A well-presented, beautifully maintained example of this robust offshore cruising design from Hallberg-Rassy. She boasts the optional doghouse, electric primary winches and recently replaced standing rigging. Polished, antifouled, fully serviced and recently launched for the 2019 season.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Reluctantly for sale as her owners contemplate the move from sail powered yachts to a diesel powered cruiser. MISTY EWE represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a lightly used and very well-maintained example of this German Frers designed Hallberg-Rassy.
With only her second owners since she was launched new MISTY EWE was built to a high standard of specification and benefits from significant upgrading in recent years. Some of her inventory highlights are:
- Hallberg-Rassy doghouse.
- Cutter rig with removable inner forestay
- New standing rigging (2017)
- New Selden roller reefing system (2017)
- Lightly used Elvstrom EPEX laminate cruising sails
- Lewmar electric primary winches
- Mastervolt Combi Invertor/Charger (2016)
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Raymarine i60 instrumentation (2017)
- Raymarine AIS transceiver (2017)
- Raymarine Plotter and Radar
- Icom 423G DSCVHF with CommandMic (2017)
We have a glowing 2017 survey on file for the boat and over 250 photos available upon request. Being enjoyed by her current owners she is afloat, in commission and available for viewing by arrangement.
*** 130 further photographs available on request ***
‘The Hallberg-Rassy 42F is a contemporary cruising yacht which embodies the builder's expertise with the 1991 design skills of Germán Frers. The end result being a superb cruising yacht with sparkling performance which is a pleasure to sail and will give pride of ownership indefinitely.
The hull was designed for its seaworthiness and to give good sailing, it was not built to a formula or to maximise racing rules. The deck is laid for correct functioning rather than appearance, the fact that it looks so good is a bonus. With regard to equipment you will see typical Hallberg-Rassy solutions plus some innovations which represent real improvements.’
- We understand the vessel was constructed prior to the Recreational Craft Directive so is exempt.
- Built under supervision from Germanischer Lloyd.
- Hull constructed of single piece GRP moulding.
- Isophthalic gelcoat and isophtalic polyester resin for lamination, hand consolidated.
- Single skin solid GRP construction below waterline through keel pan area.
- Sandwich construction above the waterline with Divinycell PVC-foam core, insulated against heat and cold.
- Round bilge with stub keel as part of canoe body moulding providing form stiffness.
- Structural floor and stringer reinforcements, fully bonded to the hull.
- Plywood bulkheads full laminate to hull and deck mouldings on both sides.
- Integrated sugar scoop style transom with boarding platform.
- Integrated rubbing strake with brass strip.
- Blue decorative sheerband in blue gelcoat.
- Antifouling stripped off underwater hull back to original gelcoat winter 2018/19. Hull primed with International Paints Primocon (2 coats) before 2 coats of antifouling were applied.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull constructed of single piece GRP moulding, hand consolidated.
- Deck and coachroof areas and also cockpit are of sandwich construction, solid in parts, laminated to the hull.
- Deck, coachroof, aft deck, bathing platform, caprail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and side trims in top quality teak.
- Self-draining gas locker integrated under starboard side deck
- Integrated full depth lazarette locker.
- GRP moulded doghouse over forward end of cockpit with glass windows and opening central port.
- 4 Lewmar opening deck hatches.
- 13 Alloy framed portholes of which 7 open.
- Long fin keel with small bulb.
- Reinforced lead construction.
- 15 Stainless steel bolts.
- Semi-balance skeg hung rudder.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta TMD22.
- 76hp at 4,500rpm.
- 4 cylinder, turbo charged, indirectly cooled.
- Volvo Penta MS2AE reversing marine gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Recorded running hours 2460 at May 2019.
- Fully serviced December 2018 prior to winter lay-up.
- Recommissioned in March 2019.
- Timing belt replaced 2016
- Cruising speed 7kts at 2500rpm
- Top speed 9.5lts at 4300rpm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Stainless steel prop shaft.
- Volvo Penta dripless shaft seal. (2016)
- Bronze 3 blade fixed propeller.
- Lewmar Whitlock cable steering system.
- Bronze rudder quadrant.
- Emergency steering system.
- Disc type rope cutter on prop shaft (2019)
- Raymarine autopilot system.
- Raymarine ST8002+ control head in cockpit.
- Raymarine Linear drive connected direct to quadrant.
- Sliepner Sidepower 7hp, twin prop.
- New anode fitted winter 2018/19.
- Foot button controls at helm.
- Powered from engine battery bank.
