1992 Royal Huisman 84' Custom Frers sloop METOLIUS26m
$800,000 (A$1,144,771) excl. VAT
84' Custom Frers sloop
1992 Royal Huisman 84' Custom Frers sloop
A glamour yacht that turns heads wherever she goes and with a light, bright and very practical interior. This 84' Custom Frers Sloop has been much updated and improved in this ownership and being sold in full cruising trim. She's great value.
Note: 84' Custom Frers Sloop, METOLIUS is currently on the move and will be heading to Venice for 01-09-2021. The original specification from Huisman is available on request.
- Under her first ownership, the owner and family cruised over 90,000 miles aboard – at a combined average speed of over 9 knots!
- Under her second ownership, METOLIUS cruised from Alaska to both sides of the Atlantic, throughout the Caribbean, Northern Europe and Scotland to the Mediterranean.
- In 2015, she was then passed to a sailing foundation in the USA. Based in Baltimore area - she was sailed locally in the summer periods.
- In 2018, the present owners acquired her, undertook a general overhaul and upgrade and enjoyed her summer 2019.
- Further upgrades, including full rigging replacement and mast overhaul, were completed in early summer 2020 (delayed a bit by COVID-19).
- The owner was unable to sail in 2020 due to COVID-19. Their captain, with them since purchase, stayed on through the summer.
- In spring 2021, new crew were employed for the season and the yacht was prepared and later sailed through the summer in Greece and the Adriatic.
- In September 2021, METOLIUS was in Venice and ready to continue her remarkable voyaging legacy.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull and Deck:
- Frames, stringers, girders and hull and deck plating all aluminium.
- Hull plating below waterline of 8-10mm.
- Teak laid decking.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel and spade rudder.
- Foil shape spade rudder, shaped on aluminium frames with aluminium skins and solid aluminium rudder stock.
- Twin rudder bearings are lubricated by grease fittings. Bearings replaced 2020.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Mercedes MTU 200 hp inline, six cylinder, naturally aspirated marine diesel.
- Refrigeration Engine driven system (serviced 2020).
- 220v system (check + service 2020).
- 1 x Engine jacket water cooling system.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 12,600 as of September 2021.
- W 5 overhaul by Certified MTU Technicians, USA 2019, and services since as per schedule.
- Cruising speed – approx. 10 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx. 11 knots.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx. 2,200 Nm.
- 2 x Racor 2010 series Engine filters in Duplex arrangement.
- Engine room air extractor, serviced 2019.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hundested two-piece shaft with flexible coupling.
- Hollex drip free stern seal and P bracket with water lubricated cutlass bearing. Cutlass bearing and PSS stern gland replaced in 2020.
- Hundested 3 blade 900 mm variable pitch propeller, adjusted by electric Motor.
- Hundested 35 hp hydraulic retractable bow thruster.
- Single destroyer type wheel with 1800 mm diameter linked to rudder by 1” stainless steel chain and 7 x 19 wire steering cables.
- Gear ratio of 2:5:1 and swing of 35 degrees port and starboard.
- Hydraulic clutch disengages wheel when autopilot is engaged.
- 230 V 50 Hz single-phase three-wire system powered by diesel generator or shore power.
- Two DC/AC inverters generate a continuous supply of AC power to the appliances and outlets.
- 2 x Sonnenschein AGM 12V 140 ah main engine start batteries (2013).
- 2 x Tudor Maintenance free 12V 135 ah generator start batteries (2013).
- 12 x Mastervolt MVSV 1650, 1650 ah, 2V, deep cycle gel cell service batteries (2009).
- 2 x Victron Energy Multiplus DC/AC inverters; 24V, 3000 VA, 70 AMP (2010).
- Custom Ricom battery monitoring system with panel readout and alarms.
- Emergency link switch between main engine and generator start batteries.
- Earth fault detection circuit on each battery bank.
