NEW PRICE $399,000 Sellers Motivated!
Here she is, a Beautiful and Well-equipped Blue Water Sailing Yacht
Most pictures taken October 2020
Designed for Short Handing and long-range Cruising, this is your opportunity to acquire a first-rate blue water cruising boat.
KARMA is ideally laid out for shorthanded sailing with a full set of electric winches, Selden in-mast furling, double headsail furlers, and a self-tacking staysail. She is one of the few shoal draft versions built.
Extensively equipped for long range cruising; included in her inventory are a watermaker, generator, additional refrigerators and freezers, extensive storage, AC, diesel heat, washer/dryer, bow thruster, electric davits. Sails are 2019 and 2016.
Three stateroom, two head layout.
Forward guest stateroom has a centerline queen berth with storage beneath as well as two hanging lockers. Next aft, to starboard, is a guest cabin with twin bunk berths. Storage beneath the lower berth, large hanging locker, and shelf storage.
Opposite this cabin is the forward head and separate stall shower. Easy to clean white laminate surfaces, electric head.
Next aft is the remarkable main salon. There is a large C shaped settee to starboard with a dining table that extends to comfortably seat 8 guests. To port is a smaller settee and an additional 24v refrigerator. Mounted to port is a flat screen TV monitor, Bose surround sound systems, and DVD player. Stowage space is generous here, beneath and outboard of the settees. Tankage and batteries are both beneath the salon floor.
Navigation station to starboard. The desk is designed to hold a half-folded Admirality chart. Large food pantry located just aft of the nav station.
In the starboard passage to the aft cabin, in lieu of a single berth cabin, is a laundry and storage area. An additional 24v freezer (2019) is located here as well.
The master stateroom boasts a queen sized berth, on the centerline, with twin curved settees on either side. There is a generous amount of hanging locker space and drawer storage. At the forward end of the stateroom is a flat screen TV monitor, which will display the electronic chart navigation or show a movie. Aft head en suite with separate stall shower and towel warmer.
- Four units of reverse cycle Cruisair AC
- Espar diesel heat system with thermostatically controlled radiators in staterooms, heads, and salon (2015)
- (2) TVs, main salon and master stateroom
- Bosch Washer/Dryer
- Bose surround sound
- (6) ventilation fans in cabins, salon, and galley
- Forward and Aft CO detectors and smoke alarms
- Custom carpeting in salon, forward passage way, aft passage way
- HRO Seafari 24v Watermaker with freshwater flush systems (new membrane 2017)
- Rocker switches for all lighting
- Techma freshwater electric heads
- Fusion stereo system for the cockpit and aft stateroom (2018)
- Well-hidden safe with key or combination lock
Excellent U-shaped galley, one step down from salon, with plenty of storage. White Corian countertops and sink.
- Single large sink near centerline
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Seagull water purification system, with dedicated spigot
- Grey water overboard pump for sink
- 10 gallon Hot water heater (2015)
- Force 10 gimballed 3-burner stove and oven
- Trident Marine LP remote shutoff valve with Xintex Propane Fume detector
- Extractor fan
- Refrigeration: 2 refrigerators nd 2 freezers
- Microwave oven
On deck, Karma is both beautiful and functional. Her reversed stern hides a swim/boarding platform that drops down hydraulically (new hydraulics 2018), operated from the binnacle. There is a ladder that folds into the water and a freshwater shower is located here as well. She boasts a spacious aft deck with a full beam lazarette which provides abundant deck stowage. The aft deck accommodates 2 teak reclining chairs and foot stools, a perfect place for morning coffee, sun bathing, and cocktails in the evening. Her side decks are easily walked and there is plenty of room on the foredeck for anchor handling. In 2012, her teak decks were replaced at Servitec Yachts in Barcelona. The decks are in excellent shape, and there are no screws holding them in place. They are all glued.
The cockpit is spacious and wide. Karma is fitted with a hard windshield and includes a custom Eisenglass surround, which is a boon for any bluewater sailor. Karma’s cockpit The binnacle has a unique, curved-spoke wheel which is a great solution for accessing switches and instruments on the binnacle.
- Chain locker with access through foredeck hatch and watertight bulkhead.
