2001 Kanter 80 FRUITION24m
€1,000,000 (A$1,468,502) VAT incl.
2001 Kanter 80
Kanter 80 FRUITION was the fruition of her owners many years of thought, planning, and building! He has owned her from new and had the same captain almost as long! They have both strived (and succeeded!) to keep the yacht in top shape. In the last 3 years much has been done to upgrade and improve the yacht – full painting, new rigging, new sails, new instruments, interior changes, engine room overhaul and more! The layout of her deck area, sail plan and interior mean she is easy to sail, you are comfortable on deck in any weather and can relax in comfort below.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull, with extruded topside rub-rails just below sheer height, frames, multiple stringers and bulkheads of welded marine grade aluminium.
- The topsides, superstructure, and spars were painted in 2019.
- Boarding platform and steps inset into the transom.
- 2 x watertight aluminium doors in transom access lazarette/steering gear etc. from boarding platform.
- 4 aluminium plates, edge welded at stem-head project forward forming channels to guide anchor chain/warp to end rollers. Wear resisting plastic liners are fitted to the soles of the channels.
- Perforated anodised aluminium foot rails, incorporating 4 x each side enclosed roller fairleads for warps.
- Fabricated pedestal/instrument consoles.
- Poured lead/antimony ballast of approximately 36000lbs / 16,364kg.
- Laid teak deck to cockpit sole and seating, and to stern boarding platform and steps.
- 18 x fixed hull windows, all located within topside style line.
- Forward, side and aft pilothouse windows are of 10mm monolithic safety glass, and all are fixed.
- The hull topsides have a 1" insulation material (from original).
- Below the water line there is no insulation.
- The engine room insulation was all replaced 2021 with 60mm, (Vetus Prometech double 60mm).
- Most of the insulation above the head lining was also replaced in 2021 with 25mm (Armaflex AF 25).
Plating Thicknesses at Build:
- Topsides - 6mm plate.
- Bottom - 7mm plate.
- 3 x watertight bulkheads - 5mm plate (2 forward, 1 aft).
- Tank tops - 6mm plate.
- Deck & superstructure - 6/5/4mm, as appropriate
Keel & Rudder:
- Chain and wire to rudder stock quadrant, easily accessed in lazarette.
- Keel sides - 8mm plate.
- Keel bottom - 12mm plate.
- Fabricated aluminium rudder mounted on 2/3 depth alloy hull skeg.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins-Sabre turbo-charged 6-cylinder marine diesel engine model M265TI developing 265hp at 2500 rpm with dedicated alternator to charge main engine starting batteries.
- Twin Disc MG5061A 2.47:1 reduction gearbox
- Single lever throttle and clutch controls located on starboard side of each cockpit steeringpedestal.
- Main engine mounted Ample 4110 series 24V 175A output alternator, to charge house batteries.
- Note: the engine room has had a full makeover in the last 2 years – see details at end of specification.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 5850 as of March 2022.
- Engine last serviced: October 2021.
- Cruising speed under power - 10 knots.
- Maximum speed: 12 knots according to load and conditions.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hundested 3-bladed, variable pitch propeller, 660mm diameter with stainless steel 75mm diameter shaft.
- MaxProp bow-thruster 20-34hp. Running off 2 x 24V electric pump.
- Edson system with twin 49″/ 1.25m stainless steel wheels with leather to rims.
- Emergency tiller.
- 24VDC / 220VAC at 50Hz.
- 240V 50Hz single phase custom fabricated switchboard.
- 3 x 24/12V Intervolt custom fabricated switchboard.
- Numerous 220VAC 13-amp outlets.
- Double pole breakers on all electrical circuits.
- 8 x 12VDC 100AH gel battery in battery box, used for main engine, generator, and bow thruster electric motors.
- 2 x bank of 6 x 12V 200Ah, 1200 Ah at 24 VDC house battery charged by chargers or main engine alternator.
- Service batteries new November 2016.
- Starter/thruster battery new September 2021.
- 2 x Mastervolt Mass 24V 100A chargers for service batteries.
- 1 x Mastervolt Mass 24V 25A charger for starter/thruster batteries.
- C-Power marine isolation transformer 12kVA.
- 2 x Victron phoenix 24/3000 inverter.
- 2 x Grunert refrigeration compressor units.
- AIS transceiver was installed in 2015.
- Northern lights M984K 30kWgenerator with 24VDC alternator to charge starting batteries, in acoustic box.
