Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: Bruce King
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 9 in
Displacement: 11700 lbs
Total Power: 440 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: 6LY2-STP diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2000
Drive Type: Jet Drive
Engine Power: 440 HP
Cruising Speed: 20 knots
Maximum Speed: 25 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (27 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a Hinckley Picnic Boat that has been lovingly cared for by Hinckley Yacht Services her entire life, but sitting in the South of France. Imagine the opportunity to cruise the Med next summer and visit places like Nice, Antibes, Cannes, St. Tropez, Monte Carlo, Portofino, Porto Ercole, Costa Smeralda and more. Once finished for the season, we could easily organize shipping back to the States. Hinckley can also arrange training onboard (in France) of all systems including the incredibly easy JetStick (for docking).
- Even Bond and Clooney would be envious…
“BASECAMP” is an impeccable Captain maintained Hinckley Picnic Boat “EP” (extended pilothouse). Prior to arriving in France (last summer), Hinckley has maintained her to the highest standards since new (including heated indoor storage during the winter months). “Basecamp” just conducted numerous upgrades and she has received all winter mechanicals by a distinguished yacht yard in France.
This Picnic Boat “EP” has numerous optional features including a stunning teak transom and Air Conditioning.
The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes Head with shower, and Galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward facing Stidd seats are in the Pilothouse. The Cockpit includes both forward and aft-facing cushioned seating.
Some Introductory boat features include:
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Interior pilothouse window sun covers
- OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch
- (6) Hella fans - Two in main cabin and two in pilothouse, one in the galley and one in the head
- (2) Air conditioning units: Two 12,000 BTU reverse--cycle heat/air conditioning units with outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse
- 5-KW Mobile Power Alternator System to power AC
- Accupoint heater with outlets in Pilothouse, main cabin, and head.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Light Cream Double Bootstripe Red Bottom
- Red bottom
- Teak covered transom
The hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin with balsa and Corecell core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core and Corecell core carbon fiber, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Custom handrail on transom.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on cabin top and pilothouse roof
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
Seating in the cockpit is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in custom Perennial Dibble-Hello Sailor, P200-90fabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs.
- The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover.. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse cushions. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
A full Ivory-color cockpit cover that attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming.
Other cockpit amenities include:
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat.
- Fishing rod holders – port and starboard aft deck
- Aluminum Rupp rod holders – mounted under cockpit coaming
- Teak finished upper pilothouse sides, windows and shelves
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Aire screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Pilothouse has an AC/head duct outlet.
- (2) Hella fans - mounted the forward valence port and starboard
- Cup holders
The pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top and another varnished teak handrail runs the centerline length of the pilothouse overhead.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows - provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
- Custom Ivory-color drop-curtain window covers
Forward are Stidd helm and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft and have folding footrests. These seats are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless steel footrest is below the handrail. Outboard are controls for the Mobil Power and Air Conditioning. Below the switches is a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley JetStick®
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator, trim tab indicators
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt cigarette-style outlet in chart pocket
- Cup holders
- Custom teak helm step affords increased forward visibility.
- Custom rear view mirror affords easy aft visibility.
Next aft, the extended pilothouse (EP) roof shades additional seating with an L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port that faces inboard and forward.
- Back and bottom cushions are covered in Dibble “Hello Sailor” dark blue fabric.
- Table - Triangular varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square – Also, the table can drop-down to create a berth with the settee using the additional matching folding cushion.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- Cup holders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Helm Electronics/Nav Equipment:
- Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot
- Raymarine E-120 color Radar/Chartplotter display
- Raymarine Raystar 120 LP WAAS GPS antenna
- Navicom VHF (new 2017)
- AIS Ship Identification System (new 2017)
- Ritchie compass
- Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator
- New (2017) Fusion RA70 Bluetooth Stereo
- (4) Alpine speakers (black): (2) Alpine SPS-1629 speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead, (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse.
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- There is an opening overhead hatch and two opening ports below (head and galley)
- All opening ports and hatches have removable screens.
From the pilothouse companionway is the galley to port, private head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward.
- Clear Beige Sand Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Pullout under counter garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step light in galley
- LP gas sniffer control
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- Miscellaneous dishes, flatware, mugs & plastic glassware, electric tea kettle and toaster.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top. The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation
- V-berth insert with matching cushion creates a double berth
- Cushions are upholstered in Perennial Cameleon-Rain Puddle P900-62 fabric.
Excellent storage with shelf under the V-berth with easy access cherry drop-front door.
Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door
Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Aire screen/shade
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps (new 2017)
- European battery charger/ inverter (new 2017)
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- (2) 12-volt outlets – pilothouse and main cabin
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- Freedom 10 Heart inverter/Battery Charger
- (2) 110-volt outlets – head and galley
Mobile Power 5-Kw generation system - provides 110VAC power for the two-12,000 BTU air conditioning systems.
Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
- Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-hp six-cylinder diesel engine (2,000 est. 2018).
- Hamilton 292 Jet Drive
- ZF IRM220PL transmission
- Bow thruster - 12-volt 7” reversible thruster.
- Hinckley custom JetStick® Gen2 control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, sea water flow, and high water temperature
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Trim tabs
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Fuel: 160-gallons total @ heavy-gauge aluminum tanks
- Fresh water: 35-gallons @ stainless steel tank
- Holding tank - 27-gallon @ aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic-lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover, with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Engine compartment Halon Fire Suppression System
Interior heating and cooling:
- (2) Reverse-cycle air conditioning units: Two 12,000 BTU heat/air conditioning units - outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse – powered by Mobile Power 5-Kw generation system
- Accupoint heater – with outlets in Pilothouse, main cabin and head.
- New (2017) 8 PAX Life Raft
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Second flush bow burgee socket offset to port
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Brass 6” bell
- Boat hook mounted under side deck
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control
- Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor
- New 2017. NINETY FEET (30m) of SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller for impeccable holding power at anchor. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
- Spare “lunch hook” anchor and rode
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.