2011 McConaghy Reichel/Pugh 52 Custom
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 495,000 Tax Not Paid (A$ 687,691)
This Reichel/Pugh 52 Custom is a unique yacht - she has twin rudders and wheels, making her easy to sail inshore and for coastal racing. The majority of her controls are hydraulically powered allowing her to be sailed more effectively.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
CAPE FLING II
Builder: McConaghy Boats
LOA: 52 ft 8 in
Beam: 15 ft 0 in
LWL: 16 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 10 ft 8 in
Displacement: 7524 kgs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH5E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Pre-preg carbon sandwich construction throughout.
Keel & Rudder:
- Twin carbon rudders.
- Solid steel keel fin and bulb.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar type 4JH5E diesel engine.
- Engine spares; Racor primary filter, fuel filter, oil filter, alternator belt, hose clamps, hose joiners, clear hose.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Fully serviced since new according to manufacturer’s schedule.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin wheel steering.
- Retractable propeller.
- 2 x 100aH house batteries (replaced in November 2019).
- 1 x 50aH start battery.
- 12v standard alternator – 40AH.
- Volt meter.
- Crimping tool.
- Charts (Table Bay and Saldanha Bay).
- The navigator has a ToughPad deck screen but that should be replaced.
December 2019 Electronics Upgrade:
- New AnT 20/30 mast displays X 6 (plus an additional spare).
- New AnT GFDs x 4 (plus an additional spare).
- New AnT Processor. The processor is called an ATP1.
- New string pot for forestay rake measurement.
- New mast wand cable 2018 (plus spare).
- New Halcyon compass 2018/2019 season.
- New BnG FG100 compass for 2018/2019 season.
- Additional FG 100 compass install for the 2019/2020 season.
- New Dell boat laptop with expedition.
- The electronic upgrade alone was a £10,000 plus exercise…
- All rigging components were inspected professionally for the 2019/2020 season.
- Hall Spars rig with EC6 and a Southern Spars boom.
- V and D hangers NTD tested along with the forestay tang in 2017. 2018 and 2019.
- The forestay tang was replaced after the testing.
- The rig has the following halyards and locks; Internal Main halyard lock, 2 x Internal MH Locks, 1 x Internal Frac Lock, 1 x external job lock, GS Halyard (No lock).
- Gorilla Foil, Oct 2017.
- Floating spinlock jammer.
- Code 0 turning blocks.
- Furling line bungee and snatch block.
- Splicing kit; pullers, twine, needles, knives, scissors, splicing fid, dyneema, bungee, spare lock strop.
- Port Masthead, (New 2020 and spare from 2019); Lock strop new 2020 and new Tylaska.
- Starboard Masthead, (New 2020 and spare from 2019); Lock strop new 2020 and new Tylaska.
- Jib Halyard, New 2018.
- Fractional Halyard, New 2018.
- GS Halyard, New 2019.
- Main Halyard, New 2019; Lock strop new 2020.
- Spinnaker Sheets, 2 new sets for 2018/2019 season.
- Code 0 Sheets, 1 new set for 2018/2019 season.
- Jib Sheets, 4 new sets for the 2018/2019 season.
- Staysail Sheets, Old.
- GS Sheet – Old.
- Mainsheet, New 2019 season.
- Tacklines, New 2019 season.
- Runner Tails, New set 2020 and 2019 set as spare.
- Additional runner tail onboard racing spare.
- Winches were given an overhaul for the 2018/2019 season. Replaced all the necessary parts to maintain them at their optimum.
- All Harken.
- 1 x Pit – 65.3 STR Carbon top.
- 1 x Pit – 50.2 STR Carbon top (Left handed).
- 2 x Runner – 65.2 STR Carbon top.
- 2 x Primary – 65.3 TCR.
- 1 x Mainsheet – 65.3 STR Carbon top.
- Extensive spares kit after winch overhaul.
- 3 x Lewmar winch handles.
- The hydraulics were serviced Oct/Nov 2017 by a local company called Hyflo. All hydraulic rams and motors serviced in 2019.
- The system is designed by Greg Waters from Central Coast Hydraulics system.
- The majority of the yacht and sailing functions are all Hydraulic.
- The Hydraulics are powered off the main engine with a PLC system to control engine RPMs while sailing and utilising the Hydraulics.
- The yacht has a lifting prop systems that is synced with the PLC to not enable cross functioning of throttle and hydraulics at the same time.
- The yacht also has a drop wheel system for dropping the spinnakers.
- The drop wheel is powered off the Hydraulic motor for the pit winch.
- Yacht able to drop an A4 in 2.5-3.5 seconds with the system.
- All the winches (except the small pit winch) are now hydraulic. Added a new manifold to power the runner winches.
- All sailing functions except the main and jib Cunningham are hydraulic.
- Replaced pit winch/spinnaker drop wheel motor for 2019/2020 season (system works perfectly!).
- 3 x Mainsails (race main – Nov. 2016) – no reefs.
- 1 x J1.
- 1 x J2.
- 2 x J3 (Latest Nov. 2017).
- 1 x J4.
- 1 x J5.
- A2-F (Nov. 2017).
- A3-B (Jan. 2017).
- SS (Nov. 2016).
- GS (Nov. 2016).
- A2 – G (December 2019). Only used on 1 race day.
- A4 – F (December 2019).
- J1 – December 2019. Panelled sail for under 8 knots.
- J2 – 3Di (December 2018).
- Mainsail 3Di – December 2018.
- Fractional Zero 3Di - December 2018.
- 1 x Sail repair kit.
- 2 x Buckets.
- Tool box with assorted tools.
- Dive gear; fins, masks and snorkel.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Anchor ball.
- Fortress anchor (5m chain and warp).
- 1 x First aid kit.
- Grab bag; 2 x survival blankets, 2 x rocket flares, flash light (spare bulb and batteries), spare VHF, emergency navigation lights and fog horn.
- Radar reflector.
- Horse shoe life ring.
- Jon buoy.
- 2 x Mounted fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.