- Hours @February 2022 – 10,697.
- Generator last serviced: October 2021
- Yes – 220v system.
- Shore power - new 50Amp cable last year, feeds to isolation transformer, selection of plugs.
- Outlets on board are a combination of both UK and EU (originally all UK but they have installed quite a few EU over the years).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- The water heating system is a Surejust calorifier, new 10 years ago, two immersion elements (1 x 3kw, 1 x 1kw).
- This may be heated from both the main engine and the generator as well as via shorepower.
- Hot water circulation pump.
- HEM 20//1300 4800 LPD, 200 LPH, new 2021.
- 1 x Whale Gusher 2″ manual pump.
- 1 x Edson model 120 2” electric diaphragm pump connected to bilge manifold.
- 6 x Rheinstrom M50E bilge pumps.
- Total fuel capacity of 2728 litres in 3 integral aluminium tanks.
- Total water capacity of 1818 litres in 2 integral aluminium tanks.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Blackwater holding tank of 900 litres in 4 stainless tanks.
Navigation & Communication Equipment
At Chart Table in Lower Salon:
- Raymarine Axiom 12 multifunction display, new 2019.
- Icom IC-M710 MF/HF Transceiver.
- Furuno NX 300 Navtex receiver.
- Sailor Fleet One Sat phone.
- Raytheon RAY53 DSC VHF.
- 3 x RayMarine ST60 displays.
- Blue Sea 12V/24V switch panels.
- 5 x Wema Norway tank level indicator.
On Aft Bulkhead Shelf, Port Side:
On Galley Cupboard Unit, Facing Saloon:
- 150mm face clock.
- 150mm barometer.
In Crew Quarters:
- 2 x Raytheon multi-function display.
- Raymarine ST60 speed display unit, starboard forward bulkhead.
- Raymarine ST60 depth display unit, port forward bulkhead.
- 2 x Kenwood water resistant speakers, 1 either side of forward bulkhead.
- 2 x Ritchie 6″ magnetic spherical, binnacle mounted 1 atop each steering pedestal.
On Lower Part of Starboard Steering Pedestal Console:
- Engine control panel with:
- VDO tachometer, engine temp, oil pressure, exhaust temp and battery voltage gauges.
- Hundested propeller pitch indicator and control.
- Starter and Service battery parallel switch.
- Bow thruster up/down control.
On Main Lower Part of Port Steering Pedestal Console:
- ICOM IC M323 VHF.
- Navtex hydraulic console adjacent, on inboard side.
On Each Upper Consoles:
- Nav podmounted on stainless steel tube struts to position directly ahead of helmsman:
- Raymarine Axiom 12 multifunction display (new in 2019).
- Micro Commander single lever engine control.
- Bow thruster control.
- Raymarine ST7002 autopilot controller.
- Raymarine 360 wind and multi-function display.
- Custom refrigerator plus linked vegetable cold storage compartment.
- Custom freezer beneath dining saloon sole.
- Miele 70mm electric oven.
- Miele 70mm gas 5 burner hob.
- Panasonic microwave/convection oven, built in.
- Stainless steel galley tops with two sinks.
- In Sink-Erator sink macerator.
- Miele extractor hood fan in galley.
- Xintex auto gas valve control and fume detector.
- Cutlery and crockery for 8.
In Crew Cabin:
- Miele washing machine and dryer, both new 2019.
- 4 x Sealand Vacuflush marine toilets, flush with fresh water into holding tanks, or overboard.
- Gröhe mixer tap units to sink faucets in galley and head/shower compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Condaria reverse cycle air conditioning plant, PCWM/FCL 15002, with fan coils in all cabins, pilot house and lower salon.
- The air conditioning plant including the cooling and circulation pumps were replaced in November 2015.
- Air circulation fans to each cabin.
- Extractor fans to all head compartments.
- 4 x Sony CD players (1 in each guest cabin, owner’s stateroom, and crew cabin).
- 2 x Kenwood speakers in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 8 berths in 4 cabins.
- Interior joinery, including bulkheads, is mainly in American cherry, solid or veneered.
- Cabin soles are foam cored with surfaces and undersides of plywood skins, the surfaces being teak laid and maple to a total thickness of 38mm.
- Headliners are cream over plywood panels, with cherry battens between.
Description of layout from forwards:
Crew Head / Shower Compartment:
- Vacuflush head.
- Overhead hatch with roller blind / insect screen.
