£260,000 (A$453,292) VAT incl.
|Offered By||Berthon International|1993 Bowman 48
Bowman 48s are famous for their stable and safe seagoing qualities and BOANDARO is no exception. Built in the UK, she is the only one with a centre cockpit. Over the years, she has been very well maintained by her current owner, with comprehensive refits and an extensive list of equipment, allowing a new owner to tackle any ocean and she is now ready for her next adventures.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid GRP hill with isophthalic resin.
- Hull colour in Scott Bader white gel coat.
- Deck re-caulked and refurbished 2008.
- GRP superstructure in Scott Bader off white.
- 18mm marine ply strengthening on transom ready for Hydrovane Windvane steering.
- Teak handrails and Dorade boxes - overhauled and varnished 2018 and annually thereafter.
- Perko chrome Dorade ventilators - re-chromed, repainted internally and overhauled 2018.
- Teak laid side decks and cockpit.
- Epoxied coated hull below waterline since new.
- Coppercoat antifouling since 2007 - renewed completely in 2019.
- Watertight bulkhead between fore-cabin and sail-locker.
- Collision bulkhead between cable locker and sail-locker.
Keel & Rudder:
- External lead keel, bolted with 25mm keel bolts.
- Paine keel with elliptical bulb and end plate.
- Lead keel step fitted to protect against grounding damage.
- Skeg hung GRP foam filled rudder on 2" stainless stock.
- Bronze steering quadrant and wire steering system.
- Custom stainless steel autopilot tiller.
- Heavy duty rudder end stops glassed into hull.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins M92B, 86hp marine diesel engine - new 2006/7.
- New starter motor and fuel lift pump July 2020 - serviced annually.
- Hurth SW 450A Hydraulic gearbox.
- Speedseal on seawater cooling pump.
- The engine room was completely stripped out during the 2005/7 refit, repainted, sole re-gelled, new Halyard.
- Marine insulation added and relined with white painted beech wood ply for mounting equipment.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – 2030 (October 2022).
- Engine last serviced – May 2022. Fully maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions annually from initial commissioning.
Propulsion & Steering:
- New stainless steel shaft 2008.
- New Tidesmarine shaft seal with water injection 2021.
- Aquadrive (re-manufactured 2007 and factory serviced 2016).
- Refurbished and adjusted steering - new wires 40° of wheel port and starboard.
- New stern gear including 24" Max prop (2012).
- Ambassador rope cutter.
- Completely new electrical system - all wiring replaced, tinned or tri-rated throughout. Numbered cable marking and heat-sealed terminations. Mainly in conduit below cabin sole and in the engine room.
- New switchboard designed in conjunction with Switchcraft Taplin.
- New boxed DC distribution centre in the engine room.
- New boxed AC distribution centre with changeover contactor.
- IP67 junction boxes for the mast connections below the cabin sole.
- Earthing systems:
- Galvanic bonding. Hull fittings, shaft and rudder.
- AC earth.
- Instrument earth.
- Dynaplate radio/groundplate counterpoise with blocking capacitors.
- Lighting protection (mast bonded directly to keel).
- BEP Marine VSR300 voltage sensitive relay to isolate start and main 24v battery banks.
- Emergency parallel button on the cockpit engine panel.
- Maintained supply for bilge pumps.
- Spare heavy duty breakers for additional 24v electrical winch and 24v bow thruster if needed.
- Floating DC system to allow for use of commercial grade instruments.
- 220v/110AC ring main from generator and/or shorepower.
- Outlets in all cabins, saloon and galley.
- 320 Ah 24v AGM battery bank (new March 2021) Victron Energy.
- 250 Ah 12v AGM battery bank (new March 2021) Victron Energy.
- Red Flash 1100 2 for 24v (2 batteries) engine start.
- Red Flash 1100 12v generator start.
- Victron Energy battery balancer on 24v domestic bank.
- Mastervolt GI3.5 Switchmode isolation transformer for shore power 16A (protects from galvanic corrosion and reverse polarity).
- Mastervolt 24v 2kW MASS Combi with MICC on switchboard.
- Mastervolt 12v 30A MASS Charger with MICC on switchboard.
- Mastervolt Magic 24v/12v-20A DC/DC converter/charger for backup and keeping the 12v bank charged.
- Marlec 913 24v wind turbine with regulator.
- 100W Sunware solar panels 24v.
- 90Amp 12v Lucas alternator with Adverc charge controller.
- 100Amp 24v Prestolite heavy duty alternator with Adverc charge controller.
- Fischer Panda ND6000 (2005).
- New Raw water pump and capacitors 2020.
- New exhaust mixer pipe 2021.
- 2463 generator hours (August 2022).
- Serviced annually.
- Speedseal on impeller pump.
- Separ SWK 2000 pre-filter on generator.
- Mann WK731 pre-filter prior to generator fuel pump.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 24v pressurised hot and cold system.
- Jabsco variable flow flesh water pump (renewed 2020).
