A$22,997 tax not aplicable
Price Drop: A$2,759 (11 Oct)
1967 Twister 28
A beautiful classic British cruising yacht – Twister 28 LANGALENA has been well loved and little used. GRP hull with teak and mahogany superstructure, built in 1967. Externally she is in lovely condition and boasts a copper-coated hull.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull and deck built by Tyler.
- Hull stripped and 7 coats of West epoxy applied (2006). Moisture readings of bare hull taken and no moisture in hull.
- Coppercoat (2006).
- Topsides (original gelcoat) lightly sanded and 2 coats of epoxy primer applied followed by 2 coats of Awlgrip in Oyster white. New coving lines (2006).
- Solid teak and mahogany superstructure.
- Solid and ply teak cockpit.
- External woodwork stripped back to bare wood and veneered in 3mm solid crown cut teak, the solid sections (cockpit comings etc) were all replaced in solid teak (2006). Stripped and treated (2021). Woodskin used on all veneers and Deks Olje on cockpit seats.
Keel & Rudder:
- Long keel.
- Transom and keel hung rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar GM1 10hp diesel (2006).
- Greased shaft seal.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 26 as of August 2021.
- Engine last serviced: Owner will carry out service prior to sale.
- Currently winterised since 2019.
- Full tank of diesel.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from shorepower.
- 1 x Engine start battery.
- 1 x Service battery.
- 240v shore power cable and connection.
- Complete rewiring of the domestic and navigation wiring (2004).
- 2 x 240V outlets.
- 1 x 12v outlet.
- Electric distribution panel, original switches but new wiring.
- Pressurised cold water system to galley and heads.
- 1 x Electric automatic bilge pump.
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- Echopilot forward looking sonar with combined log and also gives a digital image of the seabed some 50m ahead (2006).
- Clipper wind instrument – Needs new masthead component (2006).
- Steering compass over the companionway.
At chart table:
- Brooks & Gatehouse Harrier log & speedometer with cockpit repeater.
- Brooks & Gatehouse Depth sounder with cockpit repeater.
- Electronic Laboratories Type RT100 VHF.
- Plastimo 2 burner cooker and grill – unused.
- Single stainless steel sink with pressured cold water tap.
- Satinless steel work surface.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Original mahogany forehatch with Perspex lid.
- Stereo speakers in saloon but no stereo.
- Light at chart table.
- Cabin lights and mini spots.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 berths, 2 in forepeak and 2 in saloon.
- Interior fit out by Upmans.
- Upholstery and foam interiors in saloon and forepeak, never slept on (2006).
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forecabin with V berth and infill to make double. Opening forehatch. Access to chain locker forward. Storage lockers and shelves around.
- Jabsco heads to starboard (unused), fold down sink with pressured cold water. Stainless steel surface under the toilet.
- Hanging locker with 2 sections and shelf.
- Saloon with 2 settee berths extending under the chart table and galley (would be possible to make into a double) New vinyl upholstery in deep wine/brown colour with new foam interiors.
- Lots of opening cupboards behind and below berths.
- Drop down dining table which stows on the forward bulkhead, solid mahogany with SS top.
- Half admiralty size chart table with chart storage.
- Standing rigging (2004).
- Mainsheet traveller with pully adjuters and new rope aft of cockpit.
- Mainsheet with new rope.
- Kicker with new rope.
- 2 x Single line in boom reefs and 3rd deep tie down reef.
- Lazy jacks.
- Lazy bag and snood.
- 2 x Self tailing Antal 30.2 2 speed genoa winches on cockpit coaming.
- 2 x 1 Speed spinnaker winches on aft quarters.
- 2 x winch handles.
- Mainsail (2004).
- Furling genoa (2004).
- Sprayhood frame but no canvas.
- Tri colour and white at masthead.
- Steaming light.
- Nav lights on the pulpit.
- Stern light.
- Spare diesel cans.
- Self draining gas locker (fitted 2006) on the aft deck, gas pipe to the cooker has never been connected.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Original Danforth anchor and 50mm of 8mm brand new chain, has never been in salt water.
- 15lb CQR and 30m of 8mm chain.
- 2 x Long warps.
- 2 x Short warps.
- 2 x Large fenders.
- 4 x Medium fenders.
- 2 x Forward mooring cleats and Samson post.
- 2 x Aft deck mooring cleats.
- 4 x Fairleads.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All over deck and cockpit cover from Samson post to aft of mainsheet traveller (need some small repairs).
- Cockpit tent.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
2018 Knierim FC53
2017 Windy 46 Chinook
Cala D’or, Spain
1967 Twister 28
2005 Baltic 66