- This compartment is accessed from either the crew cabin or by a separate door from the laundry/single berth area.
- The twin berth crew cabin is situated to starboard.
- There are 4 large drawers beneath each berth and a hatch overhead, fitted roller blind / insect screen.
- Outboard is a hull window.
- To Port there are another two berths, one with mattress, the other used as storage/recycling area.
- There are 2 hull windows.
- Aluminium access ladder.
- Aft of ladder/locker unit are stacked a Miele clothes dryer and a Miele clothes washer. Above is a large storage locker. A doorway aft leads into the galley on the port side.
- Outboard, double stainless-steel sinks are fitted into a worktop positioned below 2 hull windows.
- Various storage lockers outboard above the worktop, a built-in microwave/convection oven adjacent and a custom refrigerator and linked cold storage compartment aft.
- Fire blanket on forward bulkhead.
- The galley is separated from the lower dining saloon by a fore and aft dividing unit. Also, a row of suspended cupboards above the cooker unit.
- At the aft end of the galley is the access door to the engine room and a walkway across to the dining saloon and the steps to the deck saloon.
Lower Dining Saloon:
- The lower dining saloon, to starboard opposite the galley, has a dining table and seating for three people.
- Forward of the table is the chart table and instrument panel.
- Note: the lower saloon layout has been modified in 2019 to provide a navigation table forward and hence the previous U sofa is shorter than before.
Raised Saloon / Pilothouse:
- With large windows fitted all round and 2 big overhead hatches, the saloon benefits from an abundance of light.
- To port a semi-circular dinette is set on a plinth affording seated persons a clear view of the yacht’s surroundings. The semi-circular extendable dining table is beautifully made with a pale birds-eye maple top, separated by a 1/4″ black line from a rounded American cherry perimeter.
- To starboard is a sofa with seating for three at the same level as the main table seating.
- Note: the sofa on starboard was new in 2019 replacing a previous cabinet & chart area.
- Below the forward section of the passageway sole is the access facility to the propeller shaft bearing / gland. This forward bilge section is covered by a clear plastic viewing panel secured to the floor structure.
- Below the mid-section is a shower sump with float switch to activate automatic pumping of contents to a grey water tank.
- Below the aft section are two Sealand vacuum generators which deliver waste from the guest cabin heads to the black water tanks / or to sea. Another in the lazarette serves the owner’s head.
Port & Starboard Guest Cabins
- These cabins offer ample storage space.
- Between the berths is a bedside table/drawer unit with a birds-eye maple table top, a Sony CD player and bookshelves above.
- At a higher level are 2 large lockers.
- A 5-drawer chest at the foot of the outboard berth has a fiddled birds-eye maple top.
- Fitted are 2 air fans and fire extinguisher.
Port & Starboard Guest Head/Shower Compartments:
- A door in the cabin’s aft bulkheads leads to the ensuites with separate shower stalls with clear acrylic doors, all completely lined with Surrell.
- There is a removable varnished teak and maple sole panel sitting on a stainless shower tray.
- Surrell topped vanity unit with fitted hand basin and Gröhe mixer tap, beneath a large mirror.
- Outboard is a Vacuflush head.
- Sole in head area is of reconstituted marble tiles, lined in white laminate.
- Situated aft with centreline double berth positioned head end to the aft bulkhead.
- The aft stateroom is a real feature of FRUITION and is better than found on many larger vessels.
- There is plenty of locker space, a deep fiddle around a bird’s eye maple table surface, is fitted to either side of the head of the berth.
- A swing-out stainless-steel framed seat rotates neatly to stow under the table when not in use. The mizzen mast passes down to its step adjacent to the door from the aft passageway and is fitted with a Velcro-fastened Alcantara mast coat.
- To starboard is a comfortable settee. A shelf surface outboard and above the settee has a lift up trap in the shelf to access a useful locker. At the aft end of the shelf is a bookcase, and adjacent, a fire extinguisher.
- Between the settee and the starboard side of the double berth is a 7 stepped accommodation staircase, with a substantial stainless-steel handrail to either side. This gives direct access to the aft deck, via a large Lewmar hatch. A large section of the staircase can hinge forward to access a locker in which could be stowed travel bags, boots etc. Another Lewmar hatch is fitted over the double berth.
- All hatches have roller blinds / mosquito screens.
- In the starboard forward corner of the stateroom is the partition wall of the head and shower compartment.
