2008 Archambault A35
- View Full Specifications
Completely IRC Optomised
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Roompot, Netherlands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 92,500 Tax Not Paid (A$ 144,768)
The A35 by Archambault has been one of the most successful IRC boats in recent times. Ideal for IRC, potent on the course or offshore.
This is a great opportunity to buy a very well prepared, dry sailed A35. New sails & ready to win.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 34.74 m
Beam: 11.65 m
Maximum Draft: 6.89 m
Displacement: 9811 kgs
Ballast: 4387 kgs
Engine Brand: Nanni
Engine Model: SD21
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Cruising Speed: 6 kph
Maximum Speed: 8 kph
Fresh Water Tanks: (22 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: (11 Litres)
General / Construction
Built in 2008 by Archambault, Fools Gold is an A35 from a stable of very successful yachts including winning the Commodores Cup boat of the event on two occasions and a raft of 1st in Europe's most prestigious regattas.
The A35 boats one of the most competitive IRC handicaps and is further more rewarding and a joy to sail.
"Fools Gold is owned by a naval architect who worked for Archambault during the development of the design, the result is that Fools Gold has the lowest handicap of any A35.
DRY Sailed her whole life and maintained by a professional owner. This is a refined boat and highly optimised for IRC racing at the highest level. See the results section.
- Optimised IRC rating - 1.019.
- Lead keel. Race faired winter 2017.
- White GRP deck, sandwich resin transfer moulding.
- Balanced rudder with stainless steel stock and self aligning bearings.
- Interior wood work is in Moabi Mahogany.
- White vinyl lined deck heads.
- Grey Micro Fibre washable upholstery.
Forward cabin -
Large double berth, Lewmar round deck hatch, Spot lights for cabin illumination
Port/stbd settee berths with a central drop leaf table there are 2 fixed coach roof port lights giving natural light and 2 spotlights.
The galley has a 2 burner gimbled stove, a stainless steel sink with pressurised cold water,a 60l moulded icebox and a large open locker for stowage.
Aft Cabin -
Situated on the port side with an entry door has a large double berth an opening port light and a spotlight.
The heads compartment has a marine toilet with holding tank,polyester sink with pressurised cold water,an opening portlight for ventilation.
Spars / Rigging
Keel stepped 9/10 rig tapered anodised aluminium mast and boom with double aft swept spreaders.
- NEW Soromap mast & Spreaders.
- NEW Dyform Rigging 2015.
- NEW Tuff-Luff 2015.
- NEW performance halyards 2015.
- NEW Jib sheets 2015.
- Rod Kicker.
- Adjustable Mast Base.
- Jib outhauler system fitted for two sail reaching..
- Carbon Spinnaker pole.
- Fixed bow prodder for 'A' sails. Optimised for IRC
Number One Sails by McWilliam loft - Millennium Carbon & others
- NEW Main sails (June 2017), 4 regatta's old.
- New J1 (June 2017), 4 regatta's old.
- New J2 (June 2017), 4 regatta's old.
- New J3 (July 2018), never used.
- S1 Running Spinnaker, 0.5 in good condition
- New S2 (July 2018) used for 4 days
- A3 in good condition.
- Many other older sails for local club racing and delivery sails.
Stainless steel pullpit, pushpits and supported stanchion posts with an open stern, all secured by stainless steel guard wires.
Large cockpit stowage locker and gas bottle stowage.
The deck is exceptionally well laid out with all control lines lead aft to coachroof clutch bank. The cockpit is very large and laid out for easy crewing.
- 4 aluminium mooring cleats.
- Various warps and fenders.
- Anchor and Chain.
- Winch Handles.
- Rope Bags.
- 2 Lewmar 48ast primary winches.
- 2 Lewmar 40ast halyard winches.
- 2 Lewmar 40 ast mainsheet winches.
- Full width adjustable main track.
- 2 rope adjustable genoa tracks.
- 6 Spinlock halyard clutches.
- Carbon Tiller with Spinlock extension.
- Full B & G H 3000 instruments.
- 2008 B&G H3000 CPU
- 2010 B&G H3000 GFD x 3 (2 fitted 1 spare)
- 2015 B&G mast mounted 20/20.
- 2018 Sail Racer Ink pad (new, not fitted)
- 2017 Sail Racer data Linker, blue tooth transmitter.
- 2008 Garmin GPS.
- 2018 Icom DSC VHF.
- Hawk Windex.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- First Aid Kit.
- Flare Pack.
- Horseshoe Life Belt with cradle.
- 4 Man Life Raft with cradle. Needs servicing.
Mechanical / Electrical
Nanni diesel 3.21,SD10 21 inboard engine with sail drive to a 2 bladed folding propeller. The engine is recessed under the yachts companion way.
- Engine hours approx.
- 30 litre plastic fuel tank,
- 12v electrical system.
- 2 x 70AH batteries.
- 12 volt ships distribution panel with 12 switches.
- 1st Spring League KYC with 8 first places out of 8 races.
- 1st Scottish Series and winner of boat of the week.
- 2nd Sovereign's Cup.
- 2nd IRC Irish nationals.
- 1st Autumn League RCYC with 8 first places out of 8 races and winner of boat of the event.
- 1st South Coast Offshore Racing Assiciation (SCORA).
- 1st Spring League KYC with 6 first places out of 8 races.
- 2nd Cork Week.
- 2nd IRC European Championships.
- 1st IRC Welsh National.
- 1st South Coast Offshore Racing Association (SCORA).
- 2nd Scottish Series.
- 3rd IRC Irish Nationals.
- 1st Sovereign's Cup with 6 first places out of 6 races and winner of boat of the week.
- 2nd IRC Irish Nationals.
- 1st IRC Welsh Nationals and winner of boat of the event.
- 1st IRC Abersoch keelboat week and winner of boat of the week.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.