2017 FarEast 28R
Call for Price
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Halifax, NS
- Hull Material:
The Fareast 28R was name Sailing World boat of the year refering to the 28R as "The best of the best, the Fareast 28R outshines the rest of the competition for the best bang for your buck performance."
On the water the Fareast 28R is rewarding to sail and offers excellent performance. Easily rig, launch, and race in no time.
Ocean Yacht Sales has sea-trialed this boat and was impressed with it's performance in breezy conditions and its excellent handling.
Contact Ocean Yacht Sales Limited at 902-455-5565 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ocean Yacht Sales at (902) 455-5565
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 2997 lbs
Design and Construction
- The Fareast 28R is designed by Simonis & Voogd with the purpose to be simple to rig, launch, and sail.
- Ocean Yacht Sales has sea-trialed the 28R and can comment on the impressive off the wind speeds and solid handling in breezy conditions.
- Companionway leads into an open interior.
- Centerboard trunk is located forward of the companionway steps.
- Forward in the interior has plenty of space for sail storage.
- Storage bag located to Port.
- Large open cockpit with open transom.
- Transom outboard motor mount.
- Tiller steering with transom hung rudder with tiller and tiller extension.
- Foot braces for skipper and mainsail trimmer.
- Mainsail traveler mounted in the cockpit.
- Two cockpit bags and companionway cover with storage pocket.
- Harken winch package with two Harken 45 headsail winches and one Harken 45 cabin-top winch.
- Adjustable jib tracks.
- Bow and Stern pulpits with upper lifeline and padded lower lifeline.
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminium mast and boom with rigid boomvang.
- Aluminium retractable bowsprit
- Single spreader rig with wire rigging
- Asymmetric Spinnaker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.