This storied yacht is ready for a new owner! Owner has enjoyed her and now its time to move on. She won't be around long at this price!
One of the most celebrated sail yachts under 60ft between Bar Harbour, ME and Grenada… Corsair!
During the past 6 years Corsair has crossed the Atlantic twice and cruised in New England,the Caribbean, Bahamas and two seasons in the Mediterranean. In 2014 it was among the first to cross the finish line in the annual Newport to Nanny Cay regatta.
It’s not unusual in any port for someone to come up and say “I served as crew” or “I know a friend who has sail aboard.” More often, frequently as a matter-of-fact, a passerby will shout-out “beautiful boat!” Built in New England in 1994, Corsair is distinguished by its classic sheer-line, flush deck (with in-laid hatches) and low profile.
Just one of two custom Bristol 57 sloops, Corsair was designed by Dieter Empacher and represents the pinnacle of quality in yacht design, craftsmanship, and materials. Fully automated to sail single-handed and with a heavy displacement, Corsair reliably delivers superior short-handed performance and comfort in all weather conditions facilitated with bow thrusters, powered winches and automated sail furling.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bristol Boat Yard
Designer: Dieter Empacher
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 57 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 78000 lbs
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4200
Engine Power: 140 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (196 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (215 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Designer: Dieter Empacher
Dieter was a member of Little Harbor Boat Yard’s design team for 18 years. As Design Manager he helped create some of the world’s leading off-shore racing and cruising yachts including such well-known as the twelve-meter Independence, the Canadian Cup winner Dynamite, and several of Ted Hood's famous Robins'. Early in 1982 Dieter opened his own yacht design firm and began working with boat yards from Maine to British Columbia including Bristol Yachts.
Builder: Bristol Boat Yard
Even the original Bristol's were built more heavily than comparable production sailboats with features such as skeg-hung rudders, keel-stepped masts, fully encapsulated keel ballast, interior cabinetry bonded to the hull for strength, and heavy fiberglass lay-up. Among the early models were the Carl Alberg designed 27 and the Herreshoff designed 29. Ted Hood’s influence can be found in later Bristol models such as Corsair which aimed for performance without deep draft, a “whale bottom” with a steep deadrise allowing the ballast to be placed low in the hull, and improved interior space. The hull design is particularly known for its comfortable motion in a heavy seaway.
Corsair has been superbly maintained by captains since new and has benefited from caring owners that have spared no expense to keep it in top condition. Refits have included new teak decks, replaced machinery, repainted hull and house, updated rigging, electronics, canvas and much more. In the fall of 2011, a $200,000 refit was completed at Great Island Boatyard, Harpswell, Maine.
- 5 hp Evinrude 2 cycle outboard
- 4 Burner Force 10 Galley Stove
- Roku 55” HD TV
- New main sail
- New Magma barbeque
- All exterior teak sanded and varnished
- Teak decks lightly sanded
- New fitted berth linens
- New anchor light
- New WIFI
- Custom fitted mattress pads and sheets for all six berths
- Cashmere throws and cotton blankets
- King-size down pillows
- Custom mattress pads
- Williams Sonoma dishes and cookware
- Galley refrigeration replaced with two Frigaboat 24 volt/110 volt and one Seafrost 24-volt units that alternatively provide either refrigeration or freezer storage as needed with keel coolers that no longer require a raw water pump.
- Anchor Windlass rebuilt
- August, Refinish all outside varnish with 10 coats of Varnish.
- Serviced main sail and 135% jib from North Sails
- Sand blasted removal of all bottom paint, replaced with 4 coats of epoxy barrier coat and spray paint three coats of Seahawk red bottom paint.
- Install new Icom 802 SSB with tuner.
- Install new 2500 watt full sine wave inverter/charger
- Replace two 8DAGM batteries under main salon table
- Replace prop with a 5-blade feathering whisper prop from PYI ($7,000.00)
- Install Caprea LED flood lights, 4 on aft antenna pedestals, 4 vertical on mast spreaders, 3 downward on mast for deck lights plus two underwater lights to illuminate prop and rudder.
- Rebuild water maker including replacement of membrane in upper tube.
- Remove Rudder, install new custom bronze quadrant, rebuild stuffing box
- Install bilge pump indicator lights in cockpit and bilge counter at nav. station
- Recertify Winslow model 80SLOP 8-man life raft.
- Rebuilt Auqa Drive and replaced Cutlass Bearing on main shaft
- New Garmin:
- 48 mile HD radar
- 6212 plotter at helm
- 4212 plotter at companionway
- 4212 plotter at Nav Station
- GXM51 XM radio and Satellite weather receiver
- Class 600 AIS transceiver
- GSD22 depth sounder.
- New bimini and dodger from Artful canvas of St. Petersburg
- KVH M3 Satellite TV system with Direct TV installed in main salon and aft cabin.
- Inmarsat satellite data and phone system
- LED dome lights throughout interior cabins.
- Replace two 8D AGM batteries in forward cabin.
