CHARLOTTE ANNE was purchased by her fourth owner in 2012. He has performed an extensive refit over the last 4 years, which is well-documented in the listing above. The 3208TA Cats were removed and rebuilt along with the transmissions; the engine space was redesigned and almost all mechanical and electrical equipment is new (see above). The owner has reported that the reason he purchased CHARLOTTE ANNE was her outstanding handling and sea keeping characteristics. She turns in her own length due to her large rudders, she is extremely dry in a head sea, and she can handle a following sea well. Of course, the interior joinerwork of a Wilbur 38 is well-known as being superb, and the two stateroom layout is the preferred and desired layout. Please come and inspect this handsome cruiser. The upgrades and work have all been done, and now the cruising may begin.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 43 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450
RECENT UPDATES & IMPROVEMENTS BY PRESENT OWNER SINCE 2012:
• Inspected four S/S fuel tanks, inserted inspection ports to monitor condition.
• Engine beds cleaned and painted.
• New Racor 900MA units relocated to more convenient position in engine room.
• New Racor 500 unit for genset.
• New Groco raw water filters for engine and genset, relocated for convenience to maintain.
• New raw water hoses.
• New Raritan Elegance electric head system and 35 gallon holding tank, macerator and sanitation hoses.
• New Reverso oil change system.
• New Torrid 2000w water heater, 17 gallon.
• New Jabsco freshwater pump, 4.2 gph.
• Two new Lifeline 8D AGM batteries and cables, relocated to engine room.
• New Fireboy automatic FE-241 system.
• New Lewmar forward hatches.
• All new engine hatches to improve engine access with new Sounddown insulation.
• New solid teak and holly sole.
• New helm dash at upper and lower helms, with all new Murphy engine gauges and wiring.
• New Venturi wind deflector on flybridge.
• New Maxwell windlass with 30' of chain and 200' of rode - dual foot pedals at bow.
• New 1 3/4" Aquamet 22 shafts and cutlass bearings; new razor cutters on shafts.
• New PSS shaft seals.
• New S/S backing plates for V-struts.
HULL & DECK:
• Solid fiberglass hull; fiberglass/balsa cored decks and superstructure.
• Aristo blue Awlgripped hull topsides, year painted unknown.
• White boottop, black bottom.
• Painted white superstructure.
• Varnished exterior teak.
• S/S bow rail and stanchions, extends aft to aft end of trunk cabin.
• Teak swim platform.
• Teak bowsprit with roller.
• Laid and caulked solid teak cockpit sole.
• 2016 S/S ladder- all welds reinforced with teak treads to flybridge.
• Dual helms with Hynautic-Hydraulic wheel steering with Panish controls.
• Varnished teak spoked wheel at lower helm; Elkhide-covered S/S wheel on centerline at flybridge.
• Two solid fiberglass rudders.
• S/S opening portlights.
• Four sliding opening windows in salon.
• Flybridge has centerline swivel helm seat with cover, L-shaped portside seating and starboard back-to-back seats for total seating for six.
• New Venturi windshield on flybridge.
• Fiberglass keel repaired above both struts.
• Rebuilt aft cockpit bulkhead with new fiberglass supports in engine room.
• Flybridge bimini with 3 sided panel.
• Flybridge cushions (older).
• White Edson dinghy davits (removable).
Fuel: 480 gallons in 4 aluminum tanks.
Water: 100 gallons in 2 S/S tanks.
Holding: 30 gallons in new poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Twin Cat 3208TA 375 hp diesels, FWC, with approximately 125 hours in 2017 (since rebuild).
• Both engines removed from the boat, rebuilt by Casco Bay Diesel, stripped down to the blocks.
• 2017 engines have 110 hours since rebuild in 2013-2014.
• Crankshaft and camshaft inspected and found to be in excellent condition.
• Both blocks were bored and sleeved; blocks reconditioned.
• New IPD 3 pistons and rings.
• Strarboard heads replaned and renewed, port head Cat replacement.
• Rebuilt both raw water pumps.
• Rebuilt both fuel injection pumps.
• New turbo on starboard engine and new turbo housing on port engine.
• New airseps on each engine.
• Preheaters on engine installed but not wired.
• New 25 x 24 4 bladed props by Accutech.
• New Volvo Penta trim tabs.
• New side exhausts with new exhaust hoses and two new pyrometers to measure exhaust.
• Rebuilt heat exchangers.
• Both Twin Disc MG507 2:1 transmissions rebuilt 2013, including new clutch plates and couplings.
• New 1 3/4" S/S shafts.
• All new flexible hoses associated to main engines.
• New 90A engine alternators.