- 2 x Victron Skylla – TG 24V 100-amp service battery chargers.
- New alternator & new stop solenoid.
- Northern Lights Lugger 20 KWH, 2005, fully serviced 2019.
- Generator hours – approx. 5520 as of September 2021.
- 1 x Generator filter.
- 220V/50 Hz or 110V/60 Hz input via shore power isolation transformer.
- Continuous hydraulic PTO generates power to supply the bow thruster, watermaker and refrigeration systems.
- Belt driven Steimel water pump for engine raw water circulation and emergency bilge pumping.
- HEM series 20 watermaker, 5,500 litres per day.
- Full check and overhaul 2020 including new membranes.
- 1 x G+R MV64. One additional rebuilt spare aboard in reserve.
- Emergency Bilge Pump.
- Steimel water pump belt driven from main engine.
Grey & Black Water:
- 2 x G+R ECO MV44 to discharge black and grey tanks. Both rebuilt in 2013.
- Rebuilt raw water pump 2020.
- A rebuilt spare pump is kept onboard.
- Holding and sump tanks cleaned 2020.
- Total capacity of 3,000 litres.
- Total capacity of 1,500 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 200 litre holding tank.
- Electrical overboard pump with thru hull isolation valve.
- Medium & high-level alarms.
- Brookes & Gatehouse Hydra 2000 system with comprehensive 20/20 layout.
- 9 x displays on deck in steering and sailing cockpits. 4 in navigation area.
- 4 x Hercules 690 multi display being one in each cabin.
- Furuno FA-150 Universal AIS transceiver with NMEA output (2005)
- 1 x Furuno NavNet Vx2 chart plotter / radar display in custom cabinet in navigation area. Mast mounted 24” closed array.
- 2 x Magnavox MX200 gps due to be replaced, by Buyer.
- Navtex Nav6 electronic display not working, due to be replaced, by Buyer.
- 2 x Simrad AP26 autopilot control heads including separate processors and control panels, for redundancy.
- Segatronic hydraulic power pack with 2 x RexRoth rams.
- Hydraulic pump will be overhauled 2020.
- B&G Super Halcyon III gyro compass.
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass, 150 mm diameter backlit steering compass in binnacle.
- New TimeZero Professional navigation software 2019, with collection of digital charts: Mediterranean, USA.
- HP PC with LCD colour monitor running Windows 8 with full NMEA input from AIS, B&G, GPS, etc. This computer also is used to access the Fleet 33 and Satcom-C data connections.
- 2 x barometers.
- 1 x electronic weather station with exterior probe.
- 1 x Schatz hermetic type with matching ship’s clock.
- Sailor Satcom C with data connection.
- Simrad R582 VHF with second cockpit handset and data connection.
- ICOM IC-M802 with removable antenna (2011).
- Inmarsat Fleet One satellite phone (2019).
- Mini Mac computer. New PC display (2019).
- PC display.
- New 2019 in sliding cupboard at chart table.
- HP HENVY 250 with wireless printing.
- RHS cold bank refrigerator and freezer system.
- Huisman modified Alpes Mariner propane stove, with solenoid shut off and gas alarm.
- Miele microwave oven.
- RHS cold bank drinks refrigeration in the adjoining area of saloon.
- Separate deep freeze forward.
- 3 x Altena Waterflash electric toilets with freshwater flush.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Heating throughout the boat is provided by four independent sources.
- A hot water circulation system delivers heat to air handlers with independent temperature control in each cabin and the saloon.
- 1 x Webasto diesel fired system.
- 1 x 220v immersion heater.
- 2 x Marine Aircon System (2005).
- 1 x Free standing units in forepeak and master cabin.
- 1 x indirect chilled water loop system in saloon.
- Furthermore, the three air conditioning units can be operated on reverse cycle delivering heat to the saloon, master cabin and forepeak.
- Air-conditioning and heating systems checked, serviced and overhauled 2020, including fan coils.
