HULL & DECK:
- Solid fiberglass hull below waterline; fiberglass decks with balsa core.
- White hull, black boot, white bottom.
- Scoop transom for easy boarding with folding swim ladder.
- Bottom was stripped and five coats of epoxy applied, with two coats of antifouling paint.
- Double S/S lines with double S/S bow and stern rails, and S/S stanchions.
- Goiot aluminum pedestal wheel steering (new steering cables installed by Paul Giroux).
- Large cockpit with laid and caulked teak on port and starboard seats and lazarette; also, teak grate on cockpit sole.
- Fin keel with spade rudder.
- Deck anchor locker forward, holds fenders.
- 2018 new keel bolts installed - 10 out of 13.
- 2020 all new bronze thru hulls below waterline (except for refrig thru hull).
- Maxwell RC8 windlass, 2020 new foot buttons replaced.
- Aluminum toerails.
- 2018 gray Dodger by Back Channel Canvas.
- 2016 3 Goiot deck hatches with new tinted glass/Lexan.
- New Lexan companionway hatch.
- 3 opening ports.
Fuel: 40 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 50 gallons in new 2016 poly tank.
Holding: 14 gallons.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2018 Beta 38 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC.
- 2018 Gori 2 bladed 18 x 13 RH prop.
- 2018 new S/S 30 mm shaft in PSS dripless shaft seal.
- 2018 new mahogany engine beds.
- 2021 new Vetus waterlift muffler and exhaust hose.
- 2018 Twin Disc TMC 60P 2.80:1 reduction gear.
- Racor fuel filter.
- 12V DC electrical system and 120V shore power to include True Charge battery charger.
- 2019 three Group 31 AGM Lifeline house batteries with three new selector switches and one start Group 24 AGM battery.
- 120 amp Balmar alternator - Balmar multi-stage regulator.
- New Blue Seas electrical circuit breaker panel with all new 12V wiring.
- New LED lights (except for running lights).
- Xantrex Pro Smart True Charge 40 charger and Xantrex battery monitor.
- Xintex LPG sniffer and shutoff.
- 2 Rule 500 bilge pumps.
- 2 Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps.
- 2021 Buss heater, off engine.
- 2021 600w inverter.
- Water Witch bilge alarm.
- For six in a three cabin layout.
- Vee berths forward which is used for sail storage, etc, presently, as headroom is reduced.
- Next aft to port is the enclosed head, sink and electric head - all new head hoses.
- Hanging locker opposite.
- Main salon has a double berth to port (presently used like a "couch"); to starboard is a single settee (no dining table).
- Further aft to starboard is a sit-down Nav station and the L-shaped galley is to port.
- Further aft are two double quarter berth cabins.
- The owner has installed a laminate teak overhead ceiling.
- There is a varnished teak and holly sole that needs some refinishing.
- All interior lights have been changed to LED.
- There is very good ventilation through two large deck hatches.
- The galley has an Eno two burner LPG stove, double S/S sinks with salt and fresh water foot pumps, and and Isotherm 12V refrigerator.
- An Ideal family boat or comfortable layout for racing.
- Raymarine ACO400 Type 3 hydraulic linear autopilot (to be used with emergency tiller).
- Raymarine EV-400 sail Evolution autopilot.
- Edson bronze emergency tiller.
- Raymarine AIS Class B.
- Raymarine C-7 chartplotter at nav station.
- Raymarine P-70 autopilot control head at nav station.
- Raymarine I60 at nav station - knot log & depthsounder & wind instruments.
- Iridium Go Sat (wifi) communications with antenna tied into Navionics on Ipad (Ipad does not convey).
- Raymarine C-127 12" radar (slow to warm up), 4 kw high definition (48 mile).
- ICOM IC-M304 VHF.
- Raymarine windspeed & direction instruments.
- Ritchie compass; handheld West Marine VHF.
- 2 Bose speakers wired to Iphone.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 640 sq. ft. sail area.
- 65' tall mast with double speaders.
- 2018 Doyle Stack Pack with 3 reefs and 2 battens, with lazy jacks.
- 2016 Doyle 120 tri-radial genoa.
- Gray mainsail cover.
- Original staysail - hank on, on detachable inner forestay.
- 2017 new standing rigging (except for split backstays).
- Whisker pole.
- Harken roller furler on headsail.
- 2017 Dyneema 10 mm main and jib halyards.
- 8 mm Amsteel running back stays (Dyneema with blocks and tackles).
- Spartite mast wedge - mast stepped on keel.
- Extruded aluminum mast and boom.
- 2 Lewmar 40 S.T. winches; 2 Lewmar 48 S.T. winches; 2 Lewmar 24's and 2 Lewmar 30's.
- All winches rebuilt and installed backing plates on primaries.
- No spinnaker gear.
- Maxwell 12V windlass with new foot buttons.
- Rocna 45 lb anchor with 200' chain.
- Fortess 20 lb anchor with 20' chain and 100' nylon rode.
- Magma BBQ grill.
- 2016 Crewsaver 4 person liferaft (needs certification).
- Solas flares; fire extinguisher.
- Fenders, docklines, 6 life jackets, air horn.
- 1-10 lb LPG aluminum tank.
- Spotlight; jacklines.
- 2018 10' Zodiac RIB dinghy with 2009 Mercury 15 hp outboard, 2 stroke.
- PHRF Rating: 120 cruising; 111 Racing.
- C02 smoke alarms.
- Ensign and staff.
- 2 USB ports.
- 2-12V fans.
- ACR Ditch bag ($5,000) & ACR EPIRB.
- LED anchor light.
COMMENTS: CAROLINE is a 38' Beneteau First Sloop built in 1983 with a 65' tall rig, ideal for racing. Her present owner purchased her with the intention of racing in the 1-2 Race to Bermuda. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, he is unable to fulfill his dream. Please read the listing and see all of the important improvements he has made: new electric head and plumbing, holding tank and macerator, new LPG galley stove, new Dodger, all new S/S rigging, new steering cables, new electronics, new LED lights, new Dyneema running rigging, new Doyle Stackpack main, Doyle 120 headsail, new AGM batteries and much more. CAROLINE is in the water, ready to set sail. Please call for your inspection and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.