With the Sophie 63' catamaran motor yacht, life on the ocean waves is an exercise in stylish living.
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Elegant, comfortable, light, but above all spacious! The Sophie 63' offers a much bigger surface area and more generous proportions than a classic motor yacht. Space for living life to the fullest, both indoors and out. The total living area of 145m2 includes a magnificant owner's suite with bedroom, den, bathroom, and a 180° view of the sea, spacious guest cabins with their own shower rooms, and extensive storage space. The convertible rear deck has an integral bimini on rollers, and another appreciable feature is the removable dip pool platform.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 62 ft 6 in
Beam: 29 ft 0 in
LWL: 58 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 9 in
Dry Weight: 77200 lbs
Engine Option 1: 2x CAT 450 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (1850 Gallons)
Living areas are conceived with a particular regard to the quality of living and safety. Designed the highest standards for ventilation and air conditioning with attention to acoustic and thermal insulation. From this attention results a healthy pleasant interior, worthy of a villa. Each stateroom is equipped with network audio/video connections. The sole is wood.
The electrical system is designed for flexibility, both home and abroad. ?No more rewiring the vessel to go across the pond.? The AC electrical system is designed for either US or European use. We have purposely designed the AC electrical system so that the vessel may operate from available shore power around the world. This is accomplished by using a split bus electrical system. One bus supplies a universal air conditioning system and the other bus operates systems that have been selected for use on universal power - 240/60 or 230/50 (V/Hz). Then, all critical frequency (Hz) systems operating from inverter power. So, US appliances will not be affected by European shore power and European appliances will not be affected by US shore power.
All electrical systems are installed to the following standards:
- US Vessels: American Boat & Yacht Council Standards
- European Vessels: 94/25/EC Boat Directive: ISO Standards
- 24 VDC house battery bank
- 24 VDC navigation/emergency battery bank
- Generator(s) AC
- Engine alternators DC
- Dual shore power cords (AC)
- U-shape galley to starboard upper main deck with large work surfaces, under-mount stainless steel sink, ample drawers and lockers with overhead storage lockers.
- Microwave oven
- Electric cooking plates with cooker hood
- Trash compactor
- Waste disposal
- Fridge ~ 225 L
- Day freezer ~ 100 L
- Storage freezer ~ 200 L
- Ice maker
- All are AC appliances operated on inverter system.
- High capacity pump in each engine room, automatic float switch with auto/manual operation and high water alarm.
- All other compartments with pumps with automatic/manual switches and high water alarms.
- Fixed fire fighting system in each engine room with automatic and manual release system. Arranged with automatic engine and ventilation stops.
- Alarms located at both steering stations
- Six portable fire extinguishers located in the living areas
Engine rooms (one on each side)
- Access from aft laundry/crew areas through watertight doors with full standing headroom
- Good accessibility and easy monitoring of all of the machinery
- Mechanical ventilation to supply the motor with air and minimize temperature
- Easy access to all fluid circuit controls
- Storage for tools and engine spares
- Efficient sound proof insulation
- Twin engines with propulsion
- One primary generator
- Secondary generator (optional)
- Starting batteries
- Battery chargers
- Main AC & DC switchboard
- Dual black water grinding pump holding tank in each hull
- Automatic bilge pumps
- Wash down and fire pump system
- Hot water heaters in each hull
- Reverse cycle chilled water conditioning system (optional)
- Water maker (optional)
- Diving compressor (optional)
Engines / propulsion
- 450 hp Caterpillar 3196 engine,
- 1015 hp Caterpillar C18 (optional)
- ZF marine gears, flanged to engine
- Wet exhaust with under-waterline bypass
- Aqualloy 22 propeller shafts
- Flex coupling and dripless shaft seal
- Fixed pitch propellers
- Full teak main deck
- Teak on fly bridge (optional)
- Aft lifting swimming platform (optional)
- Eight mooring cleats and fairleads
- Integration of life rafts in the aft beam
- Fuel and water filling caps with vents
- Black water deck discharge caps
- Dual shore power inlets, telephone and TV
- Aft beam removable davit for rear anchor
- Fresh water shower aft (hot/cold)
- One swimming ladder in the transom
- Access stairs to dual transom platforms
- One flybridge access staircase to port side
- Two hatches to aft lazarette/crew cabin
- Access to salon by weather tight sliding door
- Two lateral sofas with cushions and integrated lockable storage (icebox to port)
- Two expandable coffee tables and 4 seats
- Security rail aft
- One gangway aft below deck.
- Integral aft deck enclosure & AC (optional)
- Stern hydraulic lifting platform (optional)
- Full walk-around access
- Side doors access from pilothouse
- Two sunbathing beds with cushions on sides
- Integral security railing
- One compass
- One chronometer & barometer set
- One flybridge remote control auto-pilot
- Two VHF radio with intercom.
- One network GPS/echo sounder/radar/chart plotter
- One Inmarsat Fleet 33 (optional)
- Hulls: lights weight cored composites with glass/vinylester skins with reinforced laminates in high loaded areas.
- Bottom hulls: monolithic glass/Kevlar + vinylester laminate.
- Structural bulkheads: sandwich of foam core and unidirectional glass/vinylester skins.
- Watertight collision bulkheads at forepeak
- Bridge deck and deck: sandwich of light density Balsa core and glass/vinylester skins
- One access staircase from cockpit
- One helm station with a double seat
- One forward side sofas with cushions and integrated storage
- One centred outdoor bar fitted with sink, refrigerator/icemaker and three height
- Barbecue and sink area to aft port
- Relaxing area : one dining foldable table and five chairs that converts to a wide sunbathing bed with cushions
- One foldable canvas bimini (optional)
Anchoring and Mooring System
- Main mooring line : 60 kg anchor + 130 m of 14 mm chain
- Secondary mooring line: 40 kg anchor + 80m of 12 mm chain
- Dual gypsy windlass with capstan fitted in forward deck locker, with up/down command and chain counter
- 2 mooring fairleads with rollers forward
- One pressurized chain wash system
- One foldable aluminium anchor
- 2 electric capstans on aft deck (optional)
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.