Vismara Design, Farr Yacht Design, Marten Marine and Southern Spars join forces to create a unique ‘Fast Ocean Cruiser’ with Maxi performance, but effortless handling and supreme safety at sea. Extensively updated over recent seasons.
- New Sony tv and Fusion hi-fi
- New cockpit and deck cushions
- New mooring winch Sanguineti aluminium 1200w
- New lithium batteries for electronics and service (save 1200 kg)
- New generator fisher panda 15000
- New code zero
- New light stay sail
- New light Genoa
- New light Gennaker mast head
- New B&G H5000 displays
- New Mastervolt Combi 100 batteries charger
- New Mastervolt 100 batteries charger
- New Mastervolt electronic batteries charger
- New Genoa and main sails 3Di from NorthSails Auckland
- Modified Asymmetrical Cruising Spin 1.5oz with furler
- New water-maker from Schenker 100L
- New Air-Con system from Condaria in each cabin and dinette
- New Garmin Plotter 8012, Radar-AIS, Automatic Pilot
- New fridge compressors
- New Service and Electronics Batteries
- New hull and deck paint with Awlgrip
- New folding 4-pale propeller from Bruntons
- New mast electrical wiring
The partnership between Vismara and Auckland Marten Yachts is behind the creation of the Vismara 65’ Ocean Fast Cruiser. The Vismara 65 is a highly researched, technological and stylish craft with which Vismara has highlighted the value of the term fast cruiser: a combination of top performance and great comfort.
This craft is difficult to place in a pre-established category and it is easier to imagine that it will be the first in a family of sail-powered Yachts: the Ocean Fast Cruiser. The design is immediately interesting in terms of the materials used: hull and deck in pre-impregnated carbon fibre over a core in Nomex with different densities and thicknesses, and they will undergo a vacuum compacting process and curing at 80° centigrade to guarantee maximum mechanical performance from the hull. The interior structures will also be made in vacuum-treated carbon. However, the composite material is also part of the furnishings; in fact, to guarantee a lower overall weight and maximum strength, many of the furnishing items, such as the front panels of the furniture units, tops on benches and internal shelving will be made in pre-impregnated carbon over a Nomex core and laminated to the hull as internal ribbing. To save on weight and without adversely affecting the structure of the vessel, which will need to deal with all weather conditions, a “Finite Elements” analysis has been made to provide a detailed view of the areas most under stress from keel, mast and halyard loads, and to use the correct amount of materials, without excesses or shadow zones.
The interior design envisages composite material furnishings veneered in fine woods and solutions to guarantee the maximum comfort on board. Inside, starting from the bow: a roomy sail locker with two foldaway beds; two guest cabins, opposite one another, each with private bathroom. Amidships, there is a truly spacious dinette, the true heart of the boat, which also houses the master galley. The master cabin is in the widest section of the boat, with one bed on each side, separated by a study area, as chosen by the owner, and a private bathroom. Proceeding towards the stern, we find the crew quarters, which are completely independent from the rest of the interior to make life on board easier, as well as watch duty while sailing. The crew quarters include a galley and bathroom. At the end of the stern, a garage guarantees excellent storage space as well as enough room for a tender. The deck plan reflects the style of Studio Vismara, with a low, comfortable deckhouse, wide walkways and a handy cockpit for manoeuvres, equipped with double wheel. There is a living area cockpit amidships in which to enjoy sailing in total relaxation. The deck surface will be faced in teak. The performance of this craft is guaranteed by carefully optimised hull and appendage lines, designed to get the very best of sail power. The sail plan is one of the greatest innovations on a craft of this type: a rotating wing mast in carbon fibre, the result of collaboration between the design studios involved in the project.
Notable Race Results
- September 2004 - 1st place Maxi-Yacht Rolex Cup, Porto Cervo
- June 2004 - 2nd place cruising division, 9th place overall Giraglia Rolex Cup
- May 2004 - 1st place cruising division, 4th place overall, Tre Golfi, Capri
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is in Carbon-Nomex painted in pearl white
- Hull and deck repainted with Awlgrip ‘Pearl White’ - 2012
- The flush deck and low coach roof of the vessel is finished with hand laid teak
- 16x custom Marten Yachts carbon flush hatches
- The stern is equipped with a garage for the dinghy and for general storage use
- Double cockpit, the after for the helmsman with two wheels and the central one for guests.
- Hull and deck are built in prepreg carbon vacuum bagged and cured at 80° with Nomex core, in order to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- To save weight and give the maximum strength to the boat many of the furniture elements, such as the frontals, or the horizontal shelves of the settees are in sandwich of pre-preg carbon with Nomex core.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead bulb keel with steel fin
- Balanced rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4LHDTE 125hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Brunton 4-bladed folding propeller – 2012
- Steering via two custom carbon Y spoke wheels and Vectran cable system
- Emergency tiller.
