Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sirena Marine
Designer: Rob Humphreys
LOA: 45 ft 9 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Displacement: 11498 kgs
Ballast: 3959 kgs
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
SHANTI is a hard to find late model boat by a high quality builder! Her owners had initially had long range cruising plans, but work and family seem to have gotten in the way. Quick, fast, Rob Humphreys design, three cabin layout excellent for family and guests, twin rudders, bow thruster, and air conditioning round out her cruising amenities.
This is a high performance cruising boat that is set up for a couple to easily handle and enjoy both long and short passages. SHANTI‘s design is exceptional - she performs quite well on one sail plan from 5 knots to 25 knots! She eats up miles easily and comfortably, and is very smooth and stable when sailing offshore. The hard chine and 2 rudders help her feel like she’s sailing on rails! Lots of fun!
The solar system was in installed in May 2017 just before we sailed to Bermuda. It performed beautifully throughout our sail to and from Bermuda as well as during our 2-week stay at the dock in Hamilton. We never pugged in! The system kept our batteries charged so well that the batteries never dropped below 88% even while we were running 2 refrigerators, 2 chart plotters, radar, autopilot, navigation instruments, fans and lights at the same time. Given this low level of discharge, the new battery bank should have a long life.
We configured the AZUREE so that the two of us can easily do everything ourselves. The boat is well balanced and the helm is wonderfully light and responsive, making it a joy to sail her. Even during squalls, the deep keel and two rudders made the boat feel stable and I felt in control.
The generous cockpit and folding swim platform enables easy entertaining for many guests, yet it is cleverly configured that I also felt safe and had adequate handholds during rambunctious sails. The cockpit fly is a pleasure to have. It made a cool refuge from the hot Bermuda sun.
Below is bright and spacious. I truly enjoyed sitting below and having the ability to watch the activity of the harbor. Additionally, it’s very nice to see out when I’m in the galley while we’re underway.
We had ‘race crew covers’ made for all of the white cushions. They worked so well and were comfortable that we kept them on even when it’s just the two of us on board.
Race Crew’s Comments:
SHANTI is the most comfortable performance cruising boat that I’ve been on. She’s extremely responsive – great fun to sail in any wind. Having fully functional Raymarine chart plotters at both ends of the cockpit table enabled each watch to navigate and control the boat from the helm or the refuge of the dodger – a luxury on those stormy nights.
Each crew stateroom has generous berth space & headroom, 2 USB charging ports, 3 operating hatches, and A/C in addition to typical features such as a fan, good lighting and storage. I’m tall and being able to stand erect below made for a very pleasant journey.
A multi-year work assignment abroad is prompting us to sell SHANTI.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP sandwich hull vacuum infused with vinylester.
- GRP inner structure with carbon reinforcement.
- Fiber reinforced nylon composite through hull fittings.
- Sandwich GRP deck vacuum infused with vinylester resins.
- Stars and Stripes blue, with white cove and boot stripes.
- Teak decks.
- Teak on coachroof.
- Teak on cockpit sole.
- Teak covered bathing platform, electrically operated.
- Max Bridge Clearance: 74’1” / 22.58m.
Keel & Rudder:
- Twin rudders (Jefa).
- Aluminium connection bar between rudders, each independent.
- Steel casting T-keel bolted to hull with stainless steel bolts.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x VOLVO (2015) D2-55 diesel engine.
- Access to main engine under companionway ladder, lift up with gas struts.
- Sail drive.
- Front and side engine compartment access.
- Electric fuel gauge.
- Emergency fuel shut off.
- Racor 120A fuel/water separator.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 574 at 11-08-17.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Engine controls on stbd side of cockpit.
- Max Power Bow Thruster, retractable.
- Balanced custom blades with stainless steel stocks.
- Two Jefa aluminium pedestals.
- Carbon wheels with leather.
- Separate AC & DC panels.
- 12V DC system.
- 115V AC socket in each cabin.
- 12V DC outlet at nav. station & cockpit.
- Seven 115A Lifeline batteries with new supports 2017 (800 Ah house bank).
- Charles 100A battery charger, 2017.
- 115A alternator with blocking diode for 2 battery banks.
- Generator Hours: c. 117 at 11-08-17.
- 115A shore power with cable.
- Voltmeter for both battery banks.
- Solar charging systems: 2 x 100W panels on bimini, 2 x 120W panels and 2 x 100W panels on dodger with 3 Victron charge controllers, one for each set of panels.
- Fans and USB outlets in each cabin.
- 50A galvanic isolator.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 30 litre (7.4 US gallons) hot water tank.
- Electric water pump with filter.
- Plumbing & electrical rough in for future Spectra DC Watermaker.
- Bilge alarm.
- Upgraded auto electric bilge pump with alarm, 2017.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 211 litres (56 US gallons) – plastic.
- Total capacity of 367 litres (97 US gallons) – plastic.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 121 litres (32 US gallons) in 2 x plastic tanks; outlet to sea and deck pump out
- Regular valve/safety shut off, one propane tank.
