- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rhu, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 5,750 Tax Paid (A$ 10,202)
- Sale Pending
Contessa 26's are sought after as very attractive and seaworthy small cruisers. 4 berths in 2 cabins with separate toilet compartment. Inboard diesel engine. Recent standing rigging and good instrumentation.
Please contact Miles Stratton at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Contessa of Hurst
LOA: 7.70 m
Beam: 2.13 m
LWL: 6.10 m
Minimum Draft: 1.20 m
Maximum Draft: 1.20 m
Displacement: 2449 kgs
Ballast: 1220 kgs
Total Power: 8 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 1GM10
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 8 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (20 Litres)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- LOA - 7.70m
- LWL - 6.10m
- Beam - 2.13m
- Draft - 1.2m
- Displacement - 2449kg
- Ballast - 1220kg
Designed by David Sadler and built by Jeremy Rogers as a GRP Folkboat type, the first Contessa 26 was launched in 1966. The first few boats proved to be very successful racers, including in long-distance events. They are still sought after as very attractive and seaworthy small cruisers.
The Contessa 26 has always had a high reputation for seaworthiness - several of these boats competed in the OSTAR single-handed transatlantic race and the Round Britain and Ireland Race. At least three circumnavigations have been made by Contessa 26's - one boat doing so twice. Closer to home Contessa 26s still regularly win races on handicap, and make tough little cruisers.
Hull, Deck and Keel
- GRP hull - Black painted hull and gold cove line with Contessa logo.
- GRP deck - Grey
- GRP Superstructure - Cream
- Long traditional encapsulated lead keel with transom/keel hung rudder.
- Tiller steering.
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and angled stanchion posts with single guard wire.
- Samson post (foredeck).
- 4 mooring cleats.
- 14kg CQR anchor with 30m of 7mm chain.
- Secondary kedge anchor with 5m chain and 120ft warp.
- 12.5kg Angel.
- Various warps.
- 8 fenders.
Interior and Accommodation
4 single berths in 2 cabins with separate heads compartment.
- 'V' berth with storage under. A bi-fold door closes the cabin off if required.
- Shelves outboard.
HEADS / WET HANGING LOCKER
- Heads with Jabsco marine flushing toilet to starboard.
- Wet hanging locker to port.
- Each compartment has a bi-fold door which can close off the forward cabin and the entrance to the saloon for privacy.
- To port at the forward end of the saloon.
- Flavel Vanessa cooker with two burners, grill and oven. Supplied via Camping gas bottle.
- Cup/glass holder mounted on the bulkhead.
- Storage behind cooker for crockery.
- To starboard opposite the galley.
- Good sized surface for chart work with extending hinged section.
- Plastic sink fitted under top with lifting lid.
- Drawers and lockers underneath for cutlery, cookware and provisions.
- Two single settee berths port and starboard.
- Storage under berths and outboard with lockers and a shelf.
- Starboard settee berth has a chart storage drawer which slides out above the foot of the berth.
- ICOM IC-M421 DSC VHF. 2016
- Lawrence Chart plotter - 2019.
- Magellan 2000 hand held GPS.
- Echo Pilot depth sounder.
- Echo Pilot speed/log.
- Clipper wind direction. 2015.
- Plastimo Contest bulkhead magnetic compass.
- Brass clock and Barometer.
Machinery and Propulsion
- Yanmar 1GM10 8hp diesel engine with shaft drive to 2 blade fixed prop.
- Morse engine controls in cockpit.
- Last serviced March 2020.
- Spare water pump impeller.
Rig and Sails
- Proctor gold anodised single spreader mast and boom.
- Stainless steel standing rigging replaced 2016/17.
- Plastimo roller furling headfoil.
- Spinnaker pole.
- Team Mainsail - Serviceable, age unknown.
- Seatech Jib - Good, 2013.
- Lucas Jib - Good, age unknown.
- Team Spinnaker - Good, age unknown.
- 12v ships electrical system with electrical distribution panel.
- 12v lighting and LED lamps.
- Domestic battery replaced in 2019.
- Engine start battery replaced in 2018.
- Battery isolator switch.
- Pye radio stereo.
- Goodmans internal speakers.
Plumbing and Tankage
- Stainless steel water tank.
- Pressurised cold water system plumbed to sink.
- Stainless steel fuel tank.
- Blue homemade mainsail cover.
- Blue dodgers
- Blue cockpit cover.
- Electric and manual bilge pumps.
- 2 ABC fire extinguishers.
- Hand held gas detector.
- 3 cockpit harness points.
- 2 harnesses. No life jackets.
- Fog horn.
- Sprite 230RT dinghy - 2019.
- Mariner 2hp 2 stroke outboard last serviced 2019.
- 2016 Survey available which reports the boat as "being in good general condition for it's age"
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.