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting with twin bronze bow rollers
- 24v Quick reversible windlass with deck mounted foot switches (2020)
- Secondary control for windlass at binnacle
- Saltwater washdown on foredeck
- 100# Ultra Marine S/S anchor (2018) with 225’ of 14mm chain
- Spare Delta anchor with chain and rode
OTHER DECK DETAILS
- APEX 11’ Center Console Tender (2018) & 20hp Tohatsu Power Trim Outboard (2015)
- 8 oversized stainless steel mooring cleats
- Dodger/windscreen extension in toast Sunbrella (2016)
- Bimini top in toast Sunbrella (2016)
- Zip in Eisenglass panels for Bimini top provides full enclosure of cockpit (2016)
- Custom light on binnacle for cockpit table
- Boom light (lights the entire cockpit)
- Custom mast uplights (2018)
- Cockpit table w/electric grill, (re-varnished in 2019)
- Simpson Stainless Steel electric davits with 24v motor for ease of raising the dinghy
- 6 man liferaft (recertified in 2017)
Navigation Equipment and Electronics
- Raymarine EV-1/ACU-400 Autopilot (2017) with Type 3 Hydraulic RAM
- Autopilot wireless remote control
- Raymarine Chart Plotter (E120 at helm and E80 at Nav Station)
- Raymarine AIS-650 AIS Transceiver (2019), RS-150 GPS antenna (2017), VHF radio, Knotlog and Depthsounder unit, Wind Instrument
- Repeater for Raymarine instruments at Nav Station and master stateroom
- Complete Inmarsat satellite antenna and system, includes phone, fax and internet (service has been suspended)
- Satellite television with US CPU (service has been suspended)
- IridiumGo! antenna on spreader and terminated at Nav Station
- Ubiquiti Bullet M2 WiFI AP (WiFI Extender) (2018)
Karma support both US (50 Amp, 220v) and Worldwide electrical systems. Like most larger sailing vessels, most of her DC equipment is 24v and some is 12v.
- 13kw Kohler generator (2012) 3814 hours
- Transformer (currently bypassed) allows Karma to plug in to both 110v and 220v shore power services
- (2) 24v 100A Victron batttery chargers - allows for very quick battery charging (2012)
- House battery bank consists of (8) Lifeline 6v batteries in parallel/series to provide 24v @ 800AH of capacity. These heavy and durable batteries are located centerline, beneath the salon floor, where the actually add ballast. (2017)
- 12v AGM Engine start battery (2018)
- 12v AGM Generator start battery (2014)
- Parallel switch between engine and generator batteries
- One 24v alternator
- One 12v alternator
- Both 220v and 110v outlets throughout
- Battery state indicators on panel
- (2014) 110v Inverter
- 220v Inverter
- Arid Dry Bilge System (2016)
- LED Navigation lights
Sails and Rigging
Selden in-mast furling, triple spreader rig, stepped to the keel.
Full mast and boom refit in 2018 – stripped and repainted spars; new standing and running rigging (W/ New England Ropes hi-tech lines); inspected all hardware and replaced as necessary; Genoa, Staysail, and Mail furlers serviced; new wiring and lighting; added WiFi AP; Upgraded SatTV to support US satellites; added spare main halyard; inspected chain plates, replaced stem ball fittings, rebedded chain plates and mast collar.
- Furlex furling on headsail (rebuilt in 2018)
- Furlex furling on staysail, with a track to allow loose-footed self-tending staysail (rebuilt in 2018)
- Most running rigging led aft through jammers into the cockpit
- Electric Primary winches
- Electric winches for mainmast outhaul, main sheet, etc.
- New Quantum HydraNet sails in excellent condition: 130% Genoa (2016), Staysail (2016), Main (2019)
- Custom mast uplighting (2018)
Engine Room & Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 4JH3-DTE 120 hp engine (overhauled in 2012, injectors replaced 2019)
- 13kw Kohler generator (2012) w/ 3814 hours
- Whitlock mechanical and cable wheel steering with emergency tiller (cables replaced 2015, rudder bearing replaced 2019)
- Engine room upgrade to stainless soundproof insulation
- Electric Oil Change Pump
- Sidepower bow thruster with joystick control at binnacle
- Tides Marine Dripless stuffing box (replaced 2019)
- 3 bladed folding prop (rebuilt in 2015, new cutlass bearings 2019)
- Racor fuel filters
- Grey water sump for Galley sink, AC condensate and washing machine water
- Sinks in heads have their own pumpout, as well as both showers
- 4 bilge pumps with Aqualarm high water alarm system
- Extensive spare parts inventory, including engine and generator parts, parts for the watermaker, fresh water system, assorted bulbs