Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 42 ft 9 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Ballast: 8500 lbs
Total Power: 46 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: W-46 fwc diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 594
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 46 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
BALLEY-BA-LAR is a one owner Sou’wester 42 Stoway Sloop that offers a cherry, dinette interior and plenty of storage space. BALLY-BA-LAR has always been Hinckley Yard maintained and stored 1987 to present.
Some recent Spring 2019 Work:
- New Raymarine 12” Axiom Radar/GPS multifunction display and radome
- Service Max prop
- Service seacocks
- Service vacuflush head
- Service Espar heater
- Service refrigeration
- Bleach and flush water tanks
- Clean and sand and all exterior varnish
- Clean and Awl-Care topsides
HULL and DECK
- White gelcoat topsides
- White house and deck with light green molded-in nonskid.
- Gold leaf cove stripe
- Red Boottop
- Green Bottom
- Varnished teak exterior teak trim
- Stainless steel guardrail at sheer
Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck. Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight. The core is deleted and the hull reinforced with additional laminations in all high stress areas. Hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts to form a single unit that is strong and light. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio. The deck is set in a 6" flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place.
- Shoal keel with centerboard
- Fiberglass centerboard with a bronze leading edge and operated by pennant with a winch in cockpit.
- The rudder is cored fiberglass, skeg-mounted on a stainless rudder shaft.
- Custom stainless steel cast stemhead with port & stbd chocks
- HRH stainless steel bow roller
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with port & starboard gates
- Stainless steel genoa tracks on deck and coamings,
- Cleats include springline cleats
- Varnished teak handrails
- Chrome cowl vents (with shut-offs) in a varnished teak double dorade box with storage and a stainless steel guard
- 12V outlet on deck (in extra list)
- (3) Double opening hatches with screens and white translucent hatch covers
- White formica cover on flush aft lazarette
- Stern pulpit has built-in stainless steel stern folding boarding ladder with teak treads.
- Edson pedestal steering with custom wood steering wheel
- Cockpit Dodger – windowed 3-piece white, zipper front window, stainless steel bows, and stainless steel grab rail covered with elkhide
- Cockpit Table – Pedestal mounted fold-down varnished teak
- Cockpit Cushions
- Danforth binnacle compass in chrome binnacle with stainless steel binnacle guard
- Helm step – folding, aft of helm
This Hinckley SW-42 has a large "T" shaped cockpit with teak-capped coaming which comfortably accommodates a large crew, but is also well laid out for short handed sailing. There are built-in stainless steel-lined coaming pockets and the opening cockpit seats have molded-in nonskid. The teak cockpit sole has built in drainage scuppers. Barient #32 ST electric genoa winches are within easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary. The cockpit dodger offers excellent protection, and visibility is unobscured from the helm.
- Sailing instruments are in a varnished teak box with white plexiglass cover above the companionway and also mounted at the helm.
- Engine gauges and boat switches are handy to the helmsman
- Multiple opening watertight storage lockers including the lazarette and cockpit seats.
- Total of 6 winches at the cockpit area.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine 12” Axiom Pro Hybrid Multifunction Radar/GPS touch display at helm (2019) + Quantum Q24D Doppler 18” digital Raydome (2019) on mast
- Autohelm 6000 Autopilot with remote handheld steering control
- ICOM IC-M412 VHF
- Mounted compass -nav station
- Mounted Danforth compass – cockpit binnacle
- Clock - custom mounted at cockpit companionway
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth - cockpit companionway
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed and Log - cockpit companionway
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind Speed/Wind Direction - cockpit companionway
- Stereo CDX-5 CD player with CDX meter
- Stereo FM/cassette player – galley
- TV/FM antenna - masthead
BALLEY-BA-LAR sleeps up to six in two cabins including an open aft quarterberth. Her interior is varnished Cherry wood with white overhead and cherry trim. Her teak and holly cabin sole is finished bright.
- Cabins cushions are muli-color.
