Brand new electronics
The C&C 40 is one of the most popular cruiser/racers ever built. She has a well deserved reputation for quality, comfort and performance. This Robert Ball design was one of C&Cs most successful models. They are well known as a fast, comfortable, capable cruising boat combining great looks and fine performance. The C&C has a timeless design and is functional. She is a great family cruiser with good speed.
Additional Specifications, Equipment and Information:
Total Power = 64 HP
Single engine, VW Pathfinder Diesel
Vessel Measurements and Details:
Builder C & C Yachts
Length Overall 39’ 7”
Length at Water Line 31’ 6”
Beam 12’ 8”
Draft 7’ 6”
Displacement 17,600 lbs.
Ballast 8,310 lbs.
Sail Area 749.13 sq. ft.Sail Area Dimensions (I) 53’ 0” (J) 16’ 7” (P) 46’ 5” (E) 13’ 4”
Steering Cable and 42” Wheel
Keel Lead Fin
Rudder Spade Type
Fuel Tank 1 – 50 Gallon Aluminum (upgrade from the Standard 20 Gallon Tank)
Water Tanks 2 – Plastic 40 Gallon Tanks (located under Seats in Main Cabin)
Hot Water Tank 1 – 6 Gallon Tank/Heater (located under Quarter Berth Bunk Area)
Holding Tank 1 – 20 Gallon Plastic
- This vessel offers sleeping for 6 people, One Head and 2 Cabins.
- Headroom is 6’ 3”
- Unique model with private aft cabin and V-Berth forward with sea bunks in main cabin.
- The interior is nicely finished in teak providing a warm and comfortable enjoyable space below decks.
- The Galley offers a 3-burner stove/oven (LPG) installed in 2015. LPG detector with auto shut off at solenoid.
- There are (two) fridge/freezer units onboard for longer cruising capability. One is a Nova Kool 12V and the other is Unique 12V/110V.
- There are manual foot pumps for both fresh and salt water in the galley, plus pressurized system.
- The interior heating is provided by a reliable pedestal style Sigma FAB ALL-180 diesel heater with a 7 Gallon day tank C/W electric feed pump and electric/hot water forced air when the engine is running. Both systems may be used underway with the diesel heater capable of working efficiently at 20 degrees heel.
- The Head is a manual Jabsco marine toilet (newly Installed in 2019). The shower is part of the basin sink operation.
- The engine is a VW Pathfinder 1.6L 64 HP, rebuilt in 2010 (Hours = 1200) since rebuild.
- Hurth HBW 250 Transmission new in 2013 (Hours = 600).
- 60 Amp alternator new in 2014. A spare is also on board.
- Propeller: Michigan Wheel 3 blade and a spare folding propeller in storage.
- New motor mounts and shaft flex coupler new in 2016.
- New fuel tank, lines and “Racor” filter installed in 2010.
- New steering cables in 2014.
Electrical and Plumbing:
- House Battery System: Pronautic 30 Amp / 3 bank charger (new 2018), ( 4 ) x 6 Volt total Amp hours = 464. System is backed by a Blue Sky solar power 2 x 150 watts and a very efficient wind power system ties into both house and start batteries for ease of charging. Never any need to plug into shore power while cruising in the summer months. System is 12V DC.
- Start Battery System: 12 Volt Group 27, 1000 cranking amps. New in 2020.
- 400 watt Air Marine generator.● Blue Seas AC/DC electrical panel (New in 2010).
- Smart Plug 30 Amp shore power connection (New in 2018).
- LED interior lighting throughout (New in 2020).
- LED running lights.
- Plastic 2 x 40 gallon plastic water tanks (New in 2014)
- Manual Bilge Pump with handle control from cockpit.
- Automatic “Rule” bilge pump located with easy access from lift up deck board under interior table.
- Pressurized water system hot and cold, c/w backup manual foot pumps in galley for fresh or salt water supply connected via Y valve control.
Instruments and Entertainment systems
- GPS Garmin 48XL with adapter for laptop navigation and location via VHF radio.
- Radar System: Raymarine Quantum HD Colour C/W advanced Doppler Processing (New in June 2019).
- Raymarine Speed/Depth/Temperature and Bidata Information (New in June 2019).
- Raymarine A22012-P ST60 Wind Instrument multi-function (New in June 2019).