• New Galvanic isolator.
• Engine room fitted with new Sounddown insulation.
• New Panish engine controls with new cables.
• New PSS dripless shaft seals, new cutlass bearings, new engine mounts, new wiring sensors.
Cruising speed: 13 knots @ 2300 RPM.
Maximum speed: 18-19 knots @ 2750 RPM.
• 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems.
• 2013 2-8D AGM Lifeline batteries and cables.
• Original Westerbeke 8kw diesel generator (750 hours), overhauled in 2013 with new valves, belts, and rebuilt fuel injectors.
• 2013 90A engine alternator.
• New Blue Seas remote switch panel.
• New Victron inverter-charger with VE.NET Blue Power Monitor panel.
• New Torrid 17 gallon hot water heater.
• 2-30 amp shore service with upgraded receptacles and adapters.
• High water alarm.
• Three 112V Rule bilge pumps, 2000 gph, 1500 gph; Rule 800 shower sump pump.
• 2016 Cruiseair-Dometic two zone air conditioners.
• New Maretron tank monitor.
• For four in two separate staterooms, a main salon with galley up, and one enclosed head with separate stall shower.
• The interior is finished in the usual high quality "Wilbur" standard, with varnished teak, trim & cabinets, white bulkheads, a new white acoustical overhead headliner throughout, and a new varnished teak and holly sole with redesigned engine hatches to access the machinery spaces efficiently.
• From the large, spacious cockpit one enters the main cabin through a salon door.
• The galley is L-shaped to port, with an L-shaped settee to starboard.
• Next forward is the lower helm with a handsome teak spoked wheel, helm console with all new engine gauges, and new electronics.
• A storage cabinet is forward to port, which houses the new air conditioning in the lower half.
• The galley includes a new dual voltage Norcold refrigerator, a sink, a new Force 10 three burner electric stove and oven, numerous lockers and drawers.
• Next forward and down three steps is a guest cabin to port with upper and lower bunks and hanging locker.
• Opposite is the enclosed head with an attractive blue tiled sole and shower sole, a corner sink and separate shower.
• Further forward is the owner's stateroom with two wide vee berths with filler to form a large queen.
• The hull sides are sheathed in varnished spruce.
• There are numerous drawers, lockers and hanging lockers.
• The chain locker is further forward.
• The interior refit included all new beige 5" berth cushions by Bayview Rigging, and new brass reading lights throughout. New 2016 fabrics in salon and vee berth.
• 2013 Simrad 8" NSS color plotter.
• Platinum charts for Northeast and Canyons.
• Original Simrad AP 22 autopilot.
• 2013 Simrad 4G radar.
• Simrad WIFI.
• 2013 ICOM VHF with additional command mic.
• 2013 Garmin GMI 20 instruments, sounder, speed-log & temp.
• 2013 Airmar B164 transducer.
• Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass.
• 2016 Simrad 12" NSS EV02 Radar-Plotter with 4G scanner (with safe emissions- doesn't radiate radiation).
• 2013 Simrad 8" NSS color chartplotter-radar.
• Original Simrad AP22 autopilot.
• 2013 Garmin GMI 20 instrument (2).
• Ritchie Powerdamp compass.
• 2013 ICOM VHF.
• 2013 Maxwell Nielsen windlass, dual action.
• Bruce anchor with 3/8" galvanized chain.
• 2012 9.8 North Atlantic inflatable, aluminum bottom with Tohatsu 4 hp, 4 stroke outboard.
• Canvas cover for windshield.
• New LED lights and new brass reading lights.
• New water pressure pump.
• New Wema water tank gauge.
• Three windshield wipers.
• Magma BBQ grill.
• Igloo refrigerator.
• Brass clock and barometer.
• Cockpit shower.
• Two canvas folding deck chairs.
• Life jackets.
• Fenders and docklines.
• Fire extinguishers.
• Two new Marinco horns.
• Carved duck models.
COMMENTS: CHARLOTTE ANNE was purchased by her fourth owner in 2012. He has performed an extensive refit over the last 4 years, which is well-documented in the listing above. The 3208TA Cats were removed and rebuilt along with the transmissions; the engine space was redesigned and almost all mechanical and electrical equipment is new (see above). The owner has reported that the reason he purchased CHARLOTTE ANNE was her outstanding handling and sea keeping characteristics. She turns in her own length due to her large rudders, she is extremely dry in a head sea, and she can handle a following sea well. Of course, the interior joinerwork of a Wilbur 38 is well-known as being superb, and the two stateroom layout is the preferred and desired layout. Please come and inspect this handsome cruiser. The upgrades and work have all been done, and now the cruising may begin.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.