This is a great boat, a deal for someone to love. She is the coveted Ocean 42 Center Cockpit design, and what a great build and design! Built in Giebelstad Germany, Bavaria Yachtbau GmBH has been building yachts since 1978 in one of the most advanced manufacturing facilities in the world, good strong, award winning boats.
This boat, the Center Cockpit cruising design from the Slovenian naval architect firm J&J Design, is clearly a performance cruiser. The deep draft (6'4"), long waterline (36' 10") and "real" main make for a great sailing boat. The hull features solid hand-laid fiberglass up to the waterline, with fiberglass and Airex coring above. A double row of keel bolts, secures this deep-draft keel. S-glass stringer reinforcements, a solid keel flange and a "bulletproof" Kevlar bow section, all add up to meet the German Lloyd's GL-100 A5 offshore specifications. Cruising locally or offshore, this is a great choice.
It's the simple gracious interior that make this the boat you want to see. Sure there's comfortable room for the family or two couples, in separate cabins with two heads, a warm and gracious saloon, and efficient galley, but it's the huge aft cabin that's really hard to beat!
Ask about the new bottom paint job, and recent price drop, and you will want to come see s/v Grani and make an offer on this sweet sailing boat soon. . . (And yes the Dinghy w/ cover is included)
NOTE: Massive price drop! Owners are ready to sell, so don't miss this one! Someone is going to get a great boat, do a bit of cleaning and be sailing in the spring.
Please call Lee Youngblood in Seattle at 425-444-9109 for more info. and set up an appointment to see her.
Fast Boat Teaser - with a 36' waterline if you don't buy this boat, you will likely be looking at her stern. . .
* LOA: 42.59' * LWL: 36.58
* Beam: 13.06' * Draft: 6.4
* Disp.: 22,487 lbs. * Ballast: 6,185 lbs.
Sails and Rigging Notes
* Seldon Double-Spreader, Anodized Aluminum Mast
* Elvstrom Mainsail w/ lazy jacks and cover Size
Dacron w/4 Battens, 2 Reefs
* 120% Furling Genoa
* 1.5 oz. Asymmetrical Cruising Spinnaker
w/ mast mounted pole
* Furlex Roller Furling and Hard Vang
* S.S. Wire Standing Rigging w/ Dacron Running Rigging
* 2) Harken #48 Self-tailing Primary Winches
* 2) Harken #40 Self-tailing Secondary Winches
* 2) Harken #40 Self-tailing Halyard Winches
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* Volvo MD-22 Freshwater Cooled 59hp Diesel
* Volvo Sail Drive w/ 3-Blade Folding Bronze Propeller
* 12Volt 60Amp Alternator w/3-stage volt. regulator
* Primary Racor Fuel Filter w/easy access
* 12VDC batteries 2) Interstate G31 AGM batteries,
* plus G-27 starter battery
* Magnum Inverter/Battery Charger w/ remote
* 30amp Shore Power Service w/ power cord
* Raymarine Radar/C- Chart Plotter w/ US/BC Charts
* Autohelm 6000+ Autopilot (lineal drive to quadrant)
* Espar-Hydronic 10 Diesel Heater
* Icom VHF Marine Transceiver IC-M50
* Autohelm Depth Sounder and Knot Meter
* Autohelm Wind Speed & Direction
* Clock and Barometer
* Nakamichi TD45 AM/FM/Stereo
* Sunto 5.5 Compass
Galley | Interior Gear
* Gimbaled 2-Burner SMEV Stove w/Oven
* 3 Gal. Propane w/ gauge n Solenoid
* Fridge O boat 12VDC Refrigeration
* Stainless-steel double sink-deep
* Hot & cold Pressure water
* Isotherm Slim 6-gallon Hot Water Tank
Hull | Deck | Safety Gear
* Solid hull with foam cored decks to waterline
* SS Bow Stern Stanchions with 2 lifelines
* 40 lb. CQR Anchor w/ 200 5/16 Chain and Nylon Rode
* 12V Simpson Lawrence Quick Windlass
* Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps
* Dodger w/ glass, Breezy Canvas
* Mainsail, hatch, handrails, winch Covers
* Emergency Tiller, Bilgepump Handle
* Flares, fire extinguishers and Life-sling
* Fenders and Dock lines
* 60.75 gal. Diesel - Plastic
* 100 gal. Water - Plastic tank
* 30 gal. 2) Holding - StainlessSteel
The Bavaria 42 has the same winning lines, outstanding quality, and exceptional value that distinguishes all Bavaria Yachts. Designed by J&J Design and built by Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH in Northern Bavaria, high residual values are guaranteed. All Bavaria yachts are constructed with a sandwich laminate, a technology used with aircraft and icebreaking boats. This laminate of water repellent and closed-pore foam increases the durability of the shell while decreasing heat conductivity, thus preventing condensation and making the living climate more pleasant. As well, Kevlar fabric is worked into the collision endangered forebody, and a coat of isophthalic acid resin combined with powder-bounded glass mat prevents osmosis and keeps the laminate watertight. Bavaria builds according to the specifications and supervision of Germanischer Lloyd.