Aldebaran is a lovely very well maintained Gozzard 31. She enjoys all of the renown benefits of the semi-custom Gozzard line including shoal draft, cutter rig (all lines lead to the cockpit), large cockpit, drop-down transom, and innovative interior......not to mention her terrific aesthetics. Aldebaran takes top honors in quality of maintenance.
- Lazy jacks for mainsail (2019)
- New mainsail cover (2019)
- New standing rigging including bobstay (2018)
- New house and engine start batteries (2018)
- New Raymarine i60 wind gauge (2017) and mast transducer (2009)
- Rebuilt Westerbeke engine (2009)
- Raymarine ST4000 wheel autopilot (2007)
- Raymarine Tridata new speed sensor (2019)
- 130% genoa (2004)
- Wagner Steven Yachts, authorized representatives for Gozzard Yachts, is pleased to offer this pre-owned factory-supported vessel for consideration.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts.
For showings contact either: John Albertine 443-837-5075 / email@example.com
Fuel: 38 gals. in aluminum tank
Fresh Water: 80 gals. total in two fiberglass tanks
Holding: 38 gals. in fiberglass tank
Hot Water: 5 gals.
The interior is done in rich satin-finished cherry joinery with many wood-framed and vented lockers and cabinets. The sole is teak and holly. The upholstery in a very durable blue Ultrasuede. Headroom is 6' 3".
The boat is well lit and well ventilated. There are nine steel opening ports (all with curtains), two opening hatches, two cowl vents, and a 4" solar/12 volt shower ventilator. These are all made of stainless steel and equipped with screens.
Open plan interior from forward to aft:
- The forward compartment can serve as the main saloon by day, a dining area, and a private stateroom at night.
- Next aft to port is the galley.
- Across to starboard is the forward facing navigation station.
- Just aft of the galley is the aft head.
- Aft to starboard is the aft cabin
- Separate screen doors and built-in overhead screen for companionway
- It is well lit and well ventilated, with opening ports, a skylight, and ample hanging lockers including a beam width hanging locker forward.
- The "coffee table" top opens up to support a separate large dining table.
- The pivoting settees together to form a full-sized centerline double berth.
- It is turned into a private compartment via a fold up bulkhead and a hidden door.
- Additional features include: three duplex 110 AC GFCI outlets, 4 LED reading lights, a red/white dome light, and a 12-volt fan.
- Force 10 two-burner gimbaled propane stove
- 10 lb propane tank in dedicated locker cockpit locker
- Propane monitor/alarm with two sensors
- Corian countertops and tile backsplash
- Cherry wood cabinets including dish locker to fit dishes and glasses
- Nova Kool 12-volt toploading refrigerator/freezer in a 5 cu. ft. insulated box
- Single stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Five gal. hot water heater (110-volt AC or engine)
- Chromed brass hand pump
- Duplex 110-volt AC GFCI outlet
- Extra red/white working light
- Panasonic microwave oven under the stove
- Kitchenware included
- Topside rail hung BBQ
- There is a forward-facing navigation station with storage under the seat and in and under the large opening chart table.
- To the right of the navigator's seat are a bookshelf and storage cabinet.
- To the right of the chart table large panel that contains:
Electrical breaker panels
Link 2000 battery monitor and inverter controller
Uniden DHS VHF radio with a separate portable microphone for the cockpit
Raytheon Chart plotter with Garmin GPS
Weems and Plath chromed brass clock and barometer
Hart Systems "Tank Tender" for freshwater and holding tanks
Water Witch bilge pump counter
Automatic/Manual bilge pump switch
Extra red/white light
- Stainless steel sink with sink handle that extends to a bulkhead bracket for use as a shower
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Corian countertops with tile backsplash
- An automatic shower sump pump
- Duplex 110-volt AC GFCI outlet
- Solar/12-volt powered 4" ventilator
- Raritan PH II manual toilet with "Y" discharge valve
- Waste holding tank with macerator for overboard discharge and with deck pump out fitting
Aft "Owners" Cabin:
- Large double berth that is 6' 6" long with engine access under centerline and water tank outboard to starboard
- Hanging locker, drawer, cabinet storage, and bookshelf
- Duplex 110-volt AC GFCI outlet
- Two original dome lights
- Two added LED reading lights
- 12-volt fan
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- Raymarine ST4000 wheel autopilot (new 2007 and overhauled by Raymarine 2017)
- Raymarine i60 wind display (new 2017)