- Raymarine NavPac 170 wind, tridata.
- Additional Raymarine MFD installed to be viewable from dodger (fwd end of table) to control autopilot, charts and radar from the dodger.
- Raymarine remote microphone in cockpit 2017.
- Raymarine Evolution autopilot.
- Raymarine AIS.
- Raymarine E95 hybrid touch plotter.
- Raymarine E55 VHF with antenna.
- Ritchie compass x 2.
- Ray Quantum radar, 2017.
- Radar pole 2017.
- Wifi booster with router 2017.
- Cabling and mount for Iridium Sat phone with external antenna, sidekick router to download weather & for communications.
- Emergency VHF antenna.
- Updated charters for Caribbean and North America.
- Manual sea water pump at galley.
- Propane stove/oven.
- Isotherm 92 litre top opening refrigerator.
- Additional drawer type fridge in galley.
- Double SST sink.
- 2 x WCs; Jabsco marine toilets.
- Hot & cold shower in cockpit.
- Electric shower sump pumps.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Engine room vent fan.
- Air conditioning.
- LED panel lighting.
- Light fixtures with LED lights.
- Engine room light.
- LED nav lights at bow and stern.
- LED anchor light.
- Deck floor and streaming light.
- Indirect courtesy lights in interior and cockpit.
- Flexible chart table reading light.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 berths in 3 cabins.
- Natural oak veneer finish.
- Natural oak veneer cabin sole.
- Bosphorus white upholstery.
- Covers for berths and seating 2017.
- Brushed alloy door handles and cabinet hardware.
- Stainless steel door still protection strip.
- 10 opening hatches.
- 16 hull and cockpit windows.
- 2 Lexan coachroof windows with Integrated Lewmar size 0 flush hatches.
Description of layout from forwards:
- FWD Centerline double berth in master cabin.
- 2 x Hanging lockers.
- Large stowage area under berth.
- Sliding vanity table and seat.
- 2 x Reading lamps.
- Owner’s head; china hand basin, shower area with Lexan surrounds, Jabsco manual toilet.
- Hi/low convertible nav. station, starboard side.
- Main salon table lowers to convert in to bed.
- 2 x Stainless handrails in headliner.
- L shaped galley.
- Counters in Grapol (corian type).
- Trash bin.
- ENO 3 burner stove with oven and grill.
- SST handrails on centerline companionway ladder.
- Wooden companionway steps with non-skid.
- Double aft cabins with hanging lockers, storage under berths, lockers along hull sides, and reading lights.
- Shared/day head aft with china sink, manual head.
- German Mainsheet system.
- 2 x 5 Halyard organizers.
- 10 x Lewmar D2 rope clutches.
- Keel stepped tapered Selden Alum. Mast and boom.
- 2 x Sets 27 deg sweptback spreaders.
- 3 x Retractable mast steps.
- Selden adjustable boom vang.
- 1 x 19 standing rigging, fractional and discontinuous with turnbuckles.
- Double backstay, manual tensioner on stbd side.
- Alum. Mast collar with tie rods and halyard blocks.
- 1 x 19 forestay.
- Stainless chain plate in anchor locker.
Winches (Lewmar AST):
- 2 x EVO 50 ST winches fwd of helm.
- 2 x EVO 45 ST halyard winches on coachroof.
- 1 x Single winch handle.
- 1 x Double winch handle.
- North Main and Jib.
- Furlex through deck (flush) headsail furler with line aft.
- Lewmar mainsail traveler with HTX TB, upstand blocks and cam cleats.
- 2 double sheaves on traveler ends.
- Lewmar jib tracks, cars adjustable from cockpit.
- Main halyard 2017.
- 2 x Jib halyards.
- 1 x Topping lift.
- 2 x Genoa sheets.
- 1 x Mainsheet.
- 1 x Endless traveller control.
- 2 x Reef lines, operable from cockpit.
- Aft helm seat boxes.
- Cockpit seats convert to sunbeds
- SST handrails on both sides of coaming.
- SST stanchions with 1 x 19 sst wire lifelines.
- Padeyes for outhaul on bulwark.
- Padeyes for lifelines on side deck.
- SST bow & stern rail, with opening in stern rail for swim platform access.
- Folding sst bathing ladder.
- Teak cockpit table with sst supports and plotter housing.
- Self-draining cockpit with 2 x 25 mm drains.
- Large lazarette with lockable access hatch.
- Cockpit sole access to tanks and generator below.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Spring cleats.
- Folding mooring cleats.
- 4 x Mooring cleats.
- Self-draining anchor locker with lockable hatch.
- Stainless steel anchor roller.
- 1000W windlass with quick hand held controller.
- Chain & rope, 20 KG Delta anchor.
- Fenders and docklines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions.
- Bimini 2017 with fly connector canvas.
- Dodger, 2017.
Tender & Outboard:
- Lifeline gates.
- Safety gear.
- Fire extinguisher access port.
- Fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.