Extensively upgraded and updated example of the blisteringly fast and easy-to-sail Luca Brenta designed B38 daysailor. Huge spec and 100% ready to go.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Originating from the legendary Milan based Luca Brenta Yacht Design House, the US-flagged SCHEGGIA was launched in 2005 and is hull No.9 of this popular performance daysailer line.
The Brenta B38 was designed to provide easily handled and stylish boat with minimum maintenance and maximum performance.
SCHEGGIA has been extensively updated by her current owner and wintered ashore under cover each year with full annual maintenance as required. Her specification highlights include:
- Composite carbon fibre white coloured hull.
- Teak decks with white caulking – replaced 2016
- Harken electric winches x2.
- Carbon Hall mast.
- Carbon Park Avenue boom with lazyjacks and 2 single-line reefs
- Single line reefing system added with reef lines led aft to cockpit - 2016
- Cariboni Power pack for the mainsail sheet, vang, traveller and jib trim – overhauled 2017
- Pushbutton sail controls at both steering pedestals for the Cariboni power pack.
- Rod standing rigging- replaced 2018
- Twin composite wood-rimmed steering wheels.
- Volvo D1-20 19 hp diesel engine
- Saildrive gearbox with Gori 2-blade folding propeller.
- Quantum Sails carbon laminate mainsail and genoa – 2016
- Quantum Sails Code 0 and 2x gennakers - 2017
- Upgraded Raymarine electronics with 2x 9” plotters, AIS and autopilot – 2016
- Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
- Raymarine mast displays (x3) - 2016
- Mastervolt battery charger/inverter
- Service and engine batteries – recently replaced and upgraded
- Fusion Bluetooth-enabled sound system (2016) with Sony cockpit and cabin speakers.
- Galley area with a sink and refrigerator (not presently used)
- Manual flush heads (not presently used).
Ideal for local club racing (Rating – PHRF 42.0), SCHEGGIA is also CE-certified, so can be used on either side of the Atlantic. Now offered as her owner has bought larger, SCHEGGIA is seriously for sale and well-priced to attract a quick and simple sale.
The first outcome of this research into short-handed, generous cockpit, high performances and stylish yacht has been the B38. Great attention to the sailors and their search of emotions….and even greater attention to guests comfort while at sea. A clean hull shape, push button controls at steering pedestal, seating space both in the aft cockpit and forward sofa. The boat is built in carbon, with carbon rig, 65% ballast/displacement ratio, no backstay and large roach mainsail area.
- We understand that the vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised B or C.
- Composite carbon hull over Corecell foam of various densities with epoxy resin infusion
- White painted topsides
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The deck and cabin superstructure are created using the same process as for the hull.
- Teak with white caulking to the cockpit sole, side decks and foredeck – replaced 2016
Keel & Rudder:
- Balanced spade rudder constructed of carbon.
- Stainless-steel rudder stock with JP3 self-aligning bearings
- The keel comprises; a cast iron blade with a lead ‘T’ bulb with metallic internal structures
- High strength steel keel bolts with internal backing plating.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta MD2020D 3-cylinder 19hp diesel engine.
- Freshwater cooled exhaust manifold and seawater cooled exhaust elbow.
- Racor R20T fuel/water seperator
- Spinlock single lever engine throttle control - 2015
- Instrument panel replaced - 2018
- Saildrive gearbox.
Engine hours & Maintenance:
- Engine hours: approximately 900 hours as of January 2019
- Engine last serviced: Winter 2018/19
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori 2-bladed folding propeller.
- 2x composite spoked steering wheels with laminated wood rims.
- 2x custom designed pedestals made from composite with a control panel each.
- Steering quadrant with pulleys and Spectra lines
- Emergency tiller
- 12v/110v system charged via the engine, battery charger or via shore power cable.
- Boat rewired for 110vAC - 2015
- 3x 105amp 12v Service Batteries – recently upgraded and replaced
- 1x 60amp 12v Engine start battery – recently replaced
Battery charger & Inverter:
- ProNautic 12v 30Amp battery charger – 2015
- Kisae SW-1204 Tue Sine Wave Inverter 400w - 2015
- High output engine-mounted alternator
- Nature Power 50w Solar panel for trickle charging with 8A charger controller - 2018
- 110vAC 30Amp shore power connection and associated cable - 2015
- 12v USB charger – fitted 2018
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Electric bilge pump – replaced 2015
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Hot water system removed to reduce weight.
- 1x 85 litre plastic fuel tank.
Fresh Water Tank:
- 1x 85 litre plastic fresh water tank.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine navigation system with 2x 9” ES97 MFD’s at helm pedestals – 2016
- Raymarine Raystar 130GPS receiver - 2016
- Raymarine AIS650 Class B AIS transceiver with AIS100 Splitter - 2016
- B&G wind, speed and depth transducers connected to MFDs in cockpit – 2016
- 3x Raymarine i70 MFD displays at mast with Navpod mast bracket – 2016
- Raymarine EV400 autopilot system - 2016
- Eclipse GX1300 Class D VHF radio with DSC - 2015
- Manual marine heads discharging overboard
- 12vDC LED lighting to the cabin.
- Fusion MS-AV750 Bluetooth-enabled CD/radio/MP3 sound system – 2016
- 4x Sony waterproof speakers - 2015
Summary of Accommodation:
- The B38 has a daysailer interior with sitting headroom.
- In the forepeak there is a marine head and limited room for sail storage.
- Next aft of the main bulkhead are port and starboard white fiberglass cabinets with a sink and storage to port and fridge and storage to starboard, aft of this area are port and starboard settee seats with storage under.
- The interior has been refitted with removable boxes for storage port and starboard while sailing
- Hall Spars fractionally rigged carbon mast with two pairs of swept back spreaders removing the need for a backstay.
- Hall Spars Park Avenue carbon boom with lazy-jacks and single line reefing
- Stainless-steel rod standing rigging – April 2018
- Harken jib furler with under-deck furling line – overhauled 2018
- Self-tacking jib track
- Harken and Spinlock deck gear
- Hydraulic Sail control for Mainsheet, Vang, Traveller and Jib sheets power by a Carboni Power Pack, Overhauled in 2017 with all new hydraulic lines
- Harken hydraulic rod vang – replaced 2017
- 2x Harken B50 2-speed electric self-tailing winches controlled via buttons at the steering pedestals.
- Quantum Sails fully-battened carbon laminate mainsail – 2016
- Quantum Sails furling self-tacking carbon laminate jib – 2017
- Quantum Sails Code 0
- Quantum Sails large asymmetric spinnaker
- Quantum Sails small asymmetric spinnaker
- 2x snuffers for spinnakers
- Removable stainless-steel stanchions with one row of guard rails in Dyneema
- Stainless-steel pulpit and pushpit bar
- Moulded cockpit seats with stowage lockers beneath
- Lopolight LED navigation lights - 2016
- Flush foredeck hatch
- Danforth anchor with warp
Canvas and Covers:
- Mainsail cover
- Wheel covers
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Mooring cleats
- Fenders and mooring warps.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.