- 12VDC system for domestic and engine electrical systems
- 220VAC hardwired shore power system.
- 240V AC hard wired system.
- 16 Amp connection with cables.
- RCD protected.
- Engine Battery Bank – 1x 12v 140Ah lead acid. (2016)
- Domestic Battery Bank – 4x 12v 135Ah lead acid (2016)
- Mastervolt MasterCombi 12v, 1200w (2016)
- Mastervolt integrated status display (2017)
- Mastervolt MasterCombi 12v, 60amp. (2016)
- Mastervolt integrated status display (2017)
- Single 60amp Valeo engine driven alternator.
- Mastervolt integrated battery status monitor. (2017)
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 685ltr tank capacity.
- Fully pressurised hot and cold water system.
- 40ltr capacity calorifier.
- Pressure fed tap in galley and heads.
- Pressure fed hot & cold freshwater shower in heads.
- Manual Pumps x1. One in cockpit and one in saloon.
- Electric Pump x1 located in bilge sump, auto and manual switching.
- Single stainless steel tank.
- Located in bilge space beneath saloon sole.
- 420 Litres capacity.
- Two stainless steel tanks.
- Main tank located in bilge beneath saloon sole, 320ltr capacity.
- Additional tank beneath settee, 365ltr capacity.
- Combined total capacity 685ltrs
- Tanks interlinked with shut-off valve to isolate tanks.
- Isotherm 40 Ltr capacity calorifier.
- Heated from engine or 240V AC immersion heater.
- Two independent tanks.
- Both tanks with overboard.
- Forward heads tank capacity - 40 Ltrs approx.
- Aft heads tank capacity - 40 Ltrs approx.
- Standard HR electric analogue gauges with senders in main water tank and fuel tank.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Depth – Raymarine i60 (2017)
- Speed – Raymarine i60 (2017)
- Wind – Raymarine i60 (2017)
- Raymarine MFD C120W – Plotter, Radar and AIS functionality
- Raymarine 4Kw radome, radar scanner mounted on mast.
- Suunto D-135
- Icom DSC VHF Commandmic
At Chart Table:
- ICS NAV4 Navtex receiver with printer.
- Raymarine AIS650 Transceiver (2017).
- Icom 423G DSC VHF with Commandmic in cockpit.
- HF150 SSB radio receiver. (not used in current ownership)
- Eno, gas, 2 burner and oven stove. (2017)
- Frigomatic top loading with ice box, new control panel (2018).
- Double, extra deep stainless steel sink.
- Hot and cold water faucet.
- Manually pumped salt water faucet.
- 2x Jabsco manual marine toilets.
- 2x Showers
- 2x Holding tank
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Airtop Evo 40 diesel fired, blown air system. (2018)
- Thermostatic cabin controller.
- 5 outlets – Forward cabin, saloon, aft cabin, forward heads, aft heads.
- LED lighting throughout interior living space.
- Stereo Sony CD/Radio head unit.
- Speakers in saloon.
- Flat screen TV concealed within port side locker in saloon.
- Digital DVBT antenna at masthead.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 Berths
- Double forward cabin with en-suite heads.
- Master cabin aft with 3 berths and en-suite heads.
- Single large saloon berth.
- All interior woodwork in traditional mahogany with matt silk finish.
- Locker doors with rounded edges and larger locker doors louvered for ventilation.
- Floors are varnished teak with inlaid holly stripes
- Fitted, edge bound carpets throughout (except galley) with press studs to secure.
- Saloon and aft cabin ceilings have panelling of white vinyl with mahogany strips
- Curtains fitted for all skylights and portholes. (2018)
- Solid handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore
- Cushions on all bunks 100mm thick.
- White laminate surfaces for galley
- White laminate surfaces for heads
- Deluxe light blue cloth upholstery in accommodation cabins
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Guest cabin with en-suite heads.
- Two single berths in v-configuration, 1.98m long bunks
- In-fill section to create large double berth.
- Ample stowage above and below bunks with dresser unit to starboard aft and lockers outboard.
- 1.98m headroom within cabin
- Large Lewmar opening deck hatch.
- Air-Only low profile deck ventilator.
- Located to port, separate compartment, accessible from aft end of forward cabin.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet
- Counter outboard with recessed porcelain sink forward.
- Teak grating with pump out drain for shower.
- Air-Only low profile deck ventilator.
- Lewmar opening deck hatch.
- Occupying the full width of the boat.
- L-shaped settee seating to port.
- Two easy chairs to starboard with small table fixed between with drawers beneath.
