – New 2016 (24V House system).
- Mastervolt – Easycharge 6A – 12V New 2017 (Engine system – Additional to Sweden Spec.).
- Mastervolt - Inverter (1500W).
- 2 x alternators.
- 1 x standard 12 V Volvo engine alternator.
- 1 x 24v 95amp Second alternator for domestic battery bank.
- 4KVA Whisperpower unit new 2017.
- Generator last serviced at 154 hours (Aug 2022).
- Generator hours – 160 hours @ October 2022.
- 24V system with 2 (out of use maintenance) or 4 (summer use) movable panels for normal use.
- Additional 12V system for engine battery maintenance when boat out of use.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Handpumpsforfreshwater ingalleyfittedwitha replaceable filter cartridge.
- 24V Spectra Cape Horn Watermaker (58 l/hr) with both pumps. Can be used with 1 pump to reduce current draw. Operable underway through access hatch in forward head.
- Deepsump within bilge from which there arethree bilgepumps; a cockpit hand pumpfittedwitha non-returnvalveforemptying thesmallamountofwaterthat flows in when log islowered or raised; a highvolume emergency electric pump thathas a free flow tothe stern to ensure maximum discharge. And a smaller automatic bilge pump.
- Both Heads fittedwithelectricpumpforinletandoutlet.
- Spare macerator pump, fresh water pump, shower pump and toilet fill pump plus many other spares on board.
- 2 xcamping gazcontainers instarboard aftlockerthatdrainstocockpitfloor that is open to the sea aft.
- Total fuel capacity of 535 litres (117.7gallons) in 2 x tanks.
- Total fresh water capacity of 425 litres (93.5gallons) in 2 x tanks.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Black water tanks forward and aft.
Navigation & Communication Equipment
- 3 x Raymarine chart plotters with radar,two E80’s new March 2009 and July2011. 3rd unit updated to Axiom Pro 9 (2020).
- Radarnew 2009.
- Raymarine 650 AIS Transponder (2016).
- FullRaymarine navigation instrumentation;Depth,Log, Wind direction, Two fully independent Autopilots with electronic compasses. One ST6002 and the second new 2019 Raymarine p70s with ability to lock onto heading, wind direction or chosen course.
- Radiocontroltoautopilots viaa handheldcontrol unit.
- Icom VHF with remote control at helm.
- Exhomax active radar reflector.
- Magnetic compass within binnacle.
- Masthead Windex and VHF aerial.
- Satellite phone (requires a SIM card).
- lcomVHFwithcommandmicat helm.
- Portable Icom radio.
- Redbox wifi unit with 4G Roam Free 4G Gateway.
- GN Espace Ocean four burner gascooker including GN Espace trays.
- Solenoid gas valve in gas locker operated from galley.
- Main fridge/freezer system replaced/upgraded in 2019.
- Bar Fridge.
- China Crockery fitted in cupboard above cooker.
- Microwave in cupboard above.
- Magma Gas BBQ with pushpit mount.
- 2 x electric WCs.
- 2 x Thermostatically controlled showers.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Fans in all cabins and 2 in saloon.
- Sony Bluetooth iPod stereo.(Noteonlytwospeakers in saloon, thesecond setare blanks that mask access to the chain plates). Speakers in cockpit.
- LG TV mounted in forward cabin when underway. Easily lifted off for use in saloon when in harbour.
- LEDbulbstomajorityofinternal lights.
- Navigation lights all LED.
- Additional lamp and reading lamps to standard.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 berths in 3 double cabins.
- Marinegradewaterproofplyfacedwithselected mahoganyis used inallbulkheads andmajor joinery.
- Specially selected solid mahogany in frames and doors marine grade lower than in bottoms shelves etc.
- Where not visible all main bulkheads arebonded to hull and deck using glassfibre and polyester.
- Padded headboard in forward Cabin.
- Fitted padded cover for main saloon table.
- Bottle and Pilot book storage under table.
- Storage for 6 Vilroy and Boch glasses in saloon.
- 2 x additional stools mounted in forward cabin wardrobes for use at saloon table with additional persons on board.
- Leeclothstoallberths and saloon seat.
- Wempe Clock and Barometer.
- Reupholstered throughout in 2020.
- Floorboards professionally refinished 2022
- Mirrors replaced 2019.
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Heads Compartment:
- Moulded bottom section drained by electric pump and moulded upper section.
- Trimmed with mahogany
- Separate shower stall with curtain.
- Hatch access to sail locker
- Stainless steel wash basin.
- Toilet with waste tank.
