Just Reduced from $349,900 to $339,900!
CALL NOW TO TOUR THIS BEAUTIFUL ISLAND PACKET 440 IN CHARLESTON, SC
WIND WHISPERER HAS IT ALL! SHE IS WELL-MAINTAINED, FULLY-EQUIPPED FOR CRUISING, AND READY TO GO.
Look no further for a solidly built, aft cockpit, ocean capable workhorse. Wind Whisperer is a clean, fully-equipped, one owner 2006 Island Packet 440 that has been tried and tested by her knowledgeable owners. She has cruised up and down the east coast and throughout The Caribbean, all the while receiving excellent care and maintenance. There are no hidden boat Gremlins on this beauty!
- 11/2017 bottom paint
- 2017 - New water heater
- 2016 - New inverter and AIS
- 2015 - New bimini, dodger, and enclosure
- 2015 - New Mack mainsail
- 2013 - New bow thruster
- Dingy & motor
- Spectra watermaker
- MasPower generator
- Complete electronics package, including SSB & new Garmin AIS
- Electric winches, furling sails, & windlass
- Bow thruster
- Solar panel
- Air Conditioning
Matt J. Malatich
S&J Yachts – Charleston
843 872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | email@example.com
I represent both buyers and sellers of fine yachts internationally. Please contact me to discuss your goals. I welcome the opportunity to market quality sail and power boats and represent select buyers on an exclusive basis.
S&J Yachts is a full-service yacht brokerage and a new boat dealership, with offices in Annapolis, MD, Rock Hall, MD, Deltaville, VA, Largo, FL and Charleston, SC. We are dealers for Delphia, Maxi, Island Packet, and Seaward Yachts. We also represent Discovery Yachts Group, including Southerly Yachts, Discovery Yachts and Bluewater Catamarans.
Please contact Matt Malatich at 843-872-8080
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bob Johnson, N.A. & The IP Design Team
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 45 ft 9 in
Beam: 14 ft 4 in
LWL: 38 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 32000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 32000 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: 4JH4-TBE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4613
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (260 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (55 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The Island Packet 440 has an open and spacious main salon with comfortable seating and excellent headroom. There are two large settees for seating and an attractive teak dining table that can be stored up for additional space in the salon or folded down when dining. There is a generous amount of storage above, below, and behind the settees and bottle storage located on the forward bulkhead behind the table. The starboard settee converts to a double bed for use when underway or to accommodate additional guests.
The roomy forward facing navigation station is just aft of the starboard settee. It features a comfortable two person seat, large varnished teak nav table w/storage and plenty of space for electronics. The master AC/DC electrical panel is located at the nav station. The generator is in an easily accessible compartment beneath the nav seat.
The U-shaped galley is aft of the navigation station on the starboard side. Please see GALLEY below.
There are two staterooms, forward and aft, featuring large island berths with comfortable innerspring mattresses. The forward owner's stateroom is especially spacious, extending across the entire beam of the boat. It has a large cedar-lined hanging locker, teak bureau, and a dressing seat. The base of the berth is hinged and lifts up with the assistance of gas struts to reveal a large storage area. The private en-suite owner's head has a VacuFlush toilet, dedicated shower stall with acrylic doors and a seat. The vanity has a Corian countertop and stainless steel sink.
The aft guest stateroom also has the large offset double island berth with storage beneath. There is a cedar lined hanging locker fitted with extra height rods and a number of shelves, cabinets, and bins. The guest head has a dedicated shower stall with seat, VacuFlush toilet, mirror, vanity with Corian countertop and sink.
The bulkheads and trim throughout the boat are varnished light teak. The cabin soles are of teak and holly, except high traffic areas such as the companionway and galley, where there is non-skid GRP. There are thirteen high-quality stainless steel opening ports w/screens and eight deck hatches that provide natural light and ventilation. There are plenty of easy to reach, sturdy handholds throughout the vessel, reflecting the offshore intent of the design.
- Two zone air conditioning for comfort
- Eight hello fans
- Peek-A-Boo shades on all ports
- Custom carpeting in the salon, aft stateroom, and forward stateroom
The u-shaped galley is located on the starboard side of the vessel near the companionway. It is both spacious and secure, offering room to navigate while prepping meals and the ability to brace yourself when underway. There is a generous amount of storage above and below the Corian counter-top, including built-in dish racks, cutlery drawers, and a slide-out trash bin. There are two top-loading refrigerator/freezer compartments with individual digital controls and dual Frigoboat systems. Each compartment can be used as a refrigerator or freezer.
