“Hog Penny” is an absolutely adorable Maine built Lobster yacht. This Pemaquid Beach 26 was built in 1995 and re-powered in 2008, “Hog Penny” has been meticulously maintained with constant improvements over the years. Teak decks, teak transom windshield trim and custom teak helm and passenger chairs ratchet this PB26 to a much higher caliber than her sisterships. She is the perfect turn-key family boat for picnics or longer adventures in a classic, stable well built vessel.
For more info contact Eric Roos 207-266-2399 firstname.lastname@example.org
HOG PENNY is an unusual find and a high caliber Pemaquid Beach 26. Unlike many of her sisterships, this Pemaquid Beach 26 has had many options added and high end improvements by the reputable MDI Boat Yard, John Williams Boat Company. She was re-powered with a 260hp Yanmar diesel in 2008 and had custom teak cockpit furniture built and finished in high gloss varnish. With recent new Awl grip hull paint, she looks stunning! If you are looking for the quintessential Down East style family Picnic boat, "Hog Penny" could not be a closer match! With a recent $30k price drop, she is a terrific value and a rare opportunity.
While her primary purpose serves to accommodate and entertain family and friends for day outings in her palatial cockpit with teak sole, "Hog Penny" has a well equipped and functional interior for overnight cruising as well. Her forward centerline v-berth has the convenient 'removable" filler to provide additional floor space when not used as a bunk. There is storage space below the bunk and "Picnic-style" storage hammocks along the hull sheathing on port and starboard sides.
Aft and to port of the v-berth is the simple galley with sink and hot/cold running water. A lift-up galley counter-top reveals convenient space for a YETI cooler and space for additional supplies.
Aft and to Starboard of the v-berth is the head with manual marine toilet and ample storage.
Moving up into the pilothouse/cockpit level, folks will find an abundance of space with elegant varnished teak seating; custom made by John Williams boat Company. Both helm and passenger seats at the windshield are cleverly designed to fold down and stow vertically for excellent accessibility around the engine box which converts to a double berth with fold out leafs and teak support legs. Brilliant!
The overhead liner is sound absorbing and trimmed with varnished teak slats.
A third custom varnished teak bench seat aft completes the high caliber look with the raw teak cockpit sole and varnished window trim.
Her decks are painted beige with non-skid, hull is Awlgripped "Mahogany" and her exterior teak woodwork is highly finished with many coats of high gloss varnish.
And finally, equipped with stainless steel dinghy davits on the aft deck, families can enjoy adventures ashore by adding a small inflatable to this perfect picnic boat package.
* Lewmar electric V1 Windlass with additional help controls
* 35# CQR Anchor with cahin/nylon rode
* Bowmar opening Cabin hatch
* 4 opening cabin ports
* 2 opening overhead pilothouse hatches
* Go Light spotlights
* Radar mast with Dome
* Stainless steel cowl vents
* Raymarine C80 GPS plotter/with Radar ovrlay
* Jensen Stereo with custom wood mounted remote at helm & 4 spekers
* Raymarine Ray 54 VHF
* Azimuth electronic helm compass
* (2) Rule Bilge pumps with float switches
* DC 12v electrical breaker panel & "1,2, both" battery switch
* (2) 4D Batteries
* Navigation lights and anchor light
* Safety gear (PDF's, flares, fire extinguishers)
* Teak ensign and burgee staffs with flags
* Cabin-top mounted stainless steel air horn
* Traditional Ritchie Compass
* Bow and Stern bits and over-size chocks for docklines
* Stainless steel cleats and rubrail
* Teak swim platform
* Trim tabs with helm controls
* Sunbrella cushions for interior and exterior (Blue)
* Sunbrella aft drop curtain to enclose pilothouse from weather
All Improvements made by John Williams Boat Company
- removable stainless steel davits
- Raymarine C80 GPS Chart plotter
- Yanmar 260 diesel and transmission new
- Custom teak fold-away helm and passenger seats
- Opening Center pilothouse window
- New engine insulation and lifting pistons
- New bow/hull docking/spot lights
- Lectrotab trim tabs
- Bottom soda blasted and epoxy barrier coat applied with new antifouling paint
- Added Varnised teak bow sprit
- added stainless steel bow pulpit and anchor roller
- Added Lewmar V1 Windlass
- Insulated pilothouse head liner with varnished teak trim
- Added varnised teak pilothouse corner posts and glass
- New Sunbrella drop curtain to close off cockpit from weather
- New Awlgrip hull paint (Mahogany)
- New varnised teak transom
- New Teak swim platform
- New custom Teak stern seat with cushions
- Replaced 4D batteries
- Added faux teak cockpit scuppers with bungie cords
- Added new teak cockpit sole
- Added teak name boards on port and stbd "Hog Penny"
* Yanmar 260 HP Diesel with single electric multi-display w/ inch and a quarter shaft
4-blade bronze propeller w/ Spur line cutter
* Kansaki Transmission KMH50a 2.13:1 ratio
* Perko Bronze raw water sea strainer
* Racor Fuel filter on main engine
* Single 95 gallon diesel fuel tank (also includes two long-distance wing tanks; port and stbd)
* 25 gallon fresh water tank