1 of 21
Northrop and Johnson (Palma)
+34 971 707 900
The 70-foot (22m) Jongert sailing yacht WHITE GARUDA has been meticulously maintained by her owner and crew living on board, ensuring she presents beautifully. This classic, traditional motor-sailor ketch was built for safety and seakeeping. Designed for world cruising in total comfort, she is easily able to sail at anytime, anywhere and is ideal for a couple who could handle her with ease.
WHITE GARUDA welcomes between six and eight guests. The owner’s stateroom is located on the port side and is fitted with an en-suite bathroom and ample storage. The yacht’s guest stateroom is located to starboard and features bunk beds for up to two guests as well as plenty of storage. The forward cabin offers an en-suite bathroom and is extremely spacious, welcoming two guests. This stateroom also has a separate entrance via the deck hatch, which makes it ideally suited for the crew, if so desired.
Sailing yacht WHITE GARUDA is one of the rare Jongerts of this size to have the social area on the lower deck aft. The interior is open plan with a large galley, a dining area with large aft windows, and a table that seats eight as well as a comfortable bar. This creates a unique and warm atmosphere in all seasons.
The round solid teak dining table can be raised or lowered hydraulically. This allows guests either to have a dining table with leather seats for eight guests or convert the space into additional sleeping quarters with a king-size bed for two extra guests; curtains are added for privacy.
The wheelhouse has a solid teak interior and is equipped with a U-shaped table and captain’s steering corner. The sailing yacht is fitted with all new upholstery and cushions.
As with every Jongert, WHITE GARUDA is solidly built and extremely seaworthy.
A true Jongert classic design, rare on the market, especially with this layout
Vessel meticulously maintained and ready for any sea conditions
Very high quality of build
Low maintenance cost
Remarkable sea worthiness, including the sails, even in bad weather
Cozy and comfortable interior
HULL & DECK
Ballast Type: Lead
Keel: Long Keel
Anchors: 1x 105lbs and 1x 75 lbs. GALVANIZED
Winches (type, make, speed, function etc):
- 2 x Lewmar 55
- 5 x Lewmar 48
- 1 x Lewmar 44
- 3 x Lewmar 42
- 2 x Lewmar 40
Windlass: Lofrans Titan - Deck and hand control (New 2015)
Deck Equipment: Gangway, Deck shower, Deck wash system, Bathing platform with ladder, Awning (including cockpit side protection), Bimini top
SPEED & RANGE
Max Speed: 9kts
Cruising Speed: 7kts
Fuel Consumption: 7 l/hr @ 7kts (1100 RPM)
Range: 2200nm @ 6kts (900 RPM)
Fresh Water: 2400l
INTERIOR & ACCOMMODATION
Master: Double berth
Twin: Twin bunks
Twin: Twin bunks. Can also be used as a crew cabin as there is possible access via a deck hatch.
Other: Convertible king size bed in Salon.
Galley/Pantry: Fridge, deep freezer, bottle cooler, microwave, stove/oven, extractor fan, dishwasher, washer/dryer machine.
ENGINES & MECHANICAL
Engines: Mercedes-Benz OM355, 186HP, 137KW, 6 cylinders in line, 1981. Hours – 6800 (August 2021)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Generators: Kohler: EFOZD, 11.5KW (new 2015). Consumption is 3 or 4 l/hr depending on the load. Hours - 500 (August 2021)
Bow Thruster: Brueninghaus hydraulics
Watermaker: Dessalator 60l/h (1150h) New high pressure pipes 2019. New low-pressure pump 2021
Air conditioning / Heating: Climma Marine 20000 BTU (2002) remote controlled. Reverse cycle – Hot & cold. (Overhauled 2016)
Boiler: Ariston double resistance 2x 1.5 Kw (New 2021)
Shore Power: 380/220V
Service batteries: 1000 amp 24V (new 2015) with battery manager MTC DCC 4000
Starting batteries: 600 amp 24V Starter batteries (new 2015).
