With only 550 hours, Primo Dan is a spectacular family yacht capable of rough open water cruising in comfort, style, and safety. She was personally designed by her owners Daniela and Sandro with no detail spared. With their years of sailing experience, they were part of the build, visiting Shipyard Abati in Rosignano Tuscany Italy every other weekend throughout the process, updating and approving the project step by step.
She boasts 4 luxurious en suite, tall cabins, with plenty of room for the entire family and friends, including a walk in closet in the master. The Woman designed kitchen makes her very functional, yet elegant as well. All systems and furnishings were chosen by Daniela and Sandro, from safety and navigation gear, to teak interior and exterior touches, to propulsion and functionality.
My husband has been very involved in sailing since he was a teenager, and took first place in the European Regatta championship in 1994. His three children showed very little interest in sailing, or in the regatta, so we made the choice to switch to a motor Yacht so the entire family would enjoy the sailing experience, as he has growing up. We chose the Shipyard Abati Yacht and traveled to Rosignano Tuscany Italy, every other weekend to follow the fully custom construction of Primo Dan. She was built with all our love and care, to be our love nest at Sea.
Once complete, we sailed the Mediterranean Sea, from Genova to Portofino, Cinque Terre, La Spezia and West to Saint Tropez. She is a very dry boat, with very little roll, even in rough seas.
Our children are now living their own lives, and show little interested in spending time at sea. I have since had serious eye surgery, and can no longer safely assist Sandro with our sailing adventures with the enjoyment we once shared. We have made the tough decision to sell our beloved Primo Dan, passing it on to a family who can enjoy her, and all the happiness she has to offer. This is our wish, to find people who will fall in love with her, and make amazing memories of a lifetime with friends and family.
Daniela & Sandro
Located in Genova Italy
• This yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC
(Recreational Craft Directive) – Cat. A.
• GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
• Green gelcoat topsides and superstructure finish
• Teak laid cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
• Twin Man R6 800 hp 6-cylinder in-line diesel engines turbocharged
with inter cooler producing 800hp @ 2700 rpm each (1600hp combined)
• Freshwater cooling system via raw water intake and heat exchangers
• Electronic throttle and engine control systems
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 590 as of July 2019
• Date of last engine service – July 2019.
• Cruising speed 26 knots
• Max speed 32 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
• V Drive line shaft
• 24vDC bow thruster
• Fully hydraulic power-assisted steering system
• Volvo Penta Interceptor Boat Trim System (B.T.S.)
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS: Voltage systems:
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 24v AC via
shore power or generator.
• 10x 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24vDC -
• 2x 12vDc Engines and generator start batteries – 2018
• Dedicated battery bank for windlass, Volvo Penta B.T.S. and Sanguinetti
Charging / Inverter:
• ABER Automatic battery charger Generator:
• Fisher Panda 15000i-230V PMS 12kw 50Hz 220vAC diesel generator
• 2x 120 Ah engine mounted alternator Other Electrical:
• 220vAC shore power system
• Water is pressurized by 12vDC high-pressure pump system
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurized water supply throughout
• Hot water boiler tank via engine-driven calorific or via 220v immersion
• 12vDC electric bilge pump with alarm in the cockpit
• 2x Manual bilge pumps (engine room and cabin)
• 3000 litres fuel tank capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks Fresh Water:
• 647 litres water tank capacity Holding Tanks:
• Gray water tank
• Black water tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT:
• 2x Simrad NSE 8 chartplotter multi-function display
• 1x IS20 Simrad wind instrument display
• Simrad autopilot
• 2x engine monitor display
• Steering compass Communications Equipment:
• Simrad RS-82 VHF with DSC
• 4-burner 220vAC Bosch electric hob
• Miele hoven
• Sink with hot & cold water supply
• Front opening 130 litres fridge + 65 litres freezer
• AEG washing machine with dryer
• Fridge in the saloon
• Electric vacuum flush freshwater heads in all heads
• Sinks and showers with hot & cold water supply
HEATING AND A/C:
• Condaria 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system with outlets and
controls throughout interior
• LCD TV in master cabin hidden behind the mirror
• LCD TV in the VIP portside cabin hidden behind the cabin
• LCD TV in the aft cabin
• Blueray DVD player ONKYO Home theater
• TV antenna with twin decoder
• Alpine stereo system in each cabin plus foldable stereo system in the saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
• Master cabin forward with island double berth.
• Ensite heads.
• Two VIP guests cabins with inside heads
• Saloon with U-shaped settee aft to port.
• Galley opposite aft downstairs with access aft to port from the saloon.
• Crew cabin with two bunk beds and washing machine.
• Sunbathing area with cushion on the coach roof.
• Tender garage for a 2.80 m tender with 3 person max capacity, 8HP outboard
2 lift rafts, 6 persons each
• Besenzoni hydraulic foldable davit in the tender garage
• Bathing platform with teak
• Shore water supply
• Electro-hydraulic passarelle
ANCHORING AND MOORING:
• Lofrans 2000 24vDC reversing windlass with remote control
• Bruce anchor with chain
• Warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions and sun-pads for foredeck
• Canvas aft cockpit tent - 2019
• Canvas sun covers for windscreen, side windows and aft bimini tent clear