- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bangor, Gwynedd, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 49,500 (A$ 91,851)
The Victoria 34 was launched at the 1986 London Earl’s Court boatshow in answer to the growing demand from the companies existing client base for a large boat to follow on from the success of the Victoria 30 and Francis 26. Designed by the highly regarded naval architect Chuck Paine the Victoria 34 was instantly recognisable as a development of the popular Victoria 30, retaining the classic appearance and eye-pleasing sheer line.
SULA of CONWY is a nicely presented example of the class with the rare ‘Owners’ layout below deck providing a comfortable double bunk forward and two occasional berths in the saloon with a large single heads aft. In the current ownership since 2011 she has been significantly upgraded and comes with a comprehensive inventory highlights of which include:
- External lead ‘Paine Style’ ballast keel, inverted T-shape.
- Original blue gelcoat finish to topsides.
- Cream superstructure
- Teak laid decks
- Masthead cutter rig with self-tacking staysail
- Recently replaced sail – Mainsail 2016 and Yankee 2015
- Recently replaced canvas work – Mainsail cover 2016 and sprayhood 2015.
- Beta Marine Beta 30 marine diesel engine fitted new 2017.
- Darglow Featherstream stainless steel feathering propeller 2018.
- Domestic batteries replaced 2019.
Wintering ashore SULA OF CONWY will be recommissioned and launched in April 2020. The boat will be handed over to her new owner, afloat and ready to sail away. Viewing is available strictly by prior appointment.
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
SULA OF CONWY
Builder: Victoria Yachts
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 10.44 m
Beam: 3.24 m
LWL: 8.64 m
Maximum Draft: 1.47 m
Displacement: 5770 kgs
Ballast: 2506 kgs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine
Year Built: 2017
Engine Model: Beta 30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 400
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (220 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (90 Litres)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Single piece GRP moulded hull.
- Hand consolidated polyester laminate, sandwich construction with foam core.
- Plywood bulkheads glassed to hull on both sides.
- Internal moulding forming base to saloon seating units and heads.
- Blue gelcoat finish to topsides with gold cover line and red antifouling.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Single piece GRP moulded deck with an integral, self-draining cockpit.
- Hand consolidated polyester sandwich laminate with balsa core.
- Teak Laid Decks
- Teak Laid Cockpit Seating and Soles
- Solid Teak Capping Rail
- Solid teak grab rails and eyebrow on coachroof.
- Bolt-on external lead ballast keel.
- ‘Paine Style’ keel design, inverted T form.
- Fin and skeg configuration.
- Rudder supported on pintle at heel of skeg.
Engine & gearbox:
- Beta Marine Diesel Beta 30 (2017).
- 30hp @ 3600RPM
- 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
- TMC mechanical marine gearbox.
- RCD2 / EPA Tier 3 compliant
- Beta Marine type ‘C’ Delux control panel.
- Single lever morse control
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine installed new 2017.
- Less than 400 recorded running hours as of October 2019.
- Engine and gearbox fully serviced when boat winterised in October 2019.
- Cruising speed 6kts
- Stainless steel tank
- ASAP Fuel polishing system, cycling diesel in tank to clean with dedicated filter
- Primary filter with water trap
- Secondary engine filter
Propulsion & Steering:
- Stainless steel shaft.
- Dripless, maintenance free shaft seal. (2017)
- Darglow Featherstream 3 blade feathering propeller (2018)
- Stainless steel blades with bronze hub.
- Skeg hung rudder with Whitlock Cobra pedestal wheel steering.
- Rod linkage to quadrant.
- Stainless steel wheel.
- Emergency tiller fitting directly onto rudder stock.
- Raymarine SPX10 pilot system.
- Raymarine type-1 quadrant drive system.
- 12V DC onboard system
- 240V AC shore power system.
- Single 16amp shore power connection
- Extension lead.
- Hardwired, RCD protected.
- Ring main, battery charger and immersion heater circuits with MCB protection.
- Engine Bank – 1x 12V DC Lead acid cranking battery.
- Domestic Bank – 3x 12V DC Lead acid 105Ah leisure batteries (2019).
- Sterling Power Pro-Charge
- Two outlet.
- Engine driven 100Amp 12V DC alternator.
- Aerogen 4 generator mounted on pole.
- Voltage regulator.
- 3x semi-flexible panels mounted on coachroof.
- Charge regulator.
- Alessi 150i Pure Sine Wave
- 150W, 240V ACi
- Sterling Power Products battery monitor.
- USB type accessory charging plugs.
- Pressurised hot and cold water systems.
- Hot water provided via calorifier.
- Faucets at galley, heads and forward cabin wash hand basin.
- 1x Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- 1x Manual bilge pump in saloon.
- 1x Electric pump with manual and auto switching.
Bilge Alarm System:
- Float switch operated audio alarm.
- Single stainless steel tank
- Approximate 90ltrs capacity.
- Single stainless steel tank.
- Approximate 220ltr capacity.
- Single insulated tank
- Approximate 30ltr capacity.
- Heated via engine cooling water.
- 240V AC Immersion heater.
- Single tank – Not currently fitted.
- Plumbed for discharge overboard or via deck suction.
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Depth – Autohelm ST50
- Log - Autohelm ST50 (Currently in operative)
- Wind - Autohelm ST50
- Close Hauled Wind - Autohelm ST50
- Repeater – 1x Autohelm ST50 1x Raymarine ST60
- Plotter/Radar – Furuno Navnet display with 2kw scanner on mast.
- Magnetic Compass – Plastimo Olympic 135 on binnacle.
