May 2018 - This is a brand new BHM 28, and the last one pulled from the BHM/Seaworthy mold. The basic boat is being completed as described below, but you can specify the final design. It can be finished as a lobsterboat, tuna boat, combination fisherman, fisherman/cruiser or straight cruiser.
_______________________ These are the basic build specifications:
* 28 BHM Hull - 28' x 10'6" x 4' x 10,600# - White Gelcoat.
* Top, Full House - White Gelcoat - will be cut to buyer's specifications.
* Engine - 2018 Yanmar 8LV Series 370hp Diesel. (Dry weight - 960lbs w/o gear)
* Gear - Yanmar KMH50A.
* Two 5052 Aluminum Fuel Tanks - Epoxy coated with SS 2" fills. Total = 120gal (60-gal ea.)
* Racor fuel/water separator.
* Engine pk Includes: LCD Display, ignition switch, drive harness, backup panel, drive ECU, gear cooler with lines, 180-amp alternator, H.D. Berry engine mounts, helm ECU, exhaust elbow, helm harness, dual dipsticks, single top-mount control head and all operating manuals.
* Engine installed with heavy-duty aluminum beds, back-up plates and SS bolts through stringers.
* Engine stringers all reinforced with knees glassed to stringers and hull.
* Shaft tube with two cutlass bearings: one forward, one aft with PSS shaft seal.
* Shaft is SS 1-3/4".
* Exhaust system installed - includes 4" Centek muffler, 4" checkvalve and exhaust thru-hull with flapper on transom.
* Steering system installed including a helm 1250V Capilano 3-6 LTOR; cylinder is a Capilano BA 150-7 TMB, with ball joint, bronze tiller arm, heavy duty hydraulic lines run in PVC piping from ram to helm.
* SS Helm Wheel with quick steering knob.
* Rudder installed - 3/8" 304 SS with 1-1/2" shaft. All bronze mounting hardware. Interior reinforced extra thick glass for additional strength.
* Complete Bonding System - Large Transom Zinc on bronze plate; #4 gauge tinned copper marine wire run to all required locations. No 'daisy-chain' system. All wiring in PVC pipe where possible. All lugs are heavy duty tinned copper covered with epoxy heat-shrink to stop corrosion.
* Bilge pump is Rule 1100gph with built-in float switch. Includes SS hose clamps, marine hose, and bronze thru-hull fitting. * GROCO Bronze Sea Cock 1-1/2" for engine intake, in bronze thru-hull fitting.
* GROCO Bronze Sea Strainer.
* Buck Algonquin Bronze scoop strainer, positive flow design. This is a double protection system from grass and other debris entering engine intake/strainer.
* Air flow/distribution system through multiple air boxes.
* Custom Engine Box.
* Bow and Quarter Spray rails.
_____________________ You choose the following specifications and options:
- Length of house
- Back of house - sliders, curtain, or winter back
- Wheelhouse storage lockers
- Number and type of side windows (four across front, standard)
- Window manufacturer
- Head, type, enclosed or not
- Galley below or in wheelhouse
- Fresh water system and cockpit/gear wash down
- Hot water system off engine
- Heat off engine
- Storage lockers below
- Cockpit insulated fish lockers; circulating live well
- Rod holders
- SS trim package
- Cockpit deck finish
- Awlgrip hull color
- Handrails in wheelhouse and cabin overhead
- Bow bollard, chocks, cleats
- Anchor windlass
- Trolling valve
- Bow rail
You can request additional options, depending upon your requirements, and your build cost will be $28/hr. Electronics are your choice.
Have a look at this 28' BHM (Seaworthy) sea trial, with builder Steve Law at the helm on a nasty day. Just the way you want it!
(Cut & paste): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzLMKkOZIA
(Cut & paste): https://www.facebook.com/BandDBoats/videos/1938177502923129/