- Mirrored lockers above toilet and wash basin.
- Teak grating.
- Queen size double berth to port side with cabinets along hull side.
- Drawer and cabinet under berth.
- Sideboard with cabinets along hull side on SB side between hanging lockers forward and aft.
- Additional drawer.
- Dinette arrangement with table on port side.
- Large fixed table
- Cupboards and shelving outboard.
- SB side has cabinet between main bulkhead and vastation with bookshelf, chart stowage, TV- and stereo plus drinks cabinet in table.
- U-shaped galley with Corian counter top.
- Drawer section, cutting board, dry food locker.
- Double overhead cupboards.
- Storage below sink.
- Top loading freezer.
- Front opening fridge.
- Large navigation table with stowage.
- Wooden, openable instrument panel for electronic equipment on hinges for easy service access.
- Electrical master panel included.
- Separate chart stowage in table. Navigation seat.
Aft Heads Compartment:
- Moulded compartment fitted between bulkheads.
- Two lockers with mirrored doors above wash-basin unit in grey Corian.
- Fitted mirror in forward sections.
- Recess for toilet with fold-away extra seat. Corian shower grating.
- Shower drained by electric pump.
- Towel hangers.
- Door to main cabin.
Starboard & Port Aft Cabins:
- Large double beds.
- Hanging lockers with seats.
- Cabinets above bed along hull side.
- Doors to main cabin.
- Selden anodized mast. Furlerboom.
- Standing rigging replaced 2019, running rigging regularly replaced as necessary.
- Spars finished in white.
- Self-tacking jiband long side-deck tracksforgenoa carsfittedwithcontrollines.
- Full running rigging.
- Furlerboom 2012. Fully refurbished 2019.
- Hydraulic back stay (Rebuilt 2017).
- Spinnaker pole on track up mast with adjustable heelfitting.
- Sail Area - 92.9m2 / 1,000sq ft.
- Sail Area Length Ratio - 20.4.
- 2 x manual Anderson control line winches.
- 2 x Andersonelectricwinches forhoisting andfurlingsailsandfortrimming the Genoas and chutes.
- Main bySanders, March 2019.
- Self-tacking jib, Sanders March 2012. Hasasecondaryclewsheetingeyeforusewhenreefed.
- 120%GenoabySandersin DacronApril2013.
- 120%Genoaby Sanders inDacronOct2014,fortwoheadsail down wind sailing, Stored ashore.
- Storm sail,2004withhanksforinnerforestay.
- Findelta type anchor steadying sail.
- Cockpit table with extension to give comfortable dining seating for 6 persons.
- Stern,hotand coldwatershower.
- 4 x mug holders on forward side of helm position.
- Simpson Lawrence removable davits.
- Passarelle with lower and upper attachment points.
- Bow ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 22kg Sarca Excel main anchor.
- Spare 20Kg delta with10m chain and 40m of rope.
- Deltaanchor Fortress 23 aluminium kedge with 10m chain.
- (60 m additional warp as tow rope or anchor rode.
- SeaAnchor, 'Shark'droguemadebyPara-Anchor (Australia).
- 10 x fenders.
- 2 x boat hooks.
- Numerous warps including 60m webbing warp on reel for stern to mooring.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Silver canvas spray canopy with matching Bimini and zip on fully enclosed cockpit tent. There are also mesh sides and back for use as sun shades.
- An older white sprayhood on board.
- 2 xcoversfor wheel, latest 2015 almost unused.
- Cockpit Cushions to match.
- Hatch covers.
- Boom cover (slides internally on furlerboom).
- Additional overcover for longer term storage.
- Padded cushions attachable to each side of pushpit.
Tender & Outboard:
- EPIRB, New April 2018 (battery life 10years).
- 2 x PLB’s on board in lifejackets. New batteries 2020.
- 6 x crewLifetags thatindicateposition onthechartplotterscreen ofperson overboard.
- Liferaft – 6 Man Ocean Safety 2014, Serviced 2021 due next service 2024.
- Jonbuoyservice due before use 2023.
- Emergency tiller with control lines and blocks.
- Comprehensive Firstaidkitwith lockable first aid cabinet for drugs in aft heads.
- Full set of Manuals (not onboard). All manuals available as pdf’s for lighter weight use on board.
- 3 powder fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Length at Waterline||11.23m|
|Fresh Water Tank|
2015 Discovery 55
2002 Southern Ocean Dixon 65
1973 Camper & Nicholsons Nicholson 55
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, 06 - Alpes-Maritimes
2023 Pegasus 50 Globe