- Three burner Force 10 LPG stove with oven and broiler
- Frigoboat Keel Cooled dual system refrigerator/freezer with digital controls and dual double-gasketed lids with gas assist support struts
- Microwave oven
- Two stainless steel sinks
- Seagull water purifying system
- Two 10lb aluminum LPG tanks
- New water heater (2017)
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
- Garmin 4212 chart plotter w/charts, w/XM connection & XM antenna (helm)
- Garmin 4208 chart plotter w/charts (nav station)
- Garmin Vison Chips for Jacksonville FL - Bahamas
- Garmin Vision Chips for Southwest Caribbean
- Garmin Vision Chips for Southeast Caribbean
- Paper charts for The Caribbean and Bahamas
- Garmin Radar GMR 21/41 mounted at the mast on a Kato radar mount
- Tri-lens radar reflector mounted at the mast on a Kato radar mount
- Raymarine ST60 Knot/Depth/Wind mounted in seahood over the companionway
- Raymarine Autopilot ST7001+S3G with a type II hydraulic linear drive ram rated to 48,500 lb. displacement. The control head is mounted on the helm, and the hydraulic ram is protected within a rigid box.
- Raymarine Smart Controller wireless autopilot remote with instrument repeater
- Speco hailer horn mounted under the radar mount
- Shakespear 2020-G TV antenna mounted at mast head
- ICOM VHF Radio 504 (nav station)
- ICOM VHF Command Mic (helm)
- ICOM M802 SSB w/AT-140 Tuner (nav station)
- Pactor II USB Modem
- New Garmin AIS 300 ID Reciever (2016)
- 23" Samsun flat screen TV
- Sharp DVD player
- Alpine stereo with iPod & remote (with interconnect and component interior speakers)
- Polypanar exterior cockpit speakers
- Compass (helm)
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING
The engine and electrical work is all manufactured to the highest standards and includes such features as Racor fuel filters, separate fuel lift pump, full "green wire" bonding to all through hulls, a galvanic isolator, GFCI outlets where required, and a Link 20 dual-bank battery monitor.
- 75 HP Yanmar (4JH4-TBE) four-cylinder, turbo diesel with approximately 4,650 hours. The engine was last serviced in March of 2017, and the exhaust/cooling system was serviced in January of 2017. There is access to the engine compartment via panels behind the companionway stairs, aft cabin door and under the berth in the aft cabin.
- Racor fuel filter conveniently mounted on the engine access door, with a water separator, vacuum gauge and lift pump
- Three blade fixed prop
- Cruisair two zone air conditioner (18K salon/aft cabin and 10K for forward cabin/head)
- Eight Hella fans
- Spectra Catalina 300 WATER MAKER
- New 6HP Side-Power bow thruster w/joystick helm control (2013)
- New 11-gallon water heater with an engine heat exchanger (2017)
- Heavy duty Rule 3700 Automatic bilge pump
- BilgeAlert high water bilge alarm
- Automatic shower sump pumps
- Accu-gage tank systems monitor
- Drain pump w/strainers for refrigerator compartments
- Two VacuFlush electric heads
- ThermoCure resin infused fiberglass holding tank
- 8 KW MasPower generator (1,800 rpm) in sound shield (approximately 3,250 hours). Last services in March of 2017
- Seven Group 27 Lifeline house batteries, one start battery, and one generator battery
- 123 Watt Sharp solar panel mounted on Kato davit system
- New Inverter (2016)
- Xantrex Link 10 battery monitor
- Balmar 100-amp alternator
- Charles 5000 series 60-amp battery charger
- 12-volt outlet at pedestal
- 12-vold outlet at nav station
- Duel 30-amp AC dockside power systems with inlet breakers
- Shore power cords
SAILS & RIGGING
This Island Packet 440 has a generous cutter sail plan, an in-mast furling main, power winches, coupled with the convenience of all major control lines led aft to the cockpit provides safe and easy sailing. The patented Hoyt Boom equipped staysail adds considerable performance and is self-tacking for added ease. The mast is anodized and powder coated with double spreaders. The standing rigging is all stainless.
