1987 Dudley Dix Hout Bay 50
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Sant Carles, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 800,000 Tax Not Paid (A$ 1,279,055)
Dudley Dix Hout Bay 50, 1987
Semi-long keel, hard chined, Ford Sabre 212hp
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8023 0100
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 17.60 m
Beam: 4.20 m
LWL: 12.0 m
Maximum Draft: 2.20 m
Displacement: 28000 kgs
Total Power: 212 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Sabre
Engine Model: 212c
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 212 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: (700 Litres)
Holding Tanks: (100 Litres)
Number of heads: 2
- Ford Sabre 212c
- Bourg Warner shaft drive
- 700 litre fuel tank
- Sea water cooling
- 3 Blade fixed propeller
- Engine believed to have been replaced in about 2000
- 11 batteries
- Battery charger - Victron 50A
- Generator - 8kW petrol
- Invertor - Mastervolt 2kW
- The house bank consists of 8 x 6v trojan batteries wired in packs of two for the 12V system. They have about 800Ah. They are about 5 years old.
- The engine bank consists of 2 large cranking batteries of about 130Ah each in series = 260Ah and are about the same age.
- The anchor winch battery is maybe 2 years older than the others.
- The generator is air cooled 8 kVA from Pramac and has always been covered and looks like new although it is 14 years old. It has less than 2000 running hours.
- Autopilot - Raymarine - 2008
- GPS x 2
- Depth - 2004
- VHF x 2 - ICOM
- Radar - needs servicing
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Schooner rigged
- Galvanised standing rigging
- Mainsail reefing
- Sails are all Lee Sails in Brown Dacron and over 10 years
- The standing rigging is all galvanized. It is the same as when I bought the boat in 2004. It is still in good condition as there are no broken strands.
- The running rigging consists only of the running backstays for the main. The upper half is galvanized and the lower half synthetic rope which probably could do with renewing.
- There are four winches which are not self-tailing.
- There are 6 sails
- The main was torn once because someone bound the reefing lines to the boom. I have repaired it and it has held well since
- The gaff sail on the foremast is still in good condition as well as the 3 head sails.
- The top sail has only been flown once.
Interior & Domestic
- 6 Berths in 2 cabins
- 2 heads one with shower and holding tank
- Cold pressurised water
- The shower has hot water from an on-demand water heater
- 2m headroom
- Galley with oven, grill and burners
- Fridge and freezer
- 250 litre water tank
- New covers for the upholstery in 2007.
- Steel deck
- 50kg Bruce anchor
- 35 kg CQR
- 50 m Chain 12 mm plus 50m Warp 1
- Lofrans 12v windlass
- 6 man liferaft
- 2 x 12v bilge pumps
- Gas detector
- 2.2m ply dinghy with sail
The boat was built in Cape Town in 1987 and was then sailed to America. I bought her there in 2004 and sailed her back to Spain. At the beginning of 2005 I moved her to Smir, Morocco and took the whole boat apart, sandblasted the hull and repainted it. I also built new booms and bowsprit, installed the water maker and generator and many other things. Since then I have been sailing in the Med. and was twice in Sardinia. At the moment I spend most of the time in Mallorca.
- Evidence of 5 years clear title.
- VAT payment receipt on completion of sale if required
- RCD - her current status means any buyer intending to keep her in Europe will be required to obtain an RCD certificate. Buyers taking her outside of the EU do not require this certificate
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.
For a full, detailed specification and additional photographs visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.