Rarely does a classic design like the Roughwater Pilothouse be maintained and upgraded to the level of this vessel. "Summer Solstice" is a classic Ed Monk designed, single diesel pilothouse. Her hull has been LP painted America's Cup Dennis Conner blue, and her topsides non-skid and brightwork are flawless. Custom features include a bench seat on the aft deck with sun shade, stainless stern davit and more. Powered by dependable 185hp Perkins diesel with rebuilt injector pump, rebuilt water pump, new exhaust manifold, new steering cables, rebuilt turbo and regular annual service. Most equipment and systems have been replaced or rebuilt, with new interior, electronics, batteries, under water lights, solar panels and too much more to list. Exceptional. Must see to appreciate !
Contact Richard Nathanson for additional information and your viewing appointment at 310-430-1769 (cell) or 949-675-8092 (office).
Please contact Chuck Hovey Yachts at 949-675-8092
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Roughwater Yachts
Designer: Ed Monk
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 35 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 4 in
Displacement: 14000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 185 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 6-354 6 Cylinder FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1756
Engine Power: 185 HP
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (170 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Every surface of the interior has been refinished with high gloss varnish or bright white throughout. All new upholstery in 2014. Interior cabinetry and cabin sole is teak.
One enters the vessel from a spacious aft deck through a sliding door with glass window. The aft deck has a custom bench seat, recently refinished teak sole, the LPG locker, and a custom sunshade on stainless supports.
Upon entering the pilothouse there is a settee to port which slides out becoming a double berth with three drawers below. A large chart locker is before the windshield to port. The helm is to starboard with complete engine controls and gauges. There are two teak bar stools with a pelican hook to secure a helm seat. The pilothouse has two small overhead hatches, with slide opening large windows port and starboard and Sunbrella window covers snapped inside windows. There is a Weems & Plath brass ships clock.
A sliding door leads down two steps to the galley and dining area. There is a stainless hand rail for safety. The galley is to starboard and opposite to port is a U-shape settee with a convertible hi-lo teak table with new pneumatic lift. This table lowers to make another double berth. The dinette is raised providing three drawers below with drawers and a locker under the settee. There are slide opening windows port and starboard and a round opening port near galley. There is a hand rail down the center of headliner.
The enclosed head follows to port with a Bemis marine toilet, stainless sink with pressure hot and cold water, hand held shower, mirror, cabinet, and a round opening port. Sunbrella window covers snapped inside windows. There is a Chelsea brass quartz ships clock and barometer on the bulkhead, and air vents on the headliner forward. A privacy door separates the V-berth area. This area has an opening hatch on center, opening ports port & starboard, two hanging lockers, shelves and storage below berth. Access to chain locker is forward.
- Princess Gourmet II stainless 3-burner LPG stove & oven (2014)
- Large stainless sink with pressure water & single lever faucet
- Refinished counter
- Adler Barbour front loading refrigerator/freezer (2014) with new fans (2019)
- 110 volt AC system w/electrical panel & circuit breakers
- 12 volt DC system w/electrical panel & circuit breakers
- Two 8D marine batteries (2017)
- Two 4D marine batteries (2014)
- Xantrek battery charger (2014)
- Promariner electrical system monitor
- Two Victron BMV700 battery monitors (2014)
- Two 100 watt solar panels
- New running lights (2015)
- Under water lights (2015)
- New brass dome lights in V-berth area
- New bilge pump switch
- Electric pressure water
- Electric hot water
- Electric head with new water pump (2019)
- DC lighting throughout
- AC outlets throughout
- Dockside power cord
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch - radar, GPS, chart plotter (2014)
- Raymarine Autopilot (2014)
- VHF marine radio(2014)
- Ritchie 3" magnetic compass
- Clarion M303 AM/FM/CD stereo (2014) w/Bluetooth, Sirius, Pandora
- New speakers throughout
Engine and Mechanical
- 185hp Perkins 6-354 diesel (hours 1756) 6 cylinder FWC
- Cruise: 8-9 knots
- Maximum: 10-12 knots
- Dripless packing (2015)
- VDO gauges - oil, temp, charge, tachometer, rudder angle
- New steering cables (2017)
- Exhaust manifold replaced (2015)
- New exhaust elbow (2015)
- Water pump rebuilt (2015)
- Injector pump rebuilt (2015)
- Racor fuel filter replaced (2016)
- Heat exchanger replaced (2005)
- Intercooler rebuilt (2005)
- All services done each year since purchase
- Fuel: 170 gallons in 2 stainless tanks
- Water: 80 gallons
- Hot water: 6 gallons
- Waste: 20 gallons w/overboard & deck discharge with new pump (2017)
Deck and Hull
- LP painted Stars & Stripes (Americas Cup) blue (2014) hull with high gloss teak topside trim and rub rail. Exterior of the pilothouse is high gloss LP white.
- The hull is molded one piece fiberglass reinforced laminate, with all stringers, bulkheads and interior structural hull components fiberglass bonded to the hull for added strength.
- The heavy duty hull construction process is by hand lay up method with eleven alternate layers of mat and 24 ounce woven roving on the bottom and fourteen on the keel. Interior & exterior trim is teak, including the solid teak cabin sole. All hardware and fittings are bronze or stainless and the windows and ports are 1/4" safety glass.
- All windows re-caulked with replaced tracks, two Lexmark hatches in pilothouse (2018), new non-skid painted deck 2015.
- Teak cockpit entirely re-caulked and refinished 2014 with sealant over. New lifelines installed 2015. New 1" solid teak oversized swim step. Magna stainless flopper stoppers 2015.
- New Garhauer stainless stern dinghy davit.
- Bronze through hulls replaced and bottom painted 2017.
- Ideal electric windlass with up and down deck switch and 45lb CQR anchor on 300' chain.
- New air horns 2016
- Halon fire suppression system
- New Magna BBQ 2018
- Brass ships bell
- Boat hook
- USCG safety package
- Docklines & fenders
- Headroom in pilothouse: 6'2"
Rarely does a classic design like the Roughwater Pilothouse be maintained and upgraded to the level of this vessel. "Summer Solstice" is a classic Ed Monk designed, single diesel pilothouse. Her hull has been LP painted America's Cup Dennis Conner blue, and her topsides non-skid and brightwork are flawless. Custom features include a bench seat on the aft deck with sun shade, stainless stern davit and more.
Powered by dependable Perkins 185hp diesel with rebuilt injector pump, rebuilt water pump, new exhaust manifold, new steering cables, rebuilt turbo and regular annual service. Most equipment and systems have been replaced or rebuilt, with new interior, electronics, batteries, under water lights, solar panels and too much more to list. Exceptional. Must see to appreciate!
All personal gear; loose items; galley gear; CD's; charts; fishing equipment; tools; spare parts; supplies & items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.