- New main sail and 135% jib from North Sails, both serviced in June 2015
- New teak decks
- New sheets and halyards
- New storm jib
- All winches fully serviced
- Hull and cabin house repainted
- Hatches refurbished
- Bottom repainted
- Entertainment system upgraded
- New dodger, Bimini, cockpit cushions
- Sharp microwave convection oven
- 2010 Spectra MKII watermaker
- 2009 140 hp Yanmar turbo
- 2009 Fischer Panda 8 kw generator
- 2005 Rod rigging
- 2005 Transformer
- 2005 Maxprop
Interior Layout & Finish
The raised panel interior Cherrywood cabinetry is comparable with the finest high-quality yachts. The spacious three stateroom arrangement features a large salon and galley, private aft master stateroom with ensuite head and separate shower stall, two guest cabins forward with guest head and separate shower. Headroom is exceptional, close to seven feet throughout.
The spacious main salon aft of the mast spans the full beam of Corsair. Daylight and ventilation are provided by two hull portals to port and two to starboard plus two flush deck Rondal hatches above and opening stainless steel portholes. Forward to starboard is a new 50” Roku HDTV. On the centerline inboard of the dinette, is a dry bar/counter. To port is a full-length pull-out settee with storage behind the backrests and the full-length bookshelf.
The large passageway galley is starboard and aft of the companionway. Wide inboard and outboard marble counters provide security while sailing in any weather condition. Two Frigaboat 24 volt/110 volt and one Seafrost 24-volt units alternatively provide either refrigeration or freezer storage as needed. The 4-burner Force 10 stove and oven is augmented by a Sharp convection/microwave oven. Double stainless sinks are inboard below large opening portholes that give light and access directly to the cockpit. Outboard facing opening portholes in the deckhouse provide cross ventilation.
The large L-shaped navigation station is aft of the salon to port at the base of the companionway with a wide navigation desk and return counter. The nav station is surrounded by complete navigation and communication instrumentation, as well as
the 12 volt and 24-volt DC/110 volt AC breaker panels. The custom pivoting navigation chair is very comfortable and turns to face the main salon. The instrument panels fold down for easy access and maintenance. In addition, the nav station includes an impressive electrical control panel for the windlass, motor controls, sailing instruments, fuel and water gauges, and emergency alarm systems.
Owner's Stateroom & Head
The owner's stateroom is aft and extends the full width of the yacht with exceptionally spacious, single and double berths with extra thick mattresses. The double to starboard and the single to port have a comfortable leather seat in between. Two large, cedar-lined hanging lockers are forward to starboard as well as one large hanging locker to port, full bureaus to port and starboard with 8 shelf lockers cabinet storage outboard. The ensuite owner's head is forward to port with a large, stall shower plus foul weather locker with storage behind, full length mirror, electric vacuum-flush head, marble vanity top and a custom nickel-plated under-mounted sink and fixtures.
V-Berth Guest Stateroom
Forward, the first guest stateroom has a large V-berth with a filler to convert to double or lower forming a seat, two full bureaus, two cedar lined hanging lockers and storage cabinets, plus additional drawer and cabinet storage port and starboard. There is a large Rondal flush opening hatch to the foredeck, separate air conditioning control and private door access to the guest head and stall shower.
Bunk Berth Guest Stateroom
The second guest stateroom is arranged with over and under berths, the lower berth being a small double and the upper an extra wide single berth. Large hull port outboard, as well as a flush Rondal hatch opening to flush deck above. There is a vanity/night table with storage below, storage outboard in 3 shelf cabinets and a full hanging/storage locker forward.
Guest & Day Head
Directly across the passageway to port is a large day/guest head complete with stall shower, electric head, mirrors, vanity storage, and black marble counter tops with a custom under-mounted nickel-plated basin.
- Fusion 3 zone stereo DVD IPod wired for XM
- Roku HD 50” flat screen TV (salon) with surround sound
- Samsung DVD player, Bose speakers in main salon
- Insignia 20” flat screen TV in master stateroom
- Flush mounted instruments over nav table
- L-shaped navigation center with flush mounted electrical consoles and very comfortable navigation chair
- Garmin 48 mile HD radar- 2 4212 plotters; 1 5212 plotter
- Simrad Robertson autopilot (with navigation and cockpit control panel). A second back up pump was added 2003
- Autopilot system has a back up hydraulic pump
- Spare autopilot computer on board (requires installation)
- Upper autopilot has remote (cockpit)
- ICOM 802 SSB & Tuner - New 2014
- Inmirsat phone with sailor antenna
- ICOM IC M504
- Ram ICOM VHF with hailing system and horn
- Furuno RD30 wind speed & direction
- Raymarine depth display (below and cockpit)
- Raymarine multi display (below and cockpit)
- Pactor 3 modem offshore email, sailmail system GRIB files
- 12 volt plug
- Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor
- Heart Interface battery monitor
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer on bulkhead
- Windlass master switch
- Harken furler switch
- Heart Tank Tender gauge (fuel and water)
- Bilge pump counter and bilge pump indicator lights in cockpit to notify crew when pumps come on
- 12 volt DC, 24 volt DC/110 volt AC service
- Fischer Panda 8 kw generator, new 2009.