- 24vDC & 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverters
- 1x 12vDC engine start battery
- 1x 12vDC generator start battery
- 24vDC 600Amp lithium service battery bank - 2018
- 2x 24vDC Lithium electronics batteries
- Batteries replaced - 2016
- Mastervolt 100Amp battery charger - 2017
- Secondary Mastervolt 40 amp battery charger - 2017
- Fischer Panda 15kw generator – 2017
- Engine-mounted 150Amp Mastervolt alternator – 2015/6
- Mastervolt 100 Combi inverter - 2018
- 230v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 60 litres hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
- Schenker 100 lt per hour water maker – 2016
- Electric bilge pumps
- Electric shower drain pumps
- 2x 500 litres fuel tanks giving a total of 1,000 litres – built structurally into hull
- 2x 500 litres fresh water tanks giving a total of 1,000 litres – built structurally into hull
- 250 litre blackwater holding tank
- 300 litre greywater holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Performance Instrument package
- 4 - B&G H5000 FFD displays in the cockpit - 2018
- Garmin 8012 colour GPS chartplotter / radar display – 2015
- Garmin GMR18XHD high definition radar - 2015
- Garmin GHP12 autopilot with GH20 remote control – 2015
- Garmin autopilot - 2015
- Furuno chart plotter – operating as backup GPS
- B&G H5000 FFD display at the nav station - 2018
- 2x- Suunto compasses
- 2x Garmin cameras – 2017
- Garmin 200i VHF with DSC – 2015/6
- VHF radio in cockpit
- Iridium / GSM sat phone
- Weather Fax
- Inmarsat Sat C
- Mile oven
- 4x burner hob
- 2x fridges – compressors replaced 2015
- Dishwasher - 2014
- Hot & cold pressurised water throughout
- 4x heads and showers
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Condaria air-conditioning system with new 5 fan coil, 5 control panels and 2x 16 BTU, 2x 6 BTU and 1x BTU outputs - 2015
- Sony TV – 2019
- Fusion HiFi - 2019
- Linn home theatre Hifi system
- 5 speakers in dinette 1 sub woofer
- 4 deck speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Accommodation for 6 guest in three cabins plus two crew in a further cabin. Potential for further berths in saloon settees.
- The layout and the general styling of “Mister A” make the boat particularly comfortable and functional. The standard of finish is SUPERB.
- The boat is divided into two areas: the crew mess aft and the owner/guests area from amidships forwards.
- This separation assures mutual privacy, but also takes in consideration the differences between the use of the boat during blue water navigation and in harbour.
- For this reason there are two galleys, one close to the crew mess and navigation area. The main galley is amidships close to the saloon.
- The owners suite is located amidships and provided with two separate single berths with desk and office in between.
- The saloon is very well lit superbly finished and comfortable for socialising.
- The two guest cabins are upper and lower berths provided and they are forward preceding the sail locker.
- The furniture design utilises a mix of hitech and traditional styling and materials.
- Cherry wood is used to face the furniture and the bulkheads.
- Carbon structures of items, such as the entrance ladder are left bare to remind the owner just what a special yacht this is.
- Highest quality upholstery and finishes throughout
- The rotating wing mast project was a cooperation of Vismara Yacht Design, ICAD, Florence, Italy and Farr Design with the goal to reach the best section for efficient driving force at minimum heel angles in upwind conditions capable with the rotation of the mast.
- The mast section has a profile with a chord length of 650 mm on a fractional mast and the sail plan includes a fractional cruising spinnaker as well as a very powerful masthead spinnaker for use in the Maxi-yacht circuit races.
- The Southern Spars mast is laminated with a mixture of pre.preg Carbon of standard and hi-modulus with autoclave at 3 bar pressure and cured under 120°C.
- The mast structure has been designed for use without a backstay up to 22 knots of true wind.
- Carbon boom
- Rig-repainted – 2017/18
- The backstay is recommended in extreme weather conditions or for long navigations to depower the Mainsail or during the races in order to compensate the bending of the mast due to the spinnaker loads.
- The engineering of the mast and rigging incorporates solutions normally utilized on Open-class yachts and includes composite PBO rigging, including the headstay.
- The Reckman hydraulic furler for the Genoa is recessed under deck and equipped with a carbon-foil aerodynamic profile forestay.
- The hydraulic mast controls for rotating the wing mast are led to the wheel steering pedestals, as are the furling controls for the Genoa.
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging for cruising
- Carbon rod rigging for racing
- Navtec vang
- Frederiksen deck gear blocks
- The main sail traveller is controlled with a custom under deck hydraulic system.
- Rig checked by Southern Spars – Palma with replacement of 2 stays as deemed necessary – 2015/16
- Reckmann systems checked – 2013
- Bowsprit for Code 0 – 2017/18
- Harken winch package with 6x electric winches
- North 3Di Carbon Dynama mainsail – 2016
- North 3Di Carbon Dynama genoa – 2016
- North Light Genoa – 2018
- North Light masthead Gennaker – 2018
- North 1.5oz Asymmetric with furler – 2016
- North carbon Code 0 – 2018
- North Sails Spectra delivery mainsail – 2003
- North Sails Spectra genoa – 2003
- North Sails Spectra staysail – 2003
- North Sails 0.5oz masthead asymmetric - 2003
- Double lifelines.
- Flush deckhead hatches
- Carbon passarelle – 2015/16
- Carbon cockpit table
- Cockpit shower
- Titanium swimming ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Concealed anchor mounting
- Lofrans electric anchor windlass
- Delta Inox anchor with 12mm chain
- Sanguinetti 1,200w aluminium retractable mooring winch - 2019
- Spade 15kg kedge anchor
- 2x floating anchors
- Fenders & warps
Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood - 2014
- Cockpit cushions - 2019
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 315 Rib
- Yamaha 15hp outboard
- 2x Autoflug 6 man liferafts (service status not warranted)
- 2x 406Mhz Epirbs
- Flarepack (service status not warranted)
- 2x Jonbuoys
- 12c Avon safety harnesses
- Lifejackets (service status not warranted)
- Fire-extinguishers (service status not warranted)
- MISTER A inventory includes 20” shelved storage container
- Mooring in La Spezia with storage container and 2 parking spaces available by separate negotiation (to purchase or to rent).
Lying La Spezia - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com