- In mast roller furling Mack Mainsail (2015)
- Harken roller furling for both the genoa and the staysail
- 110% genoa in high modulus Dacron w/UV sun panel
- Staysail in high modulus Dacron w/UV sun panel
- Hoyt self-vanging staysail boom
- Doyle Utility Power Sail (for light downwind sailing)
- Rigid Sparcraft boom vang
- Mainsheet traveler w/4:1 control system
- Cockpit storage bins for sail control lines and additional bag storage
- Two electric Lewmar 54C EST 2-speed genoa sheet winches
- Main halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 20CST winch on mast
- Mainsail roller furling control lines led to cockpit thru stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST winch
- Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit thru stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST winch
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit thru stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 16CST
- Staysail halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 8C winch on mast
- Two secondary Lewmar Ocean Series 16CST winches
DECK, COCKPIT & SAFETY
- The large chain locker is accessed through a deck hatch and has two rode bins with hooks for lines and fenders.
- The cockpit is comfortable and secure with seating for six people. There are two large cockpit lockers, four harness padeyes, a covered engine panel and a number of storage bins.
- Cockpit cushion
- Helm seat cushion with backrest
- Leather covered wheel
- Custom teak expandable cockpit table
- Custom teak companionway doors
- Teak beverage and binocular holder
- The swim/boarding platform has molded steps on both sides leading to the deck and a fold down swim ladder recessed under a flush panel.
- Hot & cold shower on swim platform
- There are sturdy double lifelines and stainless steel stern and bow rails.
- New bimini and dodger with full cockpit enclosure (2015)
- Cockpit lights
- AVON rib 310 9'6" dinghy with cover
- Kato Island Davit system with removable cross bar
- Yamaha 15 hp 2-cycle outboard engine with cover
- Kato outboard lift 230 mounted on port
- Edson outboard bracket mounted on port rail
- Yamaha gas tank with cover
- MOB system & life jackets
- ACR EPIRB
- Three spare 5-gallon fuel tanks
- Custom canvas covers for hatches, windshield, helm, and winches
- Flag halyards
- Davis Windex on mast
- Lightning Master lightning protector on masthead
- Misc. fishing gear
- Muir Cheetah 2500 electric anchor windlass (factory installed) with foot switches and cockpit control
- 60 lb. Manson Supreme galvanized primary w/225' 3/8" G-4 chain
- 44 lb. Delta Fast-Set galvanized secondary w/25' 5'16" HT G-4 chain spliced to 200' 5/8" 3-strand line
- Custom bow pulpit seat
- Raw water Shurflo Extream Pro Blaster Anchor washdown with dedicated thru-hull
- Stainless steel dorades
- Decorative cushions & hassocks in salon
- Wind Whisper is a 2006 model but she was not commissioned until 2007
- One owner boat
- Some of the features that make an Island Packet such an exceptional cruising yacht:
Full Foil Keel – provides exceptional stability and inherent ease of motion
Hull and keel are built as one of solid fiberglass with the ballast integrated into the keel
One-piece laminated deck structure uses Poly-Core (no organic core materials)
Skeg mounted rudder protects both the rudder and the propeller
- Geared rack and pinion steering system provides sensitive and responsive control with rugged reliability
- Decks are wide and provide easy access to the anchor platform as well as the swim platform
- Recessed foredeck with bulwarks, uncluttered side decks, and full-length cabin top handrails make deck passage safe
- Patented Seasafe anchor rollers provide fully captive, low chafe guides for chain and anchor
- Large chain locker separated from the interior by a watertight bulkhead
- Ergonomically designed cockpit provides comfortable seating for six and security at sea
- More dedicated storage than most other cruising boats of similar size
ISLAND PACKET LEADS IN LIVABILITY AND COMFORT
Balanced between an inviting and spacious living environment and safe, functional operations, Island Packets are renowned for their comfort and practicality regardless of their distance from shore.
Island Packets attention to livability truly maximizes onboard comfort, with home-like conveniences of large berths, enclosed shower stalls, a gourmet galley fit for the finest chef and plenty of dry storage areas throughout the yacht for equipping and provisioning an extended voyage.
Recessed foredecks with bulwarks, uncluttered side decks, and full-length cabin top handrails provide safe footing and security on deck. Sail controls for setting, furling and sheeting all lead to the safety and security of the cockpit, which accommodates six people comfortably.
From the spacious and well-ventilated interiors to the comfortable motion in a seaway, Island Packets are designed for cruising comfort.
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale.The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.