- Port side settee converting to an occasional single berth, backrest lifts to increase bunk width.
- Fixed saloon table offset slightly to port.
- Storage lockers outboard, overhead the saloon seating, port and starboard.
- Additional void space provided behind port settee back rest and beneath starboard settee.
- Two additional occasional chairs for use at the saloon table when dinning.
- 2.00m headroom within saloon area.
- Large Lewmar opening deck hatch.
- Two Dorade vents.
- Located to starboard side of companionway.
- White laminate finish worktops with deep varnished mahogany fiddles.
- In-fill section over galley cooker.
- U-shaped galley with small countertop island inboard.
- Eno, gas, 2 burner and oven stove outboard with worktop forward and aft.
- Double, extra deep stainless steel sink inboard aft.
- Top loading fridge below worktop outboard aft.
- Pull out bread board.
- Selection of lockers and drawers below worktop with lockers above outboard.
- Cold locker space accessible below galley sole.
- Located to the port side of the companionway.
- Forward facing navigator’s seat with separate chart table.
- Chart storage within table, additional storage drawers beneath.
- Leading from Navigation Station to aft cabin, along port side.
- Counter top and locker space immediately aft of navigators’ seat. Locker outboard.
- Hanging locker aft outboard
- Ships main switch panel inboard.
- Bookshelves and narrow counter top aft.
- Accessed via the walk through along the port side, aft of the nav station.
- En-suite access to aft heads.
- Providing double berth to starboard, 2m long and single berth to port.
- 1.91m headroom within hatch area.
- Large Lewmar opening deck hatch overhead. Fitted with removable stainless steel security bars.
- Two Dorade Vents.
- Aft cabin en-suite, located to the starboard side of the cabin.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet inboard, forward.
- Shower stall forward, outboard of the heads.
- Counter top aft with recessed porcelain sink.
- Masthead, cutter rigged sloop.
- Selden deck stepped, double spreader, silver anodised alloy mast.
- Selden silver anodised alloy spars.
- Selden spinnaker pole, stowing on mast track.
- Selden Furl-in in-mast furling mainsail system.
- Selden Furlex 304S Roller furling system for genoa. (2017)
- Removable cutter stay, stowing at mast when not in use.
- Removable running backstays, stowing forward at cap shrouds when not in use.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel with Hasselfor rigging screws (2017)
- Selden mechanical backstay tensioner. (2017)
- Selden alloy tube type chafe protectors on stays.
- Selden rod kicker.
- All running rigging replaced with new. (2018)
- Masthead mounted radar reflector.
- Primary Winches – 2x Lewmar 58, electric, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Genoa Furling Winch – 1x Lewmar 40, electric with graduated switching, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Mainsheet Winch – 2x Lewmar 40, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Mainsail Reefing Winch - 1x Lewmar 40, electric, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Mast Halyard Winch - 2x Lewmar 40, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Mainsail – Elvstrom EPEX, taffeta/technora cruising laminate, in-mast roller reefing, 5 vertical battens. (2014)
- Genoa – Elvstrom EPEX, taffeta/technora cruising laminate, roller reefing, blue UV strip. (2014)
- Staysail – White dacron, hank-on.
- Gennaker – With snuffer. Very lightly used.
- Single stemhead roller.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Stainless steel stanchions mounted on caprail with stainless steel guardwires.
- Guardwire gates port and starboard with central gate in pushpit to access transom.
- Alloy mooring cleats mounted on cap rail forward, midships and aft.
- Tubular stainless steel guard over forward deck ventilator.
- Lewmar Ocean genoa tracks with towable cars controlled from cockpit.
- Lewmar Ocean main sheet track.
- Cockpit table – folding table secured to forward face of binnacle.
- Teak outboard bracket on stern pulpit, with lock for outboard.
- Stainless steel davits for dinghy.
- G&T seats on port and starboard sides of transom.
- Folding stainless steel swimming ladder fixed on transom.
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Bower Anchor – CQR 60lb plough anchor on 70m chain rode.
- Electric Anchor Windlass – Lofrans, low profile with chain gypsy and warping drum.
- Foot button controls on deck forward with second control station in cockpit.
- Selection of fenders
- Selection of mooring warps
- Cockpit tent.
- Fitted cockpit cushions
- Pedestal cover
- DM Proline 2.4m inflatable dinghy with inflatable floor.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Tri-colour masthead light
- Anchor light at masthead
- Low level navigation lights
- Steaming light on mast
- Horseshoe buoy.
- Plastimo Rescue Sling
- CO2 Alarm x2 (2018)