- AC & DC Bass electric breaker panel,
- 40 DC breakers
- 20 AC breakers
- DC volt gauges
- DC amp gauges
- 1 AC amp gauge
- 110 volt breakers include 5 double breakers and 6 single breakers (main panel)
- 8 single breaker AC power sub panel in locker adjacent to nav station
- Heart 3500 inverter and monitor
- New engine AGM starter battery
- Generator AGM starter battery
- 8 Gel cell house batteries in two banks
- Parallel solenoid switches to connect engine and generator batteries to house bank
- All batteries are securely fastened down for offshore sailing
- The main engine has two alternators. 135 amp for the 24-volt house bank and a separate alternator for the engine starting battery
- Battery charger operated on 110 volt shore power or generator
- 12-volt plugs at nav center
- 110 volt outlets in every cabin (ground fault in heads)
- Courtesy lights
- All cabins have LED red or white lights.
- Vertical LED lights on mast from both sets of spreaders
- Two separate shore power inlets and cords
- Anchor light (new 2018)
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 140 hp turbo diesel, new 2009 (4200 hrs)
- Generator water pump rebuilt (2018)
- Max prop whisper prop 5 blade - new 2014 2 $7000
- 24v Westmar dual prop bow thruster model DPC12E-10, with stainless steel guards
- Easy access dual Racor fuel filters accessed through aft shower engine room door
- Spare Balmar alternator and voltage regulator (installation required)
- Gray water tank (sink/showers) with level indicator
- Five fuel tanks (new) (57 gal, two 49 gal, 60 gal, 65 gal) 280 gallons total
- Four stainless water tanks total 196 gallons
- Spectra Newport Mark II (2010) 700 gpd watermaker - totally automatic with auto back flushing
- 3 Marine Air AC systems with digital controls
- Electric manual fresh water heads with y-valve for direct discharge or to holding tanks. Both holding tanks have electric macerator pump outs
- Auto fire extinguisher on engine room
- Oil charge pump for engine and generator
- Aqualarm systems monitor for bilge, oil pressure, flow pressure temperature & fire
- Auto pilot system has back-up hydraulic pump installed
- 6 flush prisms
- 6 custom flush Rondal hatches
- Six fixed hull ports
- 10 s/s opening ports
- Screens for all hatches
- Boarding ladder
- Side swim ladder
- Large deck box
- Passerelle (2012)
- Fresh water wash down aft
- Saltwater wash down forward
- LED deck lights
- Varnished teak toe rail
- Fiberglass sandwich deck construction
- Awlgrip painted mahogany rubrail with stainless oval
- Ideal vertical windlass with chain and rope gypsy, switches & hand operated
- Anchor platform with double s/s anchor rollers
- 60 lb stainless CQR with 300' chain & rode
- LED lighting on aft deck on both antenna pedestals
- 3 flush deck hatches for storage areas with Rondal hardware
- Polished stainless-steel stanchions, pulpits & 8 custom dorades
- Extra-large sail locker area forward with deck access
- Very large lazarette with access through two flush deck hatches aft
- Cockpit dining table with two opening leaves
- 9.5' Achilles hard bottom rib with 5HP Evinrude 2-cycle Outboard
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull construction with alternating layers of fiberglass matte and roving
- Flag blue Awlgrip hull paint with gold cove stripe and double white boot top and red bottom - Nov. 2011
- Centerboard design with 6' draft (board up) and 11'5" (board down). Board raised with winch inside cockpit, which was removed, checked and rebuilt in 2011
- Marlon through hull fittings throughout
- Under water light above rudder and propeller
Sails & Rigging
- Hood carbon Stowaway mast (updated motor), repainted at Florida Rigging, 2011
- All new wiring 2014
- Complete new rod rigging 2005
- Inmast roller furling, fully serviced 2011
- Stoway main sail new 2018
- New mainsail (2018)
- Storm jib (2011)
- Trysail track on mast (2002)
- Vertical LED lights on mast from both sets of spreaders
- All Lewmar fully serviced, with the windlass, in 2011
- Two 66 CST electric primary winches
- One 58 CST electric outhaul winch
- One 58 CST mainsheet winch
- Two secondary 58 CST winches
- Three 48 CST winches on mast
- One 44 CST winch on mast
- One 40 CST winch
- All exterior canvas new 2014
- Full set of cockpit cushions 2011
- Companionway dodger by Artful Canvas 2014
- Full cockpit bimini by Artful Canvas 2013
- All dorade, binnacle, wheel and winch covers, and life raft cover 2011
- Wheel re-leathered in 2011
- Winslow 8-person Type A life raft with canister mounted in S/S rack, serviced 2014
- MOB module
- 3 sets of harnesses
- 2 horseshoe life rings
- 10 life jackets
- Coast Guard safety equipment including flares, bell and air horns (complete USCG compliance)
- Auto fire extinguisher for engine room
- High water alarm at nav station
2009 Achillies 9ft. hard bottom rib in excellent condition with Evinrude 5 HP, 2-cycle
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.