- Raymarine AIS – Type B connected through Chart plotter for ease of tracking and display (New in June 2019).
- Raymarine E78 Chart plotter installed at Binnacle C/W interfacing for both color radar and AIS system. (New 2018)
- VHF Radio: Icom 324g C/W GPS and DSC functions. (New 2018).
- Hand held VHF Radio: Standard Horizon HX300.
- Kenwood SSB Offshore radio system on KISS center point and GAM split lead backstay antenna – no insulators required.
- MP3/AM/FM/CD stereo with interior and exterior speakers.
- Ships compass at binnacle.
Sails and Running Rigging – (Invested $18,000 Cdn. In 2018).
- 135% Genoa on bow forestay – New 2018 (All New Sails Made by Leech and McBride in Sidney, B.C.)
- 99% Jib on second forestay approximately 14 Inch spacing from bow fore stay - New 2014
- Mainsail C/W Lazy Jacks and zippered storage on boom – New 2018. This sail is made of heavier cloth C/W 3 reefing points to withstand higher Offshore wind conditions.
- 2.2oz cruising Asymmetrical sail professionally cut from spinnaker by Leech and McBride.
- Staysail and main storm sail were never used.
- All running rigging and halyards, sheet and reefing lines all new in 2020. Most controlled from the cockpit.
Rigging and Deck Gear
- Aluminum, double spreaders, keel stepped mast.
- Solent Rigged C/W Profurl furlers on both forestays (Great for downwind sailing – wing on wing without the mainsail raised.
- Hydraulic backstay and boom vang controlled from cockpit.
- Adjustable baby stay controlled from the cockpit.
- 42 inch wrapped wheel at helm for ease of steering.
- Winches include: 2 x Barient 32 self-tailing, 2 x Barient 32 / 3 speed, 2 x Barient 23 self-tailing on coach roof, 2 x Barient 23 self-tailing on deck at mast, 2 x Barient 22 on deck at mast.
- Self-Steering (Sail) – Hydrovane International VX2A. Very capable of steering the boat under sail in any wind conditions.
- Anchors: Primary is a Rocna 44lb. C/W 300 feet of 5/16” chain and 150 feet of 5/8 tri-braid. Secondary Anchor is a Danforth 40 lb. with 20’ of chain and 300 feet of 5/8 tri-braid.
- Windlass: Maxwell electric (2014) with control in cockpit. New electric motor in Summer 2020.
- Dodger, Bimini and full cockpit enclosure. New dodger windows in 2016.
- 7-foot soft bottom inflatable with floorboards C/W 2hp Johnson 2 stroke outboard.
- BBQ, Force 10 (propane), mounted on stern rail.
- Main propane supply for the galley is 2 x 10 lb. cylinders in aft cockpit vented storage lockers.
- All fenders and new ¾ inch docking lines.
- Custom installed 1” dia. Stainless steel to rail (replaces top lifeline)
- Lifesling mounted on top rail starboard side.
- Full professional medical kit supplied.
- Hand held wind gauge for backup.
- Navigation tools and complete set of update charts for all B.C., Washington and Oregon states.
- All required safety equipment as per Canadian Coast Guard.
- AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST: Rainman portable water maker powered by Honda generator (part of the Rainman unit). This system has a high output membrane component producing 37 gallons per hour.
- AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST: 6 Person certified offshore Viking UKL-ISO 1950-1 life raft.
- In May 2020 SeeShel II received at “Full” bottom rework to ensure no blistering, delamination or fractures were present. The boat was hauled out at Race Rocks Yacht Services in West Vancouver. All paint was removed down to the fiberglass hull, completely sanded and cleaned. The rudder was reworked and covered with three layers of fiberglass cloth to resin. The hull received full sanding with 80 grit and finished with 100 grit for a smooth finish prior to painting. Two heavy coats of “Barrier” paint (Grey) were applied prior to two coats of anti-fouling (Black) Micron CSC. Pictures are available upon request. All zincs were replaced at this time. The engine/transmission are very reliable, usually starting first time in minus temperatures. All fluid changes and belts were replaced in July 2020 with the exception of the timing belt which has 75 percent of life remaining, based on the service manual (on board) for this engine. The diesel injection system was replaced and professionally installed with a new unit in 2018. Parts imported from USA Oregon Fuel Injection.