SIGNIFICANT PRICE REDUCTION!!!
Full Monty is a tried and true cruising catamaran that is ready to take your family across distant horizons. Her current owners have sailed her through the coastal waters of the US, to the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, as far north as Alaska, through many island chains of the South Pacific, and back to the US. She has proven herself in all sorts of seas and sailing conditions. She is the perfect boat for any buyer looking for a comfortable and capable family cruising catamaran at an affordable price.
The hull of the Privilege 482-S was built with the objective of comfort and security. Therefore, Full Monty is a very solidly built catamaran that carries her weight well and sails nicely, especially in winds over 15kts. She has been lovingly maintained and will provide her next owner with many more years of comfortable and safe cruising. She would also make a great candidate for an owner-operated charter business!
The "S" model of the Privilege 482 was based on a modification that the builders made to the hull design in 1993. This modification was done in order to improve the sailing qualities of the vessel compared to the older models of the 482. In 1994 the stern scoops were extended and the vessel was rechristened the Privilege 51.
A copy of our exclusive Catamaran Condition Index Report on this vessel is available for serious buyers!
You can contact me directly!
Andrew Hodgdon - Associate Broker at The Multihull Company
Entering the boat from the cockpit is the Main Salon with two dining tables and the settees. The headroom in the salon is 6.5ft. In between is the door to the Crew Quarters. Downstairs to port are two staterooms, each with a double berth and en suite head. There is air conditioning, heating, and generous storage. Port midship is the Galley. Downstairs to starboard are the two other staterooms, each with a double berth and en suite head. Starboard midship are several lockers for storage, the electrical panel, and a separate crew shower. Throughout the vessel, the interior wood is cherry and the ceilings are covered with white cloth liners.
The Main Salon is located upstairs midship and is wide and spacious, with two dining tables covered with varnished cherry wood, and two settees in “L” on both sides. The salon offers enough seating for about 10 guests. The navigation station is located on the starboard side of the salon. It has a nav table, instrumentation panel, and a chair.
There are four heads. The two heads forward each have a sink, a raw water toilet, and a full shower. The aft two heads each have a sink and a raw water toilet, and showers are possible with the retractable sink fixtures. Each head is separated from its cabin with a door. Heads and showers have electronic controls, except the port aft toilet is a manual pump. The water tanks and the 140 liters/hour (35 gal/hr) water maker allow you to get as much water as necessary for life aboard. There is also a water heater aboard.
The Crew Quarters are separate from the other cabins. It is located upstairs, midship forward with access through a door in the salon. Inside the Crew Quarters there is a sink, clothes washer, and a lot of storage. The crew shower is to starboard downstairs and separate from the rest of the cabins with its own access, a door and curtain. The Crew Quarters also has a larger access hatch forward on deck.
• 2 Dining Tables (with storage)
• 2 Settees
• Teak Floor Covering (Laminate)
• Air Conditioning / Heating
• Portable Washing Machine (1 cubic foot)
• Sony AM/FM Radio/CD player
• 4 Speakers (2 inside / 2 outside)
• LED Ceiling Lighting
There is a fully equipped chart table / navigation station to starboard in the main salon. Electronics are available for long distance cruising, like SSB, VHF, AIS, radar, and chart plotter.
• Garmin Autopilot (2012)
• Raymarine Digital Radar (2012)
• Raymarine Chart Plotter (2012)
• Vesper Marine AIS WatchMate (2012)
• Raymarine Speed
• Raymarine Depth Sounder (2003)
• Standard Horizon Explorer VHF (2016)
• External Mount VHF Hand Unit (2016)
• Icom M710 MF/HF Marine Transceiver SSB (2003)
• Pactor PTC-IIpro (2003) (PTC III firmware upgrade, new electrolytic capacitors 2014)
• Chart Table
• ATECH Wireless Weather Station / Clock
• Instrument Panel
In 2007, the electrical system was re-designed with the addition of a 120V system. Since 2012, many old wires have been removed and the electrical system “cleaned up”.
• 12V DC / 120V AC / 220V AC Electrical System (120V added 2007)
• 600 Amp Hour Lithium Ion House Battery Bank LiFePO4 (2012)
• 235-Watt x 3 Solar Panels (2012)
• Outback 60 MPPT Controller (2012)
• 12.5-15 kW Westerbeke Generator (2003, complete rebuild 2012, electrical replaced 2015)
• Sinergex PureSine2 2000W Pure Sine Wave DC to AC Inverter (2012)
• Victron MultiPlus 120A / 220V / 3000W Inverter/Charger (2017)
• Dockside Electrical Cable & Switch
The Galley is located in the port side hull. It is fully equipped for long passages or charters and can stock fresh and dry provisions for 2-4 weeks (or longer). There are also many storage areas for dry food upstairs in the salon, below the settees, and inside the two dining tables.
