2008 Custom GP42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 199,950 Tax Paid (A$ 324,606)
Extremely competitive GP42 - IRC and ORC contender. Full inventories for both rules and has had extensive refits over the past two years. The owner is a very keen seller and has now asked for all offers to be put forward.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Decision, Switzerland
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 39 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 4098 kgs
Ballast: 2068 kgs
Total Power: 14 HP
Engine Brand: Lombardini
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 14 HP
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Carbon Fibre and Nomex construction.
- Built by Decision in Switzerland in a two piece mould joined on the centerline. This gives more structural rigidity but without excess weight on the hull to deck join.
- Below waterline re-faired and refinished by Liquid Marine in 2017.
- Various factory supplied mouldings, galley, plumbing and other bits removed for racing. Simple to refit for offshore requirements.
- Custom offshore waterproof hatch in bow.
- Full deck repaint in 2016.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel fin Mk 2 solid steel machined fin with composite and trailing edge fairings.
- Keel was extended by Iron Brothers at the start of last season (2017) to its current draft, and the bulb was/is unchanged.
- Rudder is light weight pre preg carbon modified design.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Lombardini 14hp engine. Fully serviced every year. 2123 engine hours.
- Lombardini saildrive, replaced in 2016 refit
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori racing folding prop. Replaced in 2016.
- Full house rewire in 2017.
- 2 x AGM house batteries and 1 x engine start.
- Victron 38 AH start battery and 165 AH House batteries replaced in 2016.
- CTEK M100 removable battery charger and alternator on main engine.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- All plumbing removed to reduce weight. Carbon moulded sink still on board, with minimal weight.
- Custom bilge pump installation, 5 pumps.
- Lightweight fuel tank under cockpit floor.
- Fuel filling system removed to reduce weight.
- B&G H 3000 WTP systems with 2 cockpit GFD, 5 20/20 on mast; reconditioned by Tindley (2017).
- On deck WIFI.
- Laptop under deck with custom bracket. Connected to WiFi.
- Expedition and Deckman systems installed.
Note: Please note there is no deck screen with the yacht.
- Spare masthead wand.
- Endoscope in hull.
- LED strip lights in interior in bow and nav area.
- 2008 Southern Spars, High Modulus, grand prix mast and boom. Mast repainted in 2016.
- Southern Spars Boom replaced in 2016
- Rig configuration: 2 Spreader Sets. Southern Spars Fractional Halyard.
- PBO Running Backstays.
- Harken Carbon Racing Foil.
- Max working forestay load 4000kg.
- Under Deck Spinnaker sheet reelers in carbon.
- Under deck KZ Furler for the Staysail.
- Underdeck spinnaker take down system.
- Standing rigging still original, checked and replaced where necessary in 2017.
- Running rigging all replaced in 2017 with Maffioli. Many spares.
- Loadcell on the forestay pin.
- 2 x Bowsprit:
- Autoclaved carbon fibre bowsprit build by Premiere Composites with 3d printed titanium pignose set up and rod bobstay. (IRC Setup) – Currently on boat.
- Autoclaved carbon fibre bowsprit build by Decision. (ORC setup and slightly shorter. Separate spinnakers for both bowsprits)
- Both sprits run 2-1 tackline for Code Zero.
- Custom Harken winch and pedestal system. All fully serviced in 2017.
- 2x Harken primary winch – 65.3.
- 2x Harken mainsheet winch – 45.2.
- 2x Harken pit winch – 45.2.
- 2x Harken runner winch – 45.2.
- 2x Harken – pedestal system including custom take down system via primary winches.
- Spinnaker Take down system via primary winches.
- Mainsail #1, Uk Sails, 2014.
- Mainsail #2, Uk Sails, 2016.
- Mainsail #3, North Sails, 2013.
- Heavy Jib, North Sails, 2017.
- Light Jib #1, Uk Sails, 2016.
- Medium #1, Uk Sails, 2016.
- Light Jib #2, Uk Sails, 2015.
- Stay Sail, Uk Sails, 2015.
- Light/Medium, Uk Sails, 2014.
- Medium/Heavy, Uk Sails, 2014.
- Medium #2, North Sails, 2013.
- Heavy #2, North Sails, 2013.
- A1, Uk Sails – short pole (ORC), 2015.
- A1.5, Uk Sails – short pole (ORC), 2015.
- A2, Uk Sails – short pole (ORC), 2015.
- A1.5, North Sails – short pole (ORC), 2012.
- A1, North Sails – short pole (ORC), 2011.
- A2, North Sails – short pole (ORC), 2011.
- A1.5, North Sails – long pole (IRC), 2017.
- A2, North Sails – long pole (IRC), 2017.
- A4, North Sails – long pole (IRC), 2017.
- Mast Head Code 0, Uk Sails – works on both poles, 2014.
- Fractional Code 0, North Sails – works on both poles, 2017.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- All mooring equipment including custom pad fenders included in the sale.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All equipment for inshore and coastal racing included.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.