- A pair of hull windows is fitted to either side of the stateroom.
Owner's Head / Shower Compartment:
- The head compartment is fitted out as those of the guest cabins – with separate shower stall with clear acrylic door, a removable varnished teak and maple sole panel sitting on a stainless shower tray, Surrell topped vanity unit with fitted hand basin and Gröhe mixer tap, a large mirror.
- Outboard is a Vacuflush marine head.
- Sole in head area is of reconstituted marble tiles, lined in white laminate.
- The head compartment has one hull window.
Spars & Rigging:
- GMT carbon fibre keel stepped main mast, internally insulated, and with 3 slightly swept back spreaders and Antal HS60 Batt-car track.
- Harken spinnaker track on mainmast.
- Conventional double line reefing.
- GMT carbon fibre boom with racks to stow fully battened mainsail in lazy bag
- GMT carbon fibre keel stepped mizzen mast, internally insulated, with 2 very swept back spreaders and Antal HS60 Batt-car track.
- Conventional double line reefing.
- GMT carbon fibre mizzen boom with racks to store fully battened mizzen in lazy bag
- Carbon fibre reaching pole stowed on foreside of main mast.
- Hydraulic backstay adjusters and main mast jack.
- Navtec rod standing side rigging.
- Navtec 1 x 19 stainless steel wire fore and aft standing rigging.
- Navtec 3 function System VII console with 3 valves with controls at the aft end of the cockpit to operate rigid hydraulic vangs to main and mizzen booms and Back stay rams
- Bamar electric headsail furlers for Yankee (new 2020) and staysail.
- Foredeck floodlight on main mast.
- Spreader lights, x 2, on bottom spreader, each side, main and mizzen
- Note: 2019 – Pro Rigging managed a refit of the spars and rigging, with both masts out of the boat, spars painted and most of the rods were replaced.
Deck Equipment & Fittings:
- Lewmar aluminium tracks, each with 2 x roller cars, on side deck for Yankee sheets, which run aft to double foot blocks, mounted on integral inclined plinths which serve sheets to cockpit winches.
- Lewmar aluminium tracks, each with 1 x roller lead on forward coachroof for staysail sheets.
- Main and mizzen sheets have no sheet tracks. The sheets run through blocks on the booms and on the coachroof and aft deck.
- Main Halyard and reefing lines, and staysail sheets are led aft, as 3 to port and 4 to starboard, via non-tumble blocks to Spinlock rope clutches ahead of cockpit winches.
Main Mast Design Dimensions:
- I = 25.25.
- J = 8.04.
- P = 22.75.
- E = 7.00.
Mizzen Mast Design Dimensions:
- Winches by Lewmar, Ocean series with aluminium drums.
- 1 x 66EST 2 speed electric serving mainsheet mounted on starboard aft corner of deck saloon roof under spray hood.
Cockpit Coaming Starboard Side Winches:
- 77EST 2-speed electric primary serving Yankee sheet.
- 66EST 2-speed electric secondary serving mainsail halyard, 2nd reef, staysail sheet.
- 4 x Spinlock rope clutches serving: Mainsail halyard, 2nd reef downhaul & outhaul, and Staysail sheet
Cockpit Coaming Port Side Winches:
- 77EST 2-speed electric primary serving Yankee sheet.
- 66EST 2-speed electric secondary serving 1st reef, staysail sheet.
- 3 x Spinlock rope clutches serving: 1st reef downhaul & outhaul and Staysail sheet.
Winches On Aft Deck Raised Amidships Plinth:
- 66EST 2-speed electric centrally positioned serving mizzen sheet, mizzen halyard, mizzen topping lift and with 3 x rope clutches adjacent for mizzen halyard, sheet, and topping lift.
Winches on Aft deck on Outboard Plinth:
- 2 x 64ST manual, 1 to either side, handling running backstays.
Winches at Mainmast on Raised Plinths to Port & Starboard:
- 66ST manual (port) serving Yankee and staysail halyard.
- 66STE 2-speed electric (starboard) serving spinnaker halyard.
- Norths NPL Tour UltraX NorLam, all four new 2019 and since have seen very little use.
- Mainsail fully battened with 2 reefs.
- Mizzen - with 1 fully battened, 1 reef.
- 90% Yankee, roller furling.
- 57% Staysail, roller furling.
- Mainsail and mizzen lazy bags in beige Sunbrella.
- Opacmare hydraulic crane, model 3047/22, aft port deck for lifting tender on board. Control unit in lazerette, port.
