AQUILA was designed by Christopher Seymour in close cooperation with design consultant Carl Esch, and features interior styling by the acclaimed Evan K Marshall. Part of The Worth Avenue Yachts Collection, this yacht is designed for a shipyard build of the clients choice. Seymour has produced versatile concepts to suit the tastes of his clients ranging from the traditional to the radical. This provides bold inspiration for any owner looking to stand out from the crowd. Equally focused on engineering and creativity, the concepts in Christopher Seymour Designs' portfolio mixes advanced hull forms to the latest propulsion systems.
M: +44 0 7701 063 833
AQUILA was designed by Christopher Seymour in close cooperation with design consultant Carl Esch, and features interior styling by the acclaimed Evan K Marshall. Part of our Company Collection, this yacht is designed for a shipyard build of the clients choice. Seymour has produced versatile concepts to suit the tastes of his clients ranging from the traditional to the radical. This provides bold inspiration for any owner looking to stand out from the crowd. Equally focused on engineering and creativity, the concepts in Christopher Seymour Designs' portfolio mixes advanced hull forms to the latest propulsion systems. If signed today, the project would be complete by 2022.
Interior and Accommodation
• Luxury staircase serving four decks
• Square elevator serving four decks
• Enclosed luxury wellness area with bottom-hinged beach platform and tender mooring platform to receive guests on starboard side, with direct access to other luxury area’s
• Central galley on main deck, with direct connection to pantry and main saloon
• Large pantry on owner´s & bridge deck
• Owners suite, with dressing & bathroom, and private office/library
• Large open sun deck with large bar and access stairway
• (5) Large luxurious guest cabins on main deck
• Food lifts serving four decks (on request)
• Tender garage which can be converted into a leisure area for guests with bar
• Guest cabins area on main deck Approx. 240 sqm
• Owners area on bridge deck Approx. 160 sqm
• Wellness area on lower deck Approx. 65 sqm
• Sun deck area (outside) Approx. 180 sqm
• Captain’s cabin Approx. 18 sqm
• Total living area owners and guests Approx. 1.145 sqm
• Service spaces Approx. 130 sqm
• Crew area’s (without technical areas) Approx. 345 sqm
• Guest cabins at 80% MCR on main deck Approx. 54 dB(A)
• Owners area at 80% MCR on bridge deck Approx. 47 dB(A)
• Guest and Owners area’s in harbor mode Approx. 46 dB(A)
• Main deck 2.3 m
• Bridge deck 2.3 m
• Wellness area lower deck 2.10 m
• Sun deck 2.20 m
• Stern passerelle
• Side boarding ladder on starboard with self-leveling teak steps
• (2) Vertical anchor winches with warping head
• Dedicated rescue boat storage under foredeck, accessible via hatch
• Capstans and four (4) bollards on each side at main deck
• Overhead crane beams used for launching the tender boats and wave runners on portside
• Knuckle-boom crane for launching the rescue tender
• Telescopic foremast
• Jacuzzi on sun deck with seats and sun beds
• Pool on main deck aft and (1) pool on bridge deck, both with mosaic inlay and dedicated pool tank
• Anchor mooring hatches for better crew visibility during anchoring and mooring
• A customized luxury exterior LED lighting scheme based on the exterior design
A foldable platform is incorporated in the swimming platform to enlarge the aft area.
The main propulsion plant consists of two (2) approx. 1770 kW (each) diesel engines (Caterpillar or equivalent), each coupled to a Fixed Pitch Propeller (FPP) through reduction gearbox and shaft line. Each main propulsion diesel engine is foreseen with single elastic mounting and elastic coupling to gearbox. Gearboxes will be hard elastic mount. Maximum speed is 17,0 knots.
The exhaust gases of the propulsion engines will be led underwater to the side shell, bypass for low operations will be lead to the side shell above the waterline. The exhaust gases of the diesel generators will be dry type, fitted with sea water injection, and running through the hull sides above the waterline. Dry silencers and urea-based Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) systems will be fitted on all exhaust lines to fulfill the IMO TIER Ill Rules Requirements on NOX emissions, Soot filters are foreseen on the Diesel generators exhaust lines.
Bow and Stern Thruster
Electrically driven, allowing for Dynamic Positioning (DP0).
Zero speed stabilizer non-retractable (design speed 12.5 knots).
A centralized, single duct (Variable Air Volume (VAV) in the Owner's and Guest areas) air conditioning system for interior Owner/Guest/Crew living areas with the following design conditions:
• Ext. Temp - Summer +35°
• External R.H. - 75%
• Seawater Temp - +32°C
• Internal Temp - +22°C
• Internal R.H. - 55%
• Ext. Temp - Winter -5°C
• External R.H. - (-%)
• Seawater Temp - 0°C Internal Temp - +20°C
• Internal R.H. - 50%
• (2) Hydrophore pumps
• (3) Hot-water boilers
• Hot and cold-water circulation system
• (2) Reverse-osmosis water makers with sufficient capacity
• Vacuum toilet sanitary system
• Black-water treatment
• Waste heat recovery for potable water, whirlpool heating and HVAC reheating.
Navigation and Communication Equipment
Communication according to GMDSS Area 3, Inmarsat F, Intercom, telephone installation.
• Integrated Navigation System
• Gyro and magnetic compass
• X-Band radar
• S-Band radar
• Speed log
• Echo sounder
• Wind measurement equipment
Full entertainment system with Satellite TV, audio and video on demand, internet in saloons, guest cabins and owners’ areas.
Fire Fighting, Safety and Security Equipment
A high-pressure water mist fire extinguishing system is fitted to protect the accommodation, service and machinery spaces. Automatic watertight sliding doors to divide the ship in case of hull damage with appropriate means of escape in case of emergency. An alarm and monitoring system is provided.
A non-certified helicopter landing place on bridge deck forward, suitable to support a helicopter of type EC130 or equal.
Tender and Toys
Enclosed aft ship tender store with bottom-hinged side doors suitable for:
• (2) 9.0-meter tenders
• (4) Jet skis
• Water toys