Generator Battery: 12V 80 amp
Inverter: Mastervolt Mass Sine 24/2500 W
Transformer / Converter: Isolation Shore transformer Vicron 380/220V
Battery charger: Victron Skylla-I 24V/100A (New 2020)
ELECTRONIC & COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Autopilot: Silva autopilot. (Autopilot and hydraulic pump refit 2019)
Compass: Magnetic compass and Silva knic compass (2002)
Radar: Raymarine RL80C 48 nm (2002)
GPS / Plotter: Raymarine RL80C, with Raystar 112 GPS Antenna (2002)
NavTex: ICS Nav 4
Other: Silva (2002) Log, Echo sounder, Windspeed, Rudder angle indicator
VHF Radiotel: Simrad RS8300 + optional remote 12V battery (MCA) 2002
SSB Radiotel: Skanti 200 W TRP 7201
FIRE & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Life Rafts: 2x new Ocean Safety life rafts (new 2019) each 6pax offshore
Life Jackets: 10
Life Belts: 2
EPIRB: Mc Murdo 406 Mhz Satellite
Fire Extinguishers: CO2 and powder. MCA approved fire extinguishers manual and automatic for engine room. MCA fire alarm with managing box.
Bilge Pump: 1 electric pump Sihi 24V, main engine sea water pump, 1 hand pump.
MAST & RIGGING
Main & Mizzen Masts: Electric in mast furling Hood - Aluminium
Boom: 2 aluminium booms
Rigging: Cutter Ketch
Reefing System: Genoa Main Jib and Mizzen with furling systems
Furlers: 2 x Reckmann furlers (1 for Genoa and 1 for Jib/Stay sail)
Main: Beilken (Original but refitted few years ago)
Jib: 38m2 (New 2019)
Genoa: New genoa increased in size (110m2) in 2015 by Northsails and serviced in 2018. Old genoa available.
Gennaker: Blue White red excellent condition
Sail Area: 210m2 (Main, Mizzen, Genoa, Jib) excl. Gennaker
REFIT & IMPROVEMENTS HISTORY
· Jongert shipyard Holland (GBP 100,000)
· UK (GBP 100000)
• Dahm International Palma (GBP 55000)
• All wheelhouse windows re-chromed and re-bedded.
• All ships pumps rebuilt.
• Underwater surface sandblasted and repainted (Awlgrip)
• New cutlery and linen, towels
• Windlass rebuilt.
• New Teak decks
• Engine revision
• Masts painted and bow thrusters overhauled.
• Several other works (EUR 200,000)
• Hydraulic saloon table made as a convertible double bed.
• New carpets throughout the vessel.
• New water pressure system.
• New teak veneered control panel.
• New instruments
• New tender RIB and 25 HP Yamaha.
• Recent complete new leather upholstery in wheelhouse.
• Complete rigging check by East Coast Rigging Palma
• All cooling pumps overhauled. New exhaust manufactured
• Complete all teak of wheelhouse /cockpit and parts of deck
• Coated with 10 layers of Coelan.
· All deck teak and platform teak sanded and retreated.
· All sails washed and re-stitched by Quantum Sails Palma.
· Interior completely refurbished with new curtains, cushions.
· Service of main engine and generator
· New GenSet, Kohler EFOZD (new 2015)
· Refit of the engine room including A/C system and plumbing. All pumps and 24V electric motors serviced 2016
· New chain box (2015) Created to be removable for easy maintenance.
· Main engine serviced yearly. All pipes new 2018
· Wheelhouse has been refreshed with deep sanding and varnishing in 2015. Wheelhouse windows re-chromed and re-bedded. Upholstery new in 2019.
· Leather has been refreshed in the lower deck areas
· Hull above the rub rail, including stern platform, has been painted in 2018
· Propeller and shaft have been checked 2019
· New genoa increased in size (110m2) in 2015 from Northsails and serviced in 2018
· Boat was hauled out in Feb 2017, and will be ultra sound checked November 2019, with special attention paid to the tank area.
· 2 new life rafts Ocean Safety from 2019 (2 x 6 pax offshore)
· New windlass in 2015
· Ongoing improvements to the main cabin (2019)
· New Electrolux dishwasher in 2016
· New LG washing/drying machine in 2016
· New memory foam mattress for the master cabin
· Forward bilges painted
Autopilot and hydraulic pumps replaced 2019
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.