NEW PHOTOS SOON...
ONE OF THE BEST EQUIPPED PEARSON 424s ON THE MARKET
REVERSE CYCLE HEAT AND AIR
REPLACED ENGINE WITH 2009 YANMAR
CUTTER RIG "STRONG TRACK" 2015
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!
The Pearson 424 offers genuine cruising accommodations with two spacious staterooms and generous storage throughout. The guest stateroom is just as appealing as the owner’s stateroom, including a place to wash up. A unique feature is the double companionways below- one from the cockpit into the owner’s cabin & nav. center, the second, amidships, leads into the main salon. The layout makes her the perfect choice for a cruising family or couple and their guests. The cockpit is spacious and secure. This boat is fast, yet easy to sail and displays well Pearson’s quality and integrity. "Half Moon" has undergone extensive renovations, including having the mizzen removed and the boom extended providing valuable additional cockpit space while actually improving sailing performance. She is a solid and beautiful blue water cruiser that has been extremely well-equipped by knowledgable owners who lived aboard. She is ready to go anywhere.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: William Shaw
LOA: 42 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 33 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 21000 lbs
Ballast: 7634 lbs
Total Power: 54 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2009
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Engine Power: 54 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (170 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (80 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (18 Gallons)
The spacious forward guest stateroomfeatures a large V-berth with filler cushion, storage below, shelves outboard, and overhead hatch. Also there’s a dressing table with stainless steel wash basin, a seat, hanging locker, bureau, and two opening ports.
The main salon is traditional, comfortable, and inviting. It has a teak & holly sole, opposing settees (they convert to 6’6” berths), louvered lockers and bookshelves outboard and storage behind seat backs of both. There is a large, centerline teak drop-leaf table encompassing the keel-stepped mast. There’s good light and ventilation with two overhead screened hatches and five opening ports. Starboard aft is a hanging locker and the midships companionwayhatch & stairs.
Opposite to port is the U-shaped galley that features lockers and drawers for everything, plenty of counter space, and an opening hatch overhead (more details below). Starboard aft of the companionway stairs is the enclosed headthat’s actually two rooms. The separate shower stall features a seat with a built-in soak tub underneath. The vanity has a stainless steel sink and lockers outboard and below.
Continuing aft is the owner’s stateroom with privacy door, plush double berth with generous stowage above and below. The nav. station is to starboard with a swing-out seat, chart table and shelf storage. Aft is a large hanging locker and the companionway hatch & stairs to the cockpit. Replaced the headliner, and replaced the settee fabric with a solid green color fabric that wears well.
- 6'4" Headroom
- Sleeps 6
- Pioneer AM/FM stereo, CD player and speakers
- Custom owner's stateroom mattress
- TV/phone shore connection
- (4) 12V Fans
- Clock & barometer
- Adler Barbour refrigerator with freezer - 2014
- Princess 3-burner propane stove
- Emerson built-in microwave
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Hot & cold pressure water
- Filtered drinking water pressure tap
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Simrad Roberts AP11 autopilot with remote
- Furuno Mk-2 36 mi. radar, interfaced with autopilot (Rebuilt by factory 2015-Dome on board)
- Garmin 485 color GPS/Chartplotter with latest chips - 2008
- ICOM IC-706 MkIIG SSB HAM radio
- ICOM IC-M59 VHF radio
- SCS PTCiie modem for email thru SSB radio
- Datamarine depth sounder
- Datamarine knotmeter
- Datamarine wind speed/log
- 5" Danforth Constellation compass
- VHF, GPS & SSB antennas
- TV-FM antenna with buster
- Cruisair 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat and air
- 12V DC & 110V AC Electrical systems
- World Power wind generator (41 amps at 30 mph)
- (4) 90 watt BP 90 Solar panels (22-26 amps at noon)
- (4) Trojan L16 6V batteries, house bank
- Group 27 starting battery
- Battery parallel switch
- Galvanic Isolator
- Heart Interface inverter/charger, 2000 watt
- Yanmar alternator
- (2) 30 amp 125V dockside cables
- 12V Lighting systems
Deck and Hull
The boat was put on the hard in 1996 for a rebuilding project that lasted five (5) years. Bottom peeled and dried for 1 year then West System applied (2 layers of Biaxial applied over bottom and 4 layers over flat areas of hull). All side & deck gel coat cracks were drilled out, filled with epoxy and then painted with Awl Grip.
Side stanchions were removed and mounts rebuilt with 1/2" layer of fiberglass. Lifelines were added and all 316 SS stanchions were mounted with 316 SS backing plates. The standard single lifelines were replaced with doubles.
The cockpit is spacious and functional, with sail lockers port and starboard, propane locker with outboard drain, winch alcoves, and a lazarette aft. Excellent visibility from the wheel, wide walkways for easy access forward, full-length bulwarks for extra security.
- SS opening ports
- (2) Bomar hatches (others reconditioned)
- Dodger - 2009
- Bimini - 2009
- Bow pulpit with double anchor rollers
- 25# Danforth anchor with 25' 5/16" chain & 150' rode
- 45# Plow-style anchor with 100' chain & 200' rode
- Lofrans Tigres electric windlass - 2006
- Lifesling with rigid case
- Life raft (Needs recertification)
- Outboard engine lift
- Custom SS davits & solar mount
- Custom SS swivel radar/antenna mount
- Custom companionway plexiglass & screen inserts
- (2) Companionways
- 42' SS Destroyer/ pedestal wheel steering
- Starboard cockpit table 2015
- Teak hand rails
- Cockpit cushions
- (2) 5 g. Propane tanks mounted on deck
- Forespar lightning protection system
- Tri-color masthead light
- Steaming light
- International nav. lights
- 12V Spot lights
- Rope locker
- Swim ladder
- Mooring cleats
Sails and Rigging
During the rebuilding project, the mizzen mast was removed and backstays added to improve sailing performance. The mainsail boom was extended and a staysail added. In addition, a new SS mast step replaced the existing ones.
- "Strong Track" installed 2015
- Sail area 722 sq ft
- Doyle main sail and cradle - 2009
- 135% genoa - 2006, newly restitched, very good condition.
- Harken traveler
- Harken MkII roller furling
- (2) Lewmar #54 ST 2-speed winches
- Lewmar #40 ST 2-speed winch
- Lewmar #16 2-speed mast-mounted winch
- Lewmar #40 2-speed mast-mounted winch
- Hallspars Quick-Vang rigid boom vang
- Spare halyard
Mechanical and Engine Equipment
- Dickson coal burning fireplace
- Groco oil transfer system
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive V Drive transmission
- Dual lever engine controls
- Engine control panel
- Algae-X fuel conditioning system
- Spectra Watermaker 5 gal/hr; wind generator & solar panels will operate.
- Charcoal water filtration system
- (2) 35# Propane tanks with solenoid control valve
- (2) Rule 2000 12V bilge pumps with alarms
- Racor fuel filter
- 18 g. Holding tank with macerator
- Toilet with new waste piping
- Many spare parts
"Half Moon" has undergone extensive renovations, including having the mizzen removed and the boom extended providing valuable additional cockpit sapce while actually improving sailing performance. She is a solid and beautiful bluewater cruiser that has been extremely well-equipped by knowledgable owners and is ready to go anywhere!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.