- Lots of storage
- Portlights and double opening hatches with screens supply natural light and ventilation
- Opening ports with screens – in forward cabin, head and aft quarterberth to cockpit
- Overhead dorade shut-offs
- Interior lighting throughout is by brass fixtures and additional dome lights have been added where necessary.
- The interior is heated with an Espar DL4 cabin heater.
- Stereo FM cassette and separate CD disc player
Starting forward, the OWNER CABIN has "V" berths forward.
- Insert with cushion creates a double berth
- Seat between berths has storage within the seat and a matching cushion.
- Drawer storage beneath the berths
- Locker storage over outboard port & starboard berth
- Cedar-lined hanging locker
- 3-drawer bureau with locker w/shelf outboard
- Full-length mirror on the forward side of cabin door
- (2) 12-volt brass lights
- (2) Double opening hatches with screens - provide extra natural light and ventilation
A cherry door separates this cabin from the main salon and there is also a private door to the head. There are forward access doors to the forepeak chain locker that is partitioned for chain and rope storage.
HEAD: (Next aft to port)
The Head offers private access to the forward owner's cabin and has a separate door to the main salon.
The head is finished in cherry wood and has white formica flooring with teak slats.
- China Blue White formica countertop is mounted on a varnished cherry vanity
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures has hot and cold pressure water
- Handheld shower
- Vacuflush marine head with Y-valve
- Storage lockers include shelves
- Opening port with screen for extra ventilation.
- Mirror over sink
- (2) 12 volt lights – one on either side of mirror
- Stainless steel hand rail/towel bars
Forward starboard in the Main Cabin, across from the head, are a full-length hanging locker with shelf over and a bureau with a locker over outboard, forward of the settee.
The Main Cabin also includes:
- Port and starboard ports providing plenty of natural light.
- A large double-opening overhead hatch with screen is above the centerline.
- (5) 12-volt brass lights in the main cabin
- Centerline stainless steel hand poles fore and aft at the dining table
- A half bulkheads with cut-in handholds separate the Nav area and Galley from the main salon area.
The forward MAIN SALON area features a Dinette to port and a transom berth and entertainment center to starboard.
- A settee/pull-out transom berth has storage under and behind the berth
- The Entertainment Center is over outboard and has panel door fore and aft lockers with a center alcove/bookshelf. A CD player is located in the fwd locker along with a TV shelf and 12V TV antenna outlet.
- (2) 12V brass lamps - mounted over the bureau forward of the settee/transom berth.
- A stereo speaker is mounted on the forward bulkhead
- The U-shaped Dinette is to port with a varnished cherry drop-leaf dining table that can be lowered to form a double berth. A drop-leaf allows for easy access. There is storage in and behind the settees.
- Forward and aft lockers are outboard the dinette with a center alcove bookshelf.
- Clock, barometer and a stereo speaker are mounted on the forward bulkhead
- (2) 12V brass lamps - mounted fore and aft in the dinette area
Aft of the starboard settee is a full Nav Station that faces forward and has a full-size cherry nav table and built-in cushioned nav seat.
- Varnished cherry opening nav desk has chart storage within.
- Table has 3 drawer storage inboard
- Alcove storage with shelf outboard
- Two overhead dome lights
- Outboard 12-volt/110-volt electrical panel – with LED’s and expanded amp gauges
- (2) 12-volt outlets
AFT QUARTERBERTH AREA (Starboard):
The open Quarterberth Area is aft of the nav station and starboard of the companionway.
- Berth with storage under and locker storage over outboard
- Shelf and locker storage aft with more storage under
- Custom opening portlight with screen to cockpit
- Switches and engine access inboard panel
- 12-volt brass light
- Dome light
GALLEY (Aft to port):
Aft to port, the U-shaped Galley that has a China Blue Formica countertop and varnished cherry cabinetry separated from the main salon by a half bulkhead with custom handhold cut in. There is a built-in teak sold dustpan.