- Fusion hi-fi with speaker system in main saloon.
- Apple iTunes, airplay and Apple TV connected to this system.
- Apple TV. New LG Smart TV (2019).
- Satellite TV - Seatel TVatSea, 18” dome with Sky (UK) & DTV (USA) decoders.
- DVD player and 5.1 surround sound.
- Apple Mac mini with connection to TV and Wi-Fi.
- Wave Wi-Fi rogue antenna connected to internal Wi-Fi network with 3x Apple airport express serving salon and cabins.
- Interior lights changed to LED in 2019.
Summary of Accommodation:
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forward to port, with upper and lower single berths and ample stowage in lockers and drawers.
- En-suite head and shower compartment that is to starboard.
- Crew have their own access to deck through the fore hatch in the fo’c’sle workshop.
- The engine is on centreline, between the galley and pump room and cleverly installed below a lead sound-shielded teak engine cover that retracts electrically.
- Forward to starboard, with a double berth, ample stowage in drawers and lockers, writing desk and foldaway seat.
- En-suite head with stall shower.
Guest Stateroom 1:
- Forward of the saloon to port.
- Two good size upper and lower single berths.
- Plenty of stowage.
- Opening hatch to the mid deck.
Guest Head / Day Head:
- Aft of the stateroom and complete with a full stall shower.
- Galley has an abundance of cabinet and counter space, beautifully detailed.
- Refrigeration is a custom fabricated RHS cold bank refrigerator and freezer system, with refrigerator in the galley, drinks refrigeration in the adjoining area of the salon and a separate deep freeze forward.
- The propane stove is a Huisman modified Alpes Mariner, with solenoid shut off and gas alarm. In addition, there are deep SS sinks, custom fixtures, a Miele microwave oven and abundant storage space.
- There are clever details like sliding locker unit allowing easy access to engine space that is positioned centrally.
- Very large saloon with an open plan that enhances the sense of spaciousness.
- The teak inlaid dining table and “L” shaped settee area are to starboard, with two custom dining seats inboard. Outboard to port is a large and comfortable sofa, facing a hi/low cocktail/game table which, in the lower position, secures two custom teak stools.
- Aft in this area is another custom swivel seat.
- The main saloon is truly a comfortable family living room.
- Adjoins the saloon aft to port, with a bench seat that allows the navigator to face forward or aft. The aft area houses the electronics and communications equipment, with a workspace below.
- The radar and computer are outboard, adjacent to a two-tier bookshelf, plus valence bookshelf above.
- When facing forward, the navigator sits at a large chart table/office desk, which offers chart storage, filing cabinets and additional storage drawers inboard.
Guest Stateroom 2:
- Immediately to starboard of the companionway.
- Upper and lower single berths.
- Ample storage in drawers, cabinets and a large hanging locker.
- Outboard to port, forward of the saloon is a full pump room, where much of the engineering and mechanical equipment aboard is installed, along with the 100-litre diesel day tank.
- Behind a hatch, aft at the companionway, is a full wet locker, with access to additional machinery further aft.
- Triple spreader Rondal Hydrofurl aluminium mast and boom.
- Navtec rod standing rigging (2020).
- Hydrofurl headstay & staysail stay.
- Boom - Rondal, aluminium with integrated boom preventer.
- Rigging Hydraulics - Rondal type 90 hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster with two-function Panel serviced 2019.
- Bowsprit - removable, un-stayed 2m carbon bowsprit for Asymmetric spinnaker.
- Halyards - (Genoa, staysail, mainsail, spinnaker, main outhaul) New 2019.
- Rig measurements
- I = 31.5m.
- P = 28.8m.
- E = 9.4m.
- J = 9.1m
- Note: Mast unstepped December 2019 for full service, new rigging, overhaul and repaint. First section of main furler foil replaced 2019.
- 10 x Lewmar hydraulic deck winches, with custom DC power packs.