- Autohelm/Raymarine Tridata (depth, speed, distance) with
new speed sensor 2019 and depth transducer new 2010
- Standard Horizon CP300i portable GPS with color chart plotter mounted on a custom bracket with a dedicated 12-volt power supply (2011)
- Three portable horns (compressed air, battery, and mouth)
At Navigation Station:
- Raymarine RC320 chart plotter
- Uniden DHS VHR radio with a separate handheld microphone
- Weems and Plath clock and barometer
- Two radar reflectors (one is inflatable)
- Set of International Code Flags
- 7x50 binoculars
- 12-volt high-intensity spotlight with an extension cord
- Shoal draft with cutaway forefoot and external lead ballast
- Blue whale stripe
- FRP rubrail with a stainless steel striker
- Teak toe rail
- Sunbrella full boat cover (2002) with 3 zippered sections
- Bowsprit with double anchor rollers
- Maxwell 800 electric windlass with foot controls on the foredeck and remote control at helm
- CQR anchor 25 lb. with 125' 1/4" HT chain
- Plus 20' of 5/16" HT chain spliced to 150' of 9/16" three-strand nylon rode
- Fortress FS-23 aluminum 15 lb. secondary anchor
- Very large lockable deck locker forward just aft of the windlass
- Teak steering wheel
- Folding cockpit seat cushions
- Closed cell foam cockpit cushions
- Closed cell foam helm seat
- West Marine (Zodiac) 9' 4" inflatable dinghy with high-pressure floor
- Transom Forespar dinghy davits (can rotate inward to reduce overall boat length)
- Minn Kota "Riptide" electric dinghy engine with 55 lbs thrust
- Two safety harnesses with tethers
- Four Type 1, two Type 3, and one child life preservers plus two throwable cushions
- Sunbrella covers for helm and wheel, dorades, and two opening hatches
- Sunbrella dodger (plus hard windscreen) and bimini with connector
- Two line bags fixed on the aft end of coachroof in the cockpit
- Expandable boat hook
- Lines and fenders
- "Fender Step" for side boarding
- Fold down transom steps with attached swim ladder
- Cockpit hot and cold water shower
- Lifeline gates port and starboard
- Stainless steel handrails
- American Yacht Ensign and American flags with wooden flagstaff with two mounting locations on the stern
- Deck-stepped aluminum single spreader mast and boom
- Mast height 46' 0" without antennas
- Courtesy flags, port and starboard on spreaders
- All standing rigging including bobstay replaced 2018
- Gennaker halyard (new 2016)
- Schaefer 1100 roller furler for genoa (topsail)
- Schaefer 750 roller furler for staysail
- Four line-stoppers and two jam cleats on cockpit coachroof on port
- Four line-stoppers on cockpit coachroof on starboard
- Three standard winch handles plus one "One Touch Power Grip) winch handle
- North Sails fully-battened dacron mainsail with two reef points and single-line reef lines led to the cockpit
- North Sails radial cut Nordac 130% genoa (2004)
- North Sails Yankee cut topsail in storage (original sail)
- North Sails staysail with chafe-protection cover
- Quantum gennaker with stuffer
- Sail area 782 sq. ft.
I : 40.83 ft
J : 17.92 ft
P : 36.00 ft
E : 13.83 ft
- Naturally, aspirated freshwater cooled rebuilt 37 hp Westerbeke 38B4 engine with 625 hrs. since installed 2009 (original engine had 656 hrs. when it was replaced)
- New exhaust elbow/manifold 2018
- Propeller is a bronze fixed 3-blade, RH16x14 protected by a full aperture
- 120 Amp-hr alternator (50 amp original alternator as spare)
- Two Lifeline Group 31 AGM house batteries with a total of 250 amp-hrs. (new 2018)
- One Lifeline Group 24 AGM starting battery (new 2018)
- Two AGM battery for dinghy's electric motor
- Freedom 10 1000 watt inverter with 50 amp battery charger
- Echo charger for engine start battery
- 110-volt battery charger for dinghy engine electric batteries
- Electric 12-volt high-pressure pump with extension cords for dinghy
- Foot pump for inflating the dinghy
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord and inlet
- 12-volt outlet plugs at navigation and helm
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Extra portable 12-volt bilge pump with long discharge hose
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Friedrich 110-volt room-sized dehumidifier
- Two small West Marine dehumidifier heated fans
- Three fire extinguishers
- Emergency shoring plug kit
- Emergency tiller in dedicated storage under the cockpit seat
Aldebaran is being sold by her second owners who purchased her in 2001. The owner is not planning on purchasing another sailboat.
She has been hauled every two years and last hauled in January 2018. She is washed every month and her bottom is scrubbed every month.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.