• 4-Burner Propane Stove (Inox)
• 2 Fiberglass Propane Tanks (2012)
• 1 Keel-Cooled Refrigerator (2012)
• 1 Keel-Cooled Deep Freeze (2012)
• 1 Engine-Driven Refrigerator (not hooked up)
• LED Lighting (over counters)
• Double-sided Sink with Extra Tall Faucet
• Pressurized Fresh Water
• Salt Water Foot Pump
• Storage Compartments
• Built-In Trash/Recycling Bins
• Built-In Knife Holder
• Spice Shelf
In January 2001, a brand-new Volvo MD22 was installed on the starboard side. In 2011, the port engine, a 1993 Perkins PRIMA 50 was replaced with a 1997 model with only 150 hours on it.
• Volvo MD22 50hp Diesel Engine Starboard (2001)
• Perkins PRIMA 50 50hp Diesel Engine Port (1997) (new transmission 2012)
• 12.5-15 kW Westerbeke Generator (2003, complete rebuild 2012, electrical replaced 2015)
• Fuel Filters (port & starboard)
• Fresh Water Cooling System
• Fuel Shut-Off Valves
• 2 Propellers 20R15 3-Blade (2012)
• Gear Boxes
• 2 Shafts
• Emergency Engine Stop
• Oil Filters
• Engine Temperature Alarm
• Oil Pressure Alarm
• Water Temperature Alarm
• 4 Fuel Tanks
• Bilge Pumps with Automatic & Manual Switches (2004)
• Bilge Alarm
• Engine Room Sound Insulation
• 2 x 16500 BTU Flagship Marine Air Conditioners, Inox (2004) (heating coil added 2016)
• AquaSet 140 l/h IH0254 Watermaker (low-pressure pump 2012, osmosis membrane 2018)
Standing rigging was replaced in 2016, except for the diamonds. Rigging has been checked prior to every offshore passage, as well as each time someone goes aloft. Sails are in good to fair condition.
• Gennaker with Anti-UV Strip (2003)
• Jib with Anti-UV Strip (Secondhand 2012)
• Full Batten Main Sail (1999)
• Lazy Pack (2005)
• Hank-On Staysail/Trysail
• Spinnaker with Sock (1993, partially repaired 2016)
• ProFurl NEC 4T Gennaker Roller Furling (2003)
• ProFurl 52 Jib Roller Furling (rebuilt 2018)
• Marechal Aluminum Mast
The Privilege 482-S deck is spacious and wide. There are cockpit cushions, plus two aft deck sun cushions (2003). A large Sunbrella bimini (2011) covers the cockpit, with two removable flaps on the port and starboard sides, as well as two aft flaps. The bimini is attached on a fixed stainless-steel arch. The helm wheel is covered in leather (2016), and there is also a canvas cover for the wheel and controls at the helm.
• 88-lb Rocna Anchor (2012)
• 200 feet ½-inch chain (2012)
• 200 feet 1¼-inch rhode (2012)
• Lofran Tiger Windlass 1500 Watts (complete rebuild 2018)
• 2 Remote Windlass Controls (at helm & at nav table)
• Anchor Davit
• 2 Lifelines on each side of boat (2003)
• Dinghy Davits
• 2 Transom Swim Platforms (swim ladder on port transom)
• 2 Drogue Plates, Stainless-Steel & Extra Backing (installed 2012)
• 2 Parachute Anchor Plates, Stainless-Steel & Extra Backing (installed 2012)
• 2 Size 58 Lewmar Self-Tailing Winches
• 4 Size 48 Lewmar Self-Tailing Winches
• 1 Size 44 Lewmar Self-Tailing Winch
• 1 Size 40 Lewmar Self-Tailing Winch
• 17 Hatches, 8 Ports (new glass 2012)
• 2 Goiot Escape Hatches (new glass 2014)
• Bow & Stern Navigation Lights
• Tri-color Navigation Light
• Mooring Light
• Life Jackets (Assorted Spinlock Inflatable PFDs and standard orange PFDs)
• Floating Automatic Light
• Life Sling (2012)
• Givens Life Raft, 6-Man (2009, repacked in 2012)
• Fire Extinguishers
• Radar Reflector
Full Monty is set up as a family cruiser and is equipped to carry many of the "toys" that we have enjoyed over the years. She even has a set up for self sustained Scuba diving!
• Yamaha 15hp 4-stroke Outboard engine (fair condition)
• Bauer II Dive Compressor
• Two Scuba tanks
• Scuba tank racks (in the forward starboard lazarette)
• Two kayak / surfboard racks (on deck)
• Two fishing rod holders at the stern, one to starboard and one to port
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.