We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 12.19 m
Beam: 3.66 m
Minimum Draft: 1.52 m
Maximum Draft: 1.52 m
Displacement: 16880 kgs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1964
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (792 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (272 Litres)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- LOA 12.19m.
- Beam 3.65m.
- Draft 1.52m.
Hull, Deck and Keel
The hull is constructed in planked Iroko, carvel laid on 2" x 1.75" sawn oak frames at 8" centres, copper fastenend.
The hull is sheathed with the Mitchell Mariner copper nickel patent sheathing system. This amazing treatment, similar to ordinary copper sheathing, is done to order by the inventor, Fred Mitchell of Poole and has an estimated life of 40 years and requires no antifouling. Repairs can easily be made if torn.
Long keel incorporating iron ballast, a slightly raked stem and a vertical transom with transom hung rudder.
The deck is 2 layers of marine ply, epoxy bonded, epoxy sheathed and painted.
Midships wheelhouse with coachroof fore and aft. Toe rail of about 6"/9" all round. The deck is 1.25" in 2 layers or marine ply, epoxy bonded and sheathed in epoxy/glass scrim and painted.
The coachroof and wheelhouse were also rebuilt as part of the refit with coamings in solid Iroko continuous under wheelhouse doors with ply coachroof, decks, epoxy/scrim sheathed.
The coachroof has round and oval bronze ports in the coamings, those in the sides open whilst the aft are fixed. There is additional access/ventilation/escape hatch over the aft coaming and large moveable swan neck vents on Dorade boxes. Varnished handrails on forward coachroof and wheelhouse top. The clear forward coachroof deck allows easy access to the mast and stowage of a dinghy.
The wheelhouse is raised in marine ply panels incorporating the windows on Iroko framing, also with ply/epoxy/scrim roofing. All painted on the exterior and varnished interior. The 2 aft windows of the wheelhouse are aluminium and open, all other windows are fixed and the forward window incorporates a Kent Clearview screen Sliding doors port and stbd.
Interior and Accommodation
Fitted out to a high quality in varnished mahogany. With lovely deck head beams and period stoves alongside modern heating.
- Wheelhouse upholstery "oatmeal".
- Saloon and aft cabin "Tartan"
- Forecabin "Burgundy" vinyl.
Fore peak cabin -
- Port/starboard berths with drawers bellow.
- Full headroom.
- Deck head opening hatch.
- Bulkhead door to lower saloon.
Day heads -
Lower saloon -
- Dinette to port.
- Small pilot berth behind and above dinette.
- Table drops down to make occasional double.
- Starboard settee with pilot berth behind at a higher level.
- Taylor's paraffin 2 burner cooker with oven on gimbals.
- Good work surface area and plenty of storage for provisions and galley equipment.
- Brass sink with Brass hand pump and mixer tap on pressurised water system.
- 12v Engel fridge.
- Hot water from calorifier on the engine.
- Parr pressure pump and system on the cold supply.
Wet locker -
- Good sized wet hanging locker opposite galley.
- L shaped bench seating aft to starboard.
- Wooden ships wheel and helm seat.
- Traditional pennant store.
- Cabinet to port housing Reflex cabin heater with shelf above.
Owners Aft suite -
- Owners aft double berth.
- Shelf or small child/baby's pilot berth.
- Plenty of storage and hanging locker.
- En-suite heads with shower.
- Stainless steel pulpit, stanchions and guard wires.
- Aft secured by wrap round rail with varnished wooden capping.
- Side boarding access gates.
- 45lb CQR anchor with 25 fathoms of chain, deck mounted.
- 23lb Fishermans anchor.
- Various warps and fenders.
- 3m fiberglass dinghy.
- Pinta autopilot.
- Garmin GPS.
- Nasa video Navtex.
- Apelco radar. Radar scanner on small mast on wheelhouse top beside mizzen.
- Seaferer Voyage echosounder.
- No speed/log.
- Sealine VHF, not DSC.
- Sestrel Major magnetic steering compass.
- Mathway Marine rudder indicator.
Rig and Sails
- Solid wood masts, Ketch rigged with gaff on the main and bermudan on the mizzen.
- Main mast new 2014.
- Mizzen mast new 2013.
- Masts mounted in steel tabernacles which are counter ballanced and lowerable to the wheelhouse roof by hand!
- Stainless steel standing rigging replaced with the new main mast in 2014. Mizzen rigging not replaced.
- Internal galvanized chain plates.
- Slab reefing on the mainsail.
- Mizzen halyard mast winch.
- Main by East Coast Sails in tan terylene 1989.
- Mizzen by East Coast Sails in tan terylene 1989.
- Working jib.
- Storm jib.
Machinery and Propulsion
Perkins 120hp 6 cylinder marine diesel engine.
- Situated under the wheelhouse floor. The engine compartment is large and accessed via 3 floor panels.
- 1970 engine returned to factory and completely reconditioned in 1989.
- Shaft drive to 3 blade 30" bronze prop.
- PRM hydraulic gear box.
- Single lever Morse control.
- Serviced each year by the owner. Oil change, filters and coolant.
- Fuel polishing system.
- Spare starter motor.
- G&M 220v diesel generator in sound proof box in the engine compartment under the wheelhouse floor.
- Start panel in wheelhouse.
- Very quiet.
- Owner serviced.
Systems and Tankage
- Hot and cold pressurised water systems.
- Hot water from calorfier on the engine.
- Eberspacher heating system throughout the boat with regular thermostat control and day set timer control.
- Taylor paraffin heater in the main cabin.
- Reflex heater in the wheelhouse.
- Water - approx 350gal/1591L in 2 x stainless steel tanks.
- 3rd water tank under lower saloon sole.
- 2 x stainless steel fuel tanks - total capacity 120gal/545.5L.
- 2 x engine driven alternators supplying 2 independent but cross linked sets of deep cycle batteries.
- 2 x 12v for engine starting new 2017.
- 2 x 12v domestic = 24v ships supply at minimal noise level. New 2017
- 2kw Invertor 24v/220v.
- New sail cover (2014).
- Named dodgers.
"The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is””
- 2 horse shoe lifebuoys.
- 3 fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- 2 lifejackets and harnesses.
Refit in 1989
- New deck and most of the beam shelf.
- All new superstructure.
- All new electrical wiring.
- New keel bolts and floor bolts.
- Specialised hull sheathing.
- New water and fuel tanks.
- New fuel and domestic plumbing and pumps.
- New shaft and tube.
- Reconditioned prop and rope stripper.
- Major engine overhaul.
- New generator.
Manufacturer and Design Information
Designed by J. Francis Jones and built by Gordon Armstrong marine Ltd, Scarborough in 1964.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.