- Opacmare hydraulic passerelle, model 1003/23, starboard aft, exiting from top step from boarding ladder, and control unit in lazerette, starboard.
- 14 x Lewmar Ocean Series aluminium / tinted acrylic hatches.
- 14 x Dorade ventilator boxes integral with deck structure.
- Stainless steel handrails to deck saloon roof and around cockpit seating.
- Stainless steel double rail bow pulpit, enabling boarding when yacht berths bow-to.
- Stainless steel brackets for port and starboard navigation lights.
- Pulpit feet locate in integral alloy deck sockets, each with nylon insulator.
- Stainless steel stanchions with twin guard wires locate in sockets as bow pulpit.
- Stainless steel “granny bars”, one to either side of mainmast. The starboard one incorporates a braced teak step to enable crew to climb onto mast when rigging the mainsail cover.
- Fitted cradles to aft deck for stowage of RIB.
- Side “Mediterranean” style boarding steps and platform in aluminium and teak.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with 2 x folding leaves. Lift-up trap in tabletop accesses a drinks fridge. Stainless steel tube foot bars to either side of table pedestal for the convenience of persons on adjacent side seats.
- Hot and cold-water deck shower in deck housing above bathing steps.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lofrans Titan electric anchor windlass with port and starboard gypsies for 14mm chain, and vertical rope capstan controlled by foredeck foot switches. Windlass replaced in 2015.
- 180lb / 81.7kg CQR galvanised steel anchor stowed in stem-head fitting, ready to deploy.
- 47lb / 21.4kg FX85 Fortress anchor.
- 21lb / 9.5kg FX37 Fortress anchor.
- 100m 14mm galvanised steel anchor chain.
- 8 x aluminium warp cleats.
- Mooring warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Stainless steel tube permanently fitted Bimini frame over cockpit, with beige Sunbrella cover.
- Stainless steel tube folding sprayhood frame to fore side of cockpit fitted with beige hood with front and side plastic windows.
- Beige/white striped cockpit cushions and beige backrests.
Tender, Outboard & Toys:
- Avon 4.05m Adventurer 400 7-person RIB hard bottom inflatable dinghy.
- 40hp Yamaha 4-stroke electric start outboard motor.
- Bauer Junior electric dive bottle compressor in lazarette.
- 4 x dive bottles.
- Diving gear.
- Safety equipment is all serviced and in date (as at April 2022).
- Zodiac 12-man offshore canister packed life raft with water ballast/survival pack and protective cover, on foredeck chocks.
- 1 x Lifesling and 1 x Jonbuoy aft quarter guard.
- McMurdo 406 EPIRB.
- 12 x Lifejackets.
- Xintex Propane gas detector/alarm operates electric solenoid to close supply valve.
- Two sensors in galley.
- Gas locker drains overboard.
- Halon Fireboy FM200 automatic fire extinguisher with automatic shutdown of engine and generator.
- Hand-held dry chemical fire extinguisher in each cabin, engine room and lazzerette.
- Handheld C02 extinguisher engine room.
- Fire blanket in galley.
- Portable hand pump with fire hose.
- HEM water maker new 2021.
- Starter batteries replaced September 2021.
- All of the boat and all spars painted 2019.
- Masts pulled and rod rigging replaced as necessary 2019.
- Service batteries replaced November 2016.
- 3 x Raymarine Axiom 12 multifunction screens new 2019.
- New clothes washer and dryer installed 2019.
- Condaria Air Conditioning unit replaced 2015.
- Modifications to lower and upper saloon, 2019.
- Everything maintained as per schedule.
During the last two years 2020-22 the engine room has had a full makeover, including:
- Replaced main valves x 2 for engine exhaust and discharge of bilge/cooling water from all systems.
- Replaced main engine exhaust.
- Replaced main exhaust lagging.
- New exhaust extraction fan.
- Replaced all engine room insulation.
- Replaced engine room floor panels.
- New hem water maker.
- Painted main engine.
- Replaced engine mounts on generator.
- Painted generator.
- New exhaust for generator.
- Replaced wiring to all systems in engine room.
- Replaced all fuel lines.
- Replaced engine room lighting.
- Removed and rebuilt raw water intake valves and manifold (this is being done now 3-22).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Length at Waterline
2018 Solaris 50
2000 Trader 535 Sunliner
2004 Custom Simon Rogers One Design
2010 Oyster 575