- Genoa - Evolution Sails Membranes sails in Carbon/Technora, New 2019.
- Staysail - Evolution Sails Membranes sails in Carbon/Technora, New 2019.
- Mainsail - North 2005 Spectra / carbon.
- Genoa 120% - North 2005 Spectra / carbon.
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker MPS - North 2005 Code 2A, Norlan 75.
- Storm Staysail - North Sails.
- Storm Jib - North Sails.
(Note: The Main is in fair condition. The 120% Genoa is below average condition as well is the MPS.)
- Custom built folding carbon passarelle with handrail and case.
- Custom Besenzoni aluminium and teak boarding ladder with submersible extension for swimming. Attaches port and starboard amidships.
- Fire/anchor wash pump - Spec BADU 40-15 seawater pump with two deck hydrants.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- CQR 180 lb Galvanized anchor on bow roller.
- 130M galvanized anchor chain.
- 1 x 100m/22mm nylon anchor rode with 10m/13mm chain.
- 2 x folding aluminium Fortress anchors.
- Steen Type 23.06 horizontal anchor windlass with chain gypsy and warping drum driven by 24V DC motor with foot switches & remote. Overhauled 2020.
- Fenders with covers (2019).
- Dock lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Aft cockpit dodger / spray hood (2019).
- Bimini and frame for aft cockpit.
- Sun Awning.
- 2 x sets of Sunbrella covers for cockpit cushions, for both steering & sailing cockpits.
- Deck Cushions.
Tender & Toys:
- Achilles SU Heavy Duty tender, with foldable aluminium floorboards, 4.25m (2019).
- Honda 20hp 4 stroke (2012), full service and overhaul (2019).
- Bauer Varius dive compressor, 220V, serviced (2019).
- New life jackets (2019).
- 2 x new 6-person life rafts (2019).
- Jon-Buoy MK4, man overboard module, serviced (2019).
- EPIRB (2019).
- Thorn FM 2000 CO2 semi-automatic fire fighting systems for engine and generator spaces – serviced 2019.
- C02 fire extinguishers in each cabin space, serviced 2019).
- BADU 40-15 seawater fire pump / deck wash with two deck outlets.
- Fire blanket in galley.
- Firefighting automatic system appliances serviced in 2019).
Works 2020 in Greece:
- Rig - Mast out, dismantle, new rod rigging, all parts checked and service as required. Paint of mast and boom.
- Machinery - Service main engine and gen set as per schedule and checks
- Tanks - Clean fuel tanks. Clean and check water tanks. Clean and check holding and sump tanks.
- Watermaker: service high pressure pump, check and service all including membranes.
- Refrigeration - check and service engine driven and 220v systems.
- Interior - Varnish and paint work throughout as required (floorboards, forepeak, companionway, shower floors, etc.).
- Underwater - Replace rudder bearings. Replace cutlass bearing. Antifouling. Renew name on stern. Topsides polish. Propeller service and apply PropSpeed.
- Deck areas - Reseal side windows. Various paint touch ups. Overhaul windlass and refurbish anchor locker.
- Ventilation - Service and clean fan coils. Check all systems and overhaul air-conditioning units, water-pumps and hoses. Service the Webasto and check exhaust piping.
Maintenance & Upgrades 2019:
- New dinghy.
- New Genoa and Staysail.
- New halyards.
- Service of vang and backstay hydraulics.
- New TV.
- New TimeZero Professional software.
- New sat phone.
- New PC display.
- New liferafts (x2).
- New lifejackets.
- New EPIRB
- Service Jonbuoy.
- New LED lighting inside.
- New sprayhood / dodger.
- New fenders and socks.
- W5 service to main engine.
- Overhaul of gen set.
- Service air compressor.
- Service fire-fighting systems.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Length at Waterline
1991 Solaris 57
La Spezia, Italy
1994 Oyster 485
2009 Oyster 82
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
2018 Knierim FC53