2017 Dufour 512 Grand Large
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The Dufour 512 perfectly combines the philosophy of a yacht with elegant and luxurious style as well as a marine boat with outstanding performances.
After the success of the Dufour 500 GL, produced up to 140 units, Dufour proposes a revisited version of this exceptionnal yacht, which benefits from all the innovations and features integrated in the latest Grand Large models.
While sailing, the new fixed bowsprit, helmsman console, and inclined boom are notorious advantages for easy manoeuvring. At anchor, you will enjoy the fully equipped exterior galley with barbecue, sink and fridge, as well as the wide sunbeds and lighted handrails for an unreached lifestyle approach on a yacht of the same category.
Incredible performance, easily sailed and elegant, the Dufour 512 promises intense emotions in all conditions and embodies a new dimension to sailing adventures.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 49 ft 10 in
Beam: 15 ft 9 in
LWL: 44 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 7 in
Displacement: 1189705 lbs
Dry Weight: 33609 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (190 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (132 Gallons)
- Hull: Hand-laminated in polyester/glassfibre; sides made from vacuum-bonded foam core sandwich.
- Decoration: Grey
- Gelcoat: NPG gelcoat with first mat impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis.
- Structure: Hull bottom counter-moulded, floors laminated into the hull.
- Deck: Sandwich with injected PVC foam core
- Ballast: Keel bolts bear on stainless back-plates
- Rudder: Semi-elliptical shape, filled with closed-cell epoxy foam.
- Rudder stock: Solid stainless steel.
- Non-slip deck surface: Non-slip structured deck surface
- Shroud chainplates: Chainplates on hull sides
- Safety chainplates: Safety harness chainplates in cockpit floor
- Miscellaneous chainplates: 2 backstay chainplates
- Midships mooring cleats: 2, aluminium
- Mooring cleat: 4, aluminium.
- Rubbing strips: 6 stainless, on hull sheerline
- Fuel deck fillers: 2
- Water deck fillers: 3
- Mainsheet tracks: On coachroof with adjusting car.
- Genoa tracks: 2 genoa sheet tracks, plunger-adjustable low-lead cars
- Through-deck fitting: Stainless swan-neck for electrical and electronic cables
- Deck organizers: 2 deck 4-sheave organizers for halyard, sheet, and reef line returns.
- Halyard winches: 2 halyard winches on coachroof.
- Sheet winches: 2 genoa sheet winches at helm positions
- Jamcleats: 2 rows of jamcleats port / starboard level with the companionway
- Furler line jamcleats: 1 at aft end of sidedeck
- Hatch covers: Sliding companionway hatch in Plexiglas®
- Cockpit bench seats: Teak covered.
- Helmsman’s seat: Teak covered.
- Lockers: 1 large side locker to Stbd with strut-assisted closing and fixing for padlock.
- Helm: Wheel diameter 900 mm
- Helm console: Polyester.
- Engine controls: At starboard helm position
- Compasses: 2 on columns
- Instrumentation: Port and Stbd helm positions
- Gas locker: Under port helmsman’s seat
- Stern door: Opens in centre by swinging up
- BIB locker: Under floor, Stbd helm position
- Tender locker: Under floor, port helm position
- Handrail: Stainless, on cockpit table
- Configurations: Front galley
- Worktop: ‘Corian®’ synthetic resin with wooden fiddle.
- Sink: Stainless steel bowl sink in stbd module
- Water: Hot and cold pumped water with brushed stainless single-lever mixer tap.
- Gas cooker: 3-burner gas cooker with oven and grill, on gimbals, with stainless hand rail in port module
- Crockery storage: Dowels to retain crockery when heeling.
- Refrigerators: 12 V refrigerator with stainless steel drawers
- Port module
- Storage: 5 cubby-holes to port and 4 cubby-holes to stbd, under floor.
- 220 V microwave oven: In stbd hull cubby-hole (option)
- Pump: Sea-water pump built-in under floor to stbd
- Waste bin: Sort compartments
Rigging and Sails
- Mast: Anodized aluminium with 2 levels of swept spreaders
- Rigging: 9/10 fractional
- Mast stepping: On deck
- Lights: Anchor and steaming lights.
- Topping lift: Boom topping lift cleats.
- Boom: Anodized aluminium fitted with 2 continuous reefers.
- Roller-furler: Genoa roller furler.
- Standing rigging: Continuous in stainless single-strand cable, chrome-plated bronze rigging screws, comprising: forestay, backstay bridle with twin rigging screws, inter and lower shrouds.
- Backstay: double
- Running rigging: “Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa sheets, 2 continuous reef lines, leech tensioner, 2 mainsheet car adjustments, furling line, downhaul tackle.
- Mainsail: 2 wide reef strips, with battens and bag.
- Genoa: Furling genoa with UV-protection.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.