At Chart Table:
- Plotter/Radar – Furuno Navnet display.
- GPS – Furuno GP32
- AIS – NASA Clipper AIS radar.
- DSC VHF - Icom IC-M411 with repeater in cockpit.
- Navtex – Displays on Furuno Navnet displays.
- Plastimo Neptune 4500 gas cooker. 3 burner, grill and oven with pan clamps. Gimbal mounted.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Below worktop cave locker.
- Mug rack.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet.
- Discharging overboard.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher D4 diesel fired blown air system
- Outlets in forward cabin, saloon and heads.
- Top loading below worktop fridge.
- Isotherm SP cooling plate with sea water cooled compressor.
- Mixture of LED, incandescent and halogen bulbs below decks.
- Sony MEX-BT 39004 radio/CD head unit with Bluetooth connectivity and remote control.
- Speakers in saloon.
Summary of Accommodation:
- ‘Owners’ layout.
- Double forward cabin with vanity unit and hanging locker.
- Two single berths in saloon.
- Large heads aft to starboard.
- American cherry veneer and solid trims.
- White laminate finish to fronts of bunk bases.
- Blue upholstery with subtle red pattern.
- Simulated planking panels to line hull sides in forward cabin.
- Traditional teak and holly soleboards.
- White laminate headlining with varnished hardwood trims.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Double V-berth.
- Shelves running length of bunk outboard to port and starboard overhead.
- Drawer storage provided beneath aft end of bunk.
- Hanging locker to port aft of bunk.
- Vanity unit with wash hand basing aft to starboard, locker above and below basin.
- Access to anchor chain locker forward.
- Deck hatch providing light and ventilation.
- Large open saloon.
- Centrally mounted, double drop leaf saloon table.
- Bench settee to starboard.
- U-shaped settee to port.
- Both settees converting to occasional single bunks.
- Locker and bookshelves with fiddle rails outboard port and starboard.
- Storage lockers behind seatbacks.
- To port aft of saloon.
- U-shaped galley layout.
- Double stainless steel sink forward.
- Deep top loading food storage locker below wortop outboard of sink.
- Gimbal mounted 3 burner gas cooker outboard.
- Top loading fridge below aft section of worktop.
- Sliding door fronted lockers outboard of cooker.
- Selection of lockers below worktop and cooker.
- Compact chart table aft of starboard side saloon settee.
- Swing out navigators stool.
- Chart storage within tabletop.
- Ships switch panel, plotter/radar display and GPS outboard.
- Located to starboard of starboard of companionway.
- Wash hand basin outboard forward.
- Forward-facing manual marine toilet at aft end of the compartment.
- Wet hanging locker outboard of heads aft.
- Teak grating on sole.
SPARS AND RIGGING
- Keel stepped, masthead, cutter rigged sloop.
- Mast and spars manufactured by Selden in silver anodised alloy.
- Timber bowsprit with bobstay to secure forestay.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel wire.
- Twin Selden Furlex roller reefiong systems for genoa and staysail.
- Backstay fitted with isolators for use as antenna.
- Selden rod kicker.
- Self-tacking staysail system.
- Reefing lines and halyards lead aft to cockpit.
- LED Tri-colour and anchor light at masthead.
- Mast mounted deck flood light.
- Mast mounted Firdell Blipper type radar reflector.
- Primary Winches – 2x Andersen 40. Two-speed, self-tailing.
- Secondary Winched – 2x Setamar 40STR2. Two-speed, self-tailing.
- Halyard Winch – Coachroof mounted. 1x Setamar 30STR2. Two-speed, self-tailing.
- Mainsail – White dacron, slab reefing with 3 full reefs. Crusader Sails ‘ Long Distance Cruiser’ spec. (2016)
- Yankee – White ‘cruiser racing’ dacron with foam padded luff, roller reefing. Crusader Sails. (2015).
- Staysail – White dacron, roller reefing. Hyde Sails.
- Sprayhood – Green canvas with windows forward. Mouse Sails. (2014)
- Mainsail Cover – Stackpack type with separate mast boot forward. Green canvas, Boatshed Bangor. (2016)
- Lewmar track and car system for self-tacking staysail.
- Lewmar ‘pin-stop’ track and car system for genoa sheets.
- Lewmar mainsheet track and car system with control lines.
- Spinlock jammers on coachroof for reefing lines and halyards.
MOORING AND GROUND TACKLE
- Bower Anchor – 35lb CQR anchor on chain rode.
- Electric Anchor Windlass – SL Horizon windlass. Foot switch controls on foredeck.
- Fenders – Selection
- Mooring Warps – selection.
- Beaching Legs – ‘Sea Legs’ adjustable alloy legs.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Stainless steel, deck mounted stanchions.
- Double stainless steel guard wires.
- Guard wire gates, midships port and starboard.
- Removable, folding stainless steel boarding ladder fitting in way of gates port and starboard.
- Double stainless steel stemhead roller.
- Substantial stainless steel bollard type cleat top port for use on swinging mooring.
- Stainless steel mooring cleat forward, mid ships and aft.
- Teak grabrails running the length of the coachroof.
- Primary and secondary winches mounted outboard of coamings.
- Storage lockers beneath cockpit seating port and starboard.
- Fender baskets built into pushpit rail.
- Stainless steel pole mounting for wind generator.
- Outboard storage bracket.
- LED mast head tri-colour
- Mast mounted steaming light
- Low level navigation lights.
- Masthead LED anchor light.
- Liferaft – Plastimo Cruiser 4 canister raft, cradle mounted on pushpit rail.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.