1980 Jespersen Peterson / Andrews 2 Ton Racer
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Victoria, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 98,000 (A$ 100,405)
This is a well known Davidson 2 Tonner built by Jesperson Boat Builders. This classic racer was refit and significantly modified with design by naval architect Alan Andrews in 2010. The deep torpeedo bulb keel, deep balanced rudder, and high aspect carbon rig were key features of the redesign. Since 2010 this vessel has been actively sailed in Pacific North West racing events with a PHRF of 45.
This is a spacious open boat on deck and down below. The ample deck hardware is Harken and is practically set up to sail and race. This vessel currently has crew bunks for up to six with plenty of space to add more or create your own interior. The Yanmar diesel was installed new during the refit.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase a renewed Pacific North West classic at an incredible price. If you are looking for a boat that is all about the sailing, then this boat should be at the top of your list.
New listing, additional photos and details to come.
Contact Shawn Dunand
Mobile: 250-661-0622 Office: 250-940-9060
8 Great Reasons to buy a boat with Shawn and Freedom Marine "Click Here"
Please contact Shawn Dunand at 250-940-9060
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Will O the Wisp
Builder: Jesperson, Refit By Blackline
Designer: Doug Peterson Original, Refit by Alan Andrews 2010
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Ballast: 6420 lbs
Dry Weight: 17000 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 3GM30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (45 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (35 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Spinnaker pole - Carbon
Chemical head - Porta Potty
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Battery charger - Pro Marine 12-40, 2 Group 27 Batteries (House & Start)
Shore power inlet - 30 Amp With Cable
Sails & Rigging
- Keel stepped triple spreader carbon fibre mast, New 2010, Serviced in 2018
- Carbon Boom New 2010
- Standing Rigging is stainless steel rod and high tech braid New 2010
- Harken Luff Foil on Forestay
- Navtec Hydraulic back stay and boom vang control
- Running Back Lead to dedicated Harken ST winches
- Carbon Fibre Spinnaker Pole
- I: 55.5'
- ISP: 64.83'
- J: 16.83'
- JC: 19.42'
- P: 59.33'
- E: 15.50'
Racing Sails (Details to Come)
- Main - 565 square feet (Matrix Carbon/Aramid Powerhead Main Optic 2.0)
- Genoa 1, 155% - 753 square feet (Optic 2.8, New Condition)
- Genoa 2, 135% - 655 square feet (Optic 2.0)
- Genoa 3, 125% - 525 square feet (Optic 2.0, New Condition)
- Jib, 95% - 448 square feet (Full Batten)
- Spinnaker - Symmetrical 2078 square feet
- Spinnaker 1 - Masthead A Symmetrical Kite
- Spinnaker 2 - Fractional A Symmetrical Kite
- Spinnaker 3 - Fractional Storm Spinnaker
- Storm Jib
Extensive Inventory of Cruising and or Delivery sales:
PHRF Rating as sailed: 45
The non skid deck is level less the small cabin trunk. There is ample space for crew working forward and aft. The winches and rigging is neatly organised and very well laid out for the racing crew.
- Stainless Steel Pulpit, Stanchions & Pushpit
- Double Lifelines Spectra Braid
- Spinnaker Pole Deck Storage Brackets
- 6+ Folding Deck Eyes
- Harken Big Boat Genoa Tracks, towable Harken fairlead cars
- Set of Jib/Stormsail Tracks with pin stop cars
- Halyards and Genoa Fairlead control lead aft through line clutches
- 2 Harken ST 46 Two Speed Halyard Winches
- 2 Harken ST 60 Three Speed Sheet Winches
- 2 Harken ST 53 Two Speed Sheet Winches
- 2 Harken ST 48 Two Speed Mainsheet Winches
- 2 Harken ST 48 Two Speed Running Backstay Winches
- Harken Big Block Mainsheet Travleler
Electronics & Navigation
- B&G Multidata Windspeed & Direction
- B&G Multidata Speed
- B&G Multidata Depth
- Garmin GPS
- Bulkhead Mounted Danforth Compass
- Davis Windex
- VHF Mounted below decks
Originally built by Jesperson Boat Builders 1979-1982
- Constructed by cold mould using red cedar and mahogany
- Frames are laminated mahogany and spruce
- Stringers are oak on 16" Centers
- Superstructure and deck are plywood sheathed with fibreglass
Refit by Jesperson Boat Builders and Blackline Marine in 2010
- Hull structure improved to support the newly designed Torpedo Bulb keel
- Newly designed high aspect rudder installed
- New carbon rig installation
- Deck refinished non skid
- New sailing hardware installed
- New Yanmar diesel installed
- This is a very brief description considering the scope of professional work that was required to successfully complete the refit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.