- Bronze skin fittings and valves - serviced annually.
- Aquafresh A600 (110L/hr).
- Freshwater rinse via a charcoal filter. This is also in-line with the freshwater footpump.
- L-port changeover valve between port and starboard tanks.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps - main sump and sail locker.
- 3 x electric bilge pumps - sail locker, main sump and lazarette.
- High water alarm sensors in sail locker, main bilge and lazarette.
- All bilge pumps powered by a maintained supply.
Grey & Black Water:
- New grey and black water tanks – TekTanks.
- Top specification Butyl rubber lined reinforced Blackwater pipes (all pipes replaced Sept 2020).
- Anti-syphon valves on both the seawater inlets and the waste outlets.
- Black water pump out fitting on side deck.
- Additional manual black water pump out with dedicated Blakes seacock in port fore-cabin.
- Black water 163L / grey water tanks 337 litres.
- Diesel tank capacity 2 x 225 litres, stainless steel.
- Complete new fuel system 2008.
- Separ SWK 2000 pre-filter on main engine with water-in-fuel sensor.
- Fuel off-takes staggered within tanks to give priority to the main engine.
- Tank drain on each tank.
- Fresh water tank capacity – 950 litres in 2 independent tanks (each can be filled by the watermaker via a changeover valve).
Navigation & Communication Equipment
- B&G H2000 Hydra Main Processor.
- B&G Gyro Processor to provide fast heading for MARPA.
- Full update on processor and FFD boards and firmware 2007.
- H2000 compass.
- Halcyon Gyro-stablised compass (available by separately).
- Sonic speed with paddlewheel backup (2007).
- B&G 213 Masthead unit (2015).
- B&G Hydro 2000 Autopilot Head and computer ACP2 24V (2007).
- B&G Type III Ram 24V drive.
- B&G Rudder reference unit on autopilot tiller.
- B&G Barometer (2011).
- B&G Zeus Touch 12” Chart table (2014).
- B&G Zeus Touch 8” cockpit (2014).
- B&G 4G Broadband Radar (2014)
- B&G ZG100 GPS and Compass (2014).
- NMEA 2000 Backbone fore and aft (2014).
- SeaMe Active Radar Transponder (2007).
- Visiball Passive Radar Reflector (2007).
- Class B AIS Transponder – Weatherdock (2014).
- Integral VHF antenna splitter.
- NMEA2000 compatible.
- AP Navigator Mk6-P GPS (1993).
- Actisense NMEA integration and TCP/IP transmission over LAN and local WiFi LAN to allow use of Laptop software and iPad navigation Apps. Full software changeover and back up together with low power consumption outside pilotage waters.
- The chart plotters use both Navico and C-map chart software.
- Furuno Weatherfax/Navtex black box Fax 30 with Fax 5 antenna – (2007).
- Furuno SSB 1550 (1993) with SCS PTC-IIusb Pactor Modem - bluetooth connectivity (2008).
- Furuno 2721 DSC VHF (new transceiver unit 2016).
- Iridium – ASE Comcenter II - Ethernet connectivity for data (2014).
- Onboard wired LAN and WiFi LAN and high power WAN transceiver.
- Mailasail Redbox (2012). (Available separately).
- Mailasail 4G Gateway (2020) – High power 4G Connectivity (Available separately).
- Antcom US Military antenna combining GPS/WiFi WAN/Iridium (2012).
- New Refrigeration (2007).
- Frigoboat BD50 Keel-cooled Fridge. Filter Dryer and Recharge 2020.
- Frigoboat BD50 Keel-cooled Fridge/Freezer. Filert Dryer and Recharge 2020.
- Gaslow gas system. Interchangeable parts for all types of Butane and Propane cannisters.
- Twin 7Kg Butane or 6Kg Propane bottles.
- Changeover switch in gas locker.
- Leak detector.
- Totally refurbished Taylors 041 Cooker (2007 & 2017).
- Dualwatch twin sensor CO/Gas Alarm.
- Panasonic 800W microwave.
- 2 x manual heads.
- Shower in each head.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 40mm Thinsulate Insulation throughout under head linings behind the side linings in the fore cabins and on all tanks. This is to reduce condensation and maintain temperature balance below in extreme climates.
- Eberspacher D5 Air Heater (2009) Serviced annually. New fan unit and glow plug 2020.
- Hella Turbo fans for cooling Accommodation.
- Refurbished, painted, and re-chromed Dorade Ventilators.
- Samsung Smart LED TV.
- Teac HiFi/DVD.
- Audica HiFi Speakers and sub-woofer.
- Apple TV (available separately).
- iPod dock.
- Blaupunkt cockpit Radio/CD player 12V. This is able to run independently on 12V without the inverter.
- Active TV/FM antenna.
- The TV and Apple TV are connected by wired ethernet to the RedBox Router for HD media playing or streaming.
- 24v surge protected LED deckhead and reading lights throughout (2014).
