The Frers 33 is a well-liked and popular racer/cruiser suited for fast family cruising, beercan racing with your buddies, or even experienced solo racing. This one is set up and ready to go racing, and some recent updates make her better for cruising and short-handed sailing. 2017 upgrades include Raymarine Electronics, running rigging, North 3Di Main and 3Di Medium genoa. 2019 upgrades include sliders on the mainsail, new North Nordac #2 genoa with Sunbrella furling panel, and a new North spinnaker. Other sails include 2 racing spinnakers, never-used storm-trysail, and a number of miscellaneous sails suitable for cruising. Carbon spinnaker pole and whisker pole, as well as an older aluminum pole, are included. She is currently hauled and covered with Fairclough canvas cover for the winter.
Please text or call Jonathan Smith, CPYB, at 860-514-376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current owner purchased the boat in Feb 2017, 1986 Carroll Marine Frers 33 Hull Serial # CIR3300B686. The survey from that purchase is available.
Upgrades by current owner:
Here’s what the boat needs over the winter:
Spring maintenance items include: refinish exterior wood – there isn’t much wood though, otherwise the owner indicates the boat has no mechanical or rigging issues
September 17, 2019: I quickly activated this listing in the middle of busy Fall boat show season using owner-provided info and pics. I should be able to get more info and pics over the next couple weeks. Showings available most Tuesdays - Saturdays beginning on September 24, 2109.
Principal Dimensions LOA 33 ft 3 in LWL 26 ft 6 in BEAM 11 ft 3 in DRAFT 6 ft 3 in BALLAST 4,000 lbs DISPL. 9,000 lbs SAIL AREA 560 sq ft
Molded fiberglass balsa cored hull comprised of alternating layers of biaxial and unidirectional E-glass with careful attention paid to proper fiber orientation. Polyester laminating resin is used with a surface of In-Plus gel coat along with an exterior fiberglass skin of vinylester resin.
Molded fiberglass deck with balsa core and marine plywood in areas of high stress. As in the hull, careful attention is paid to proper orientation of the biaxial and unidirectional glass fibers. The deck is through bolted and bonded to the hull at the sheer. All major bulkheads are bonded to the deck.
An interior structural grid system carries keel, rig, and hull loads. The grid is comprised of multiple plies of unidirectional E-glass and polyester resin. Aluminum and marine plywood are bonded into the grid in areas of higher loading.
Unidirectional and biaxial E-glass molded with polyester resin and high density foam core. The rudder stock is solid aluminum with wheel steering, brake and guard. A 40" destroyer wheel is standard.
4000 Ibs. of lead alloyed with 4% antimony for hardness is bonded with epoxy and fastened with stainless steel bolts. Each keel is faired and primed with our exclusive vinylester resin and biaxial glass system.
* Bow pulpit is double rail welded stainless steel with integral USCG approved navigation lights
* Stern pulpit is double rail welded stainless steel with USCG approved stern light
* Stanchions are tapered stainless steel with upper and lower vinyl coated lifelines
* Custom stainless steel IOR style stemhead with tack horn
* Two bow chocks
* Forward mooring cleat, 8"
* Inboard genoa tracks
* Two low lead genoa cars with full length adjustment
* Teak toerail forward
* Aluminum toerail aft with adjustment slide cars
* Teak handrails on cabin top
* Halyards and controls lead aft through organizers to rope clutches
* Harken roller bearing traveller with 3:1 crosshaul system
* Two aft mooring cleats, 8"
* Diaphragm bilge pump in cockpit
* 40" stainless steel wheel, brake, guard
Standard Winch Package
* Primary: 2 each Barient 24A
* Halyards/Controls: 2 each Barient 21A
* Handle: 2 each Barient 10" std.
* Handle Pouch: 2 each
Hatches and Ventilation
* Forward hatch: 19n x 19" Aluminum
* Vent hatch, head: 13" x 7" Aluminum
* Vent hatch: 12" x 15" Aluminum
* Main companionway
* Opening port into quarter berth
* Fixed ports in main cabin, P & S
Double spreader, tapered aerodynamically designed section with trisect masthead. White paint standard. Internal conduit for wiring, with bowlight.
Aluminum extrusion with internal 5:1 outhaul, 2-reefs, topping lift, tackhooks, and lock offs for reefs.
Navtec stainless steel solid rod rigging with internal tangs. In~plane upper and lower shrouds brought down to deck (continuous). Checkstays of 1 x 19 stainless steel wire with 4:1 block and tackle. Extended Navtec backstay turnbuckle for ease of conversion to hydraulic backstay.
* Main Halyard 1 each, internal lead aft
* Main Sheet 1 each, with Harken 6:1 Hexaratchet
* Main Boom Iopping Lift 1 each, Stainless steel w/dacron tail
* Genoa/Spinnaker Halyard 2 each, internal lead aft
* Traveller Crosshaul 2 each
* Cunningham 1 each, 5:1 w/cam cleat
* Reefs 2 each, internal lead aft
* Outhaul 1 each, 5:1 internal
* Yanmar 2GMF 18 hp diesel, fresh water cooled
* 2:1 straight drive transmission
* Instrument panel with tachometer, warning lights, and buzzer
* Seawater strainer
* 2-Blade fixed propeller (folding optional)
* 12 Volt DC system
* Main distribution panel with circuit breakers
* Main battery switch
* One 90 amp battery std., provision for 2nd battery
* Color coded wiring to ABYC specifications
* Fuel 24 Gallons
* Water 30 Gallons
* Optional Water 30 Gallons
MAIN CABIN ACCOMMODATIONS
Two 6'4" berths with stowage outboard and 6'4" quarter berth with stowage underneath. Teak bulkhead mounted table with seating for six. Varnished teak and holly sole and overhead teak handrails. Removable overhead panels to access deck hardware.
Double 6'10" berth, stowage underneath. Soft vinyl covered hull sides.
Two burner stainless steel alcohol stove with oven and slide away stove top standard. Stainless steel deep sink with pressure water. Molded FRP ice box with shelves and pump-out. Storage for dishes and consumable items.
Includes marine head, vanity sink with pressure water, shower and sump pump, laundry hamper, mirror and towel rack.
Includes reading lights over berths, navigator's spotlight, and overhead and indirect lighting as necessary.
These specifications and dimensions are correct at the time of printing.
They are subject to revision without notice.
CARROLL MARINE LTD.