S/V Magic is THE Classic Bruce King Design, with one of the sweetest sheer-lines designed. Narrow, long and lean, this is a serious sailing boat. With the low freeboard, you can easily walk aboard, and around the boat. She's designed to sail in light air, and handle storms well. The 8200lbs of encapsulated ballast, results in a great Brewer Motion Comfort number of 35. They don't build boats like this any more! The Ballast/Displacement ratio is reported to be 44 to 46, with a comforting 140-degree limit of positive stability. The 732 sq.ft. sail area is manageable, and in good condition, and the Sean Breezy dodger and bimini a great upgrade. Note: This is the design, circumnavigator and writer, Ralph Naranjo chose for his five year family trip, and years later still enjoys.
The classic salon has good storage and even sea-births - try to find those on a new boat. The table can be stored on the bulkhead for passages. Like many good boats that were serious offshore designs, the nav table is huge by todays designs. The galley is protected, with plenty of counter space, and a nice Force Ten stove with oven. The stainless steel lined refrigerator/freezer is impressive and the top provides great prep space. The rudder has been replaced, as the original rudders were subcontracted, and had issues. A third owner, California boat, Magic has been to Mexico, many times, and trucked to the PNW in 2013, where the rig was replaced, with Norseman fittings, new wiring, lights, etc. Mostly used as a liveaboard, the engine may have only 2435 hrs. Bottom paint was in 2015.
The current owner loves the way the boat sails, but work requires a move, and he can't take the boat inland with him. Here's your chance to get a fine classic. At this price, of course, you can expect to do a bit of updating work too. The deck paint job is a project, and while most of the boat is wired nicely, it could be cleaned-up little. The old radar display replaced, mostly little stuff. . . What a great boat! She may be just the boat and budget you've been looking for, so come see Magic soon. She would be a way better, more comfortable offshore cruiser than many boats built in the last ten years. Come find out why!
Please call Lee Youngblood in Seattle at 425-444-9109 for more info. and set up an appointment to see s/v Magic at Shilshole Bay Marina - Thanks!
Bruce King designed, Cutter-rigged Masthead Sloop
Built by Ericson Yachts in Santa Ana, CA This is Hull # 22 of 50.
* LOA: 41.33' * LWL: 29.17’
* Beam: 10.67‘ * Draft: 5.92’
* Disp.: 17,800 Lbs. * Ballast: 8,200 Lbs.
* SailArea: 732 Sq.Ft. * SA/Disp: 17.24
Sails and Rigging Notes
* Double-Spreader, Aluminum Mast, w/ removable stay
* S.S. Wire Standing Rigging (2001)w/ Dacron Running Rigging
* Furlex Roller Furling, with Garhauer Genoa cars
* UK Dacron Cruising Mainsail w/ cover, full Battens, n Reefs
* UK Dacron Furling 130% Genoa (Both sails 2002)
* 90% Staysail, hank-on with running backstays
* Asymmetrical Cruising Spinnaker
* Garhauer Hard Vang, Main, Genoa and Staysail blocks
* 1) Lewmar 44ST-Self-tailing Cockpit Trim Winch
* 2) Barlow # 28 Primary Winches
* 2) Barlow #24 Secondary Winches
* Barient #18 Mainsheet, and #16 Spinnaker Halyard Winches
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* Westerbeke 4-107 Diesel auxiliary with 2432 hours
* 6) Dyno 245AH 6v batteries (2015), #27 Starter Battery
* Xantrex Link 1000 Batter Monitor (2015)
* Simrad AP11 Autopilot on quadrant, with remote in cabin.
* Simrad IS15 multi-display in cabin and on coach roof
* Simrad Wind on Masthead, with Windex
* HRO watermaker (not pickled)
* 6 Gal Hot water, electric and engine heated.
* SS lined icebox - Refrigeration, w/coldplate needs service.
* Horizon VHF with cockpit remote.
* Backup Antenna (AIS ready) on Radar mt.
* Red Dot Cabin Heater (?)
* 30A Shore Power Cable
* Pioneer AM/FM/Stereo
Galley | Interior Gear
* Gimbaled 3-Burner Force 10 Stove - NEW!
* 2.4 Gal. Propane w/ Gauge n Solenoid
* Adler Barbour 12VDC Refrigeration
* Stainless-steel deep double sinks -midship
* Hot/Cold Pressure water / 2) oil Lanterns
* 5-gallon Kuuma Hot Water Heater
* Ships Clock and Barometer
Hull | Deck | Safety Gear
* Solid Hull, w/Cored Balsa & Ply Decks
* 25 lb. Bruce10’ chain and 150’ Rode
* 40 lb. CQR Anchor w/ 100’ Chain + Rode
* Ideal Windlass w/ deck and remote switches
* Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps
* Breezy Dodger, and Bimini (2016)
* SS Stanchions with 2 lifelines
* Emergency Tiller, Bilge-Pump Handle
* LifeSling, and 3 Fire extinguishers
* USCG Decals and 4 Life-jackets
* Fenders and Dock lines, and Horn
* Side Ladder - no stern boarding
* Danforth/White 5” Compass
* Manual Toilet w/o Holding Tank (!)
* 55 gal. Diesel - SS. Tank
* 80 gal. Water - Plastic/Al Tanks