- Red LED lighting circuit for night sailing.
- 2 x 24V Bright Fluorescent lights in the engine room.
- Lopolight LED Masthead Anchor and Tricolour light (2013).
- 24V Signal Bow and stern Navigation lights.
- 24V High power LED Decklight.
- Fully Waterproof Fluorescent Light in Sail locker.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 5 berths in 3 cabins – 1 double berth, 2 single berths & 2 twin berths.
- 2 x Jabsco manual heads.
- Teak (matt varnish) interior finish.
- Teak veneered bulkheads with solid teak trim throughout, with blue Alcantara upholstery.
- Teak and holly sole boards.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Twin bunk room to starboard.
- Large storage locker forward.
- Opening hatches.
- Twin bunks to port.
- Hanging lockers in each cabin.
- Curtains & blinds in both cabins.
- Under bunk stowage in both cabins.
- Large saloon seating to port.
- Teak saloon folding table to allow seating for eight.
- Starboard side sofa.
- Roll out pilot berth on port side.
- Plenty of storage and cupboards.
- Navigation area with chart table to suit ½ admiralty chart to port.
- Midships port heads & shower servicing as day head and forward cabins.
- Large hanging locker for boots and Foul Weather gear etc in Main Heads.
- Linear galley to starboard in the aft companionway.
- Twin sinks.
- Separate access to fridge & freezer.
- Plenty of storage for crockery & cooking equipment.
- Access to engine room.
- Aft master cabin with double berth and en-suite heads and shower.
- Pocket spring mattress in aft cabin.
- Hanging locker and draws.
- Opening hatches.
- Seating either side of berth.
- Storage lockers either side of the centre line berth.
- Selden Mast head cutter rig.
- Fully batten main on harken cars and furling head sails.
- New Standing rigging and Bottle screws (June 2020).
- New Harken CB track to mast (2011). Refurbished June 2020.
- New single line reefing cars fitted to boom (2011).
- Boom and Gooseneck refurbished June 2020.
- New Schaeffer 3100 Furling Gear on Yankee June 2020.
- New Schaeffer 2100 Furling Gear on Staysail June 2020.
- Running rigging - Dyneema/Spectra Halyards - (various dates none older than 2005).
- New masthead sheaves (2020).
- Upgraded Lewmar deck organisers - high load alloy sheaves where required 2007 and later).
- Fully refurbished Lewmar clutches (2008 and 2020).
- All refurbished/upgraded Lewmar deck gear - upgraded to Delrin Ball races and high load alloy sheaves (2007/8).
- Redesign of Dorade Vents to prevent any water ingress (2007).
- Re-chromed Lewmar CST 62 primary winches - done by Lewmar with hard chrome (2011).
- 2 x Lewmar 62 EST primaries electric.
- 2 x Lewmar 50 ST secondaries (new 2011).
- 2 x Lewmar 44/48 ST coachroof.
- 1 x Lewmar 48 ST on mast.
- 1 x Lewmar 16 outhaul winch on aft face of mast.
- Main (fully battened) (Hood Vectran). Specified for High latitude sailing with 4 reefs (2011).
- Hood Yankee (2011). Serviced with new UV strip 2019.
- Staysail Hood (2011). Re-cut for Furling Jun 2020 with new UV Strip.
- Full symmetric spinnaker Sanders Sails (1993) with snuffer (2014).
- MPG Sanders Sails (1993) fitted with Torsion Rope luff (2019).
- Hood Cruising Chute with Top Down furler Rope (2020).
- Storm Staysail (1993) unused.
- UBI Maior RW150 endless line furler (2019). Available separately.
- All sails washed and serviced annually.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar V5 windlass (2017) with switches on the foredeck and at the pedestal.
- New anchor chain 100m (2007) turned 2020.
- CQR 75lb anchor 1993.
- Rocna anchor 33kg (available separately).
- Mantus Anchor swivel Oct 2020 (available separately).
- Fortress anchor with chain and rope rode under forecabin sole.
- Heavy duty mooring strop.
- CQR kedge anchor with 10m chain and 50m anchor plait rode.
- Stern roller for kedge.
- Anchor buddy in stowage chocks in sail locker.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Stackpack (2011).
- Sprayhood (2021).
- Cockpit enclosure and bimini (2021).
Tender & Outboard:
- Removable Simpson davits. Dedicated stowage in the sail locker.
- Dyneema falls.
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder with teak steps (deployed on starboard side). Dedicated stowage in the sail locker
- Ocean Safety ISO 9650 6 man liferaft.
- MCO Code of Practice flare pack.
- McMurdo GPS EPIRB.
- Jonbuoy Danbuoy and inflatable Horseshoe buoy with hard case, drogues and lights.
- Recovery sling.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Length at Waterline||11.66m|
|Fresh Water Tank|
2021 Solaris 44
2015 Discovery 55
1990 Ta Shing Mystic 60
2004 Sweden Yachts 42