- Forward, the countertop includes a fold-up matching formica cutting board leaf inboard. A double stainless steel sink has hot and cold pressure water and a brass freshwater hand pump. Lift-top trap locker storage is outboard the sink. There is storage under the sink.
- Outboard is a gimballed Shipmate propane 3-burner stove with oven and broiler. Storage lockers are outboard the stove. Custom matching formica stove cover hides-away when not in use.
- Aft is lift-top access to the Grunert deep-bin electric AR-50 refrigeration and freezer. Over the aft countertop is shelf and locker storage. Over is a marinetics LP gas switch.
- Dome lights
- 110-volt outlet
- Hinckley glass/mug rack – port of companionway
- Hinckley glass rack – stbd of companionway
- Hinckley paper towel rack
- Hinckley custom knife rack – forward countertop
- Custom galleyware locker - behind companionway
- The aft companionway steps to the cockpit are centerline and removable. There are port and starboard varnished handrails.
- There is engine access behind the removable steps and sliding door galleyware storage behind the top step.
SAILS and RIGGING
- Electric stoway main mast with double spreaders, with back-up.
- Stainless steel 1 x 19 wire rigging and tensioners.
- Harken II headstay system
- Harken traveler on housetop
- Main, jib halyard and spinnaker halyards
- Hall Quickvang on boom
- Insulated backstay
W1NCHES: (All Barient) – 8 total
- (2) #32 ST Primaries –forward cockpit
- (2) #32 electric ST Secondaries – aft cockpit
- (2) #24 ST – cockpit companionway – under dodger
- (2) #24 – multi-purpose - by mast
- Stoway Main - (2015)
- Furling Genoa – (2015)
- Old genoa
Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories, each with 12-volt batteries and separate alternators.
- Engine: 105-amp hour batteries with 65-amp alternator and emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries.
- Accessories: 450 amp/hrs - Four deep-cycle 6-volt batteries with 105-amp hour alternator.
- Bulkhead and dome 12-volt lighting
- 12V DC circuit breaker panel
- Spare 30-amp DC circuit breaker
Shore charging 110-volt system:
- Sentry 40-amp converter with one 110-volt outlet
- 50 ft. 30-amp shore cord with 30 to 15 amp adaptor and inlet.
- 110-volt outlets in head and galley
- Separate 110-volt modified circuit breaker panel with voltmeter and ammeter.
- Spare AC 30-amp breaker
All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping.
1988 Westerbeke FWC 46-hp diesel engine with Hurth 2:1 reduction gear, Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft with spurs and 3-blade Max prop.
- Racor fuel filter and water separator
- Oil pressure gauge
- Engine temperature gauge
- Amp/meter gauge
- Oil low pressure alarm
- Coolant high temperature alarm
- Oil 12V sump pump
- Sump tank 12-volt pump.
- Large automatic bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump.
- Jabsco 6900 salt water deck wash pump
- Sound insulated engine compartment with blower
- (2) Dry chemical fire extinguishers,(1) Halon automatic fire extinguisher (engine room), (1) CO2 nav table
- Marinetics LP gas switch
- 12-gallon hot water heater
- Monel fuel tank
- (2) Stainless steel fresh water tanks
- Holding tank
- Espar DL4 cabin heater
- Boat hook
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- White horse shoe lifering with bracket
- Life jackets
- Coast Guard emergency kit
- Lensref radar reflector
- Freshwater deck wash
- Salt water deck wash
- HRH teak outboard motor bracket - stern pulpit
- One step boarding ladder – mounts on genoa track
- Cover – Cockpit binnacle, wheel and table
- Avon 310 RIB liferaft
- Yamaha 8-hp outboard
- Ideal MCW 12-volt electric windlass w/9/32” chain gypsy
- 35# Danforth anchor – bow roller
- 20# Danforth HT Anchor - mounted in cockpit locker
- 200’ x 9/32” galvanized chain
- 200’ x 5/8” twisted nylon anchor rode
- Yachtsman storm anchor – stored in varnished teak chocks on house top
*Exclusions: Personal gear and galley supplies
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.