1999 Crealock 40 Pilothouse
Bayfield / Lake Superior, WI
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bayfield / Lake Superior, WI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 185,000 (A$ 244,580)
RAVEN is a W.I.B (Bill) Crealock designed pilothouse (also known as Creala 40 PH). She has proven her offshore capabilities having been sailed by her one and only owner from Bayfield, Wisconsin to Norway and back. Other than the two seasons she was on this voyage she has been used primarily on Lake Superior. The owner's years of offshore sailing experience has guided his outfitting of RAVEN with a goal of having her well equipped but not overly complex. This is a new listing and more details about Raven will be posted here soon.
For more information about Raven or to schedule a showing please contact me at:
Please contact Joe Radtke at (218) 590-7131
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: W.I.B. Crealock
LOA: 39 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 31 ft 8 in
Length of Deck: 39 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 29000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 9500 lbs
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2358
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 51 HP
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction - Raymarine Wireless Multifunction
Autopilot - 2, Raymarine Smartpilot X10 & Raymarine Wheelpilot
GPS - Furuno 1850WDF C-Map NT
VHF - ICOM IC-M502
Compass - 2 one at Inside Helm & Ritchie SP5 Compass at Cockpit Pedestal
Plotter - Furuno GP-1850WDF C-Map NT
Radar - Furuno 1715
Radio - AM/FM Radio w/CD player
CD player - Pioneer
Manual bilge pump
Battery charger - Xantrex Truecharge2 40amp
Oven - Propane 3 Burner Range W/Oven
Heating - Dickeson Newport Diesel Heater
Hot water - Isotherm 6 gal.
Electric bilge pump - 2
Inverter - Xantrex Prowatt SW 2000 Watt
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Swimming ladder - Stern Mounted
- 3 Blade Auto-Prop feathering propeller
- 1, 20 lb. Propane Tank in Vented Locker
- EPIRB Emergency Positioning Beacon
- Screens for all deck hatches
- Custom canvas, Isinglass & screen enclosure around pilothouse companionway.
- Dickenson Newport Diesel Cabin Heater W/Dedicated Fuel Tank
The Creala 40 Pilothouse was designed by W.I.B. Crealock and built in China for International Yachts & Equipment Co. LTD of Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
William Crealock has designed enough proven offshore cruisers to more than establish his mastery in this genre and the Creala 40 is classic Crealock all the way. Note the long modified long keel with semi attached skeg rudder and nicely drawn overhangs and stern lines. The designed displacement is moderate at 24,000 lbs. with 9000 lbs. of ballast in the keel. Topsides the classic Crealock look continues with traditional styled cabin trunk with raised pilothouse and secure wide sidedecks. The rig is a single spreader masthead cutter rig. with 875 sq. ft of sail area. Auxillary power is a Yanmar 50 hp, 4 cylinder diesel. Interior wise there are two private staterooms one forward and a second convertible stateroom mid-ship. There is roomy head that includes an enclosed shower stall, a spacious U-shaped galley is well laid out and equipped for efficient food preparation. The raised pilothouse contains a salon table with seating opposite the inside helm station and adjacent nav-station that provides a great space for the crew to socialize while operating and navigating the vessel in comfort and security when underway, and with immediate access to the cockpit. The interior is finished in solid teak, and the long distance cruiser will find there to be ample and secure stowage spaces and hanging lockers throughout the vessel.
The owner, in consultation with the yacht's designer, William Crealock, removed the stainless steel bowsprit platform and moved the head stay to the bow stem. The owner was very pleased with this modification on trans Atlantic crossings . The bowsprit platform is still available for anyone who might want to reattach it.
- 2, 37.5 gal. ea. Diesel Fuel Tanks, installed below the cabin sole & mid-ship for low weight distribution, stainless steel.
- 1, 25 gal. Nauta Flexible Diesel Fuel Tank
- 3 Freshwater tanks: 1, 22 gal. 1, 37 gal. & 1 approx. 50 gal., all stainless steel
- 1, 30 gal. Holding tank, stainless steel
- 1, 4 gal. Aux. Diesel Tank Dedicated to Dickenson Cabin Heater. stainless steel
Nav. Electronics & Sailing Instruments
- FURUNO Model 1750 Radar, antenna on deck mounted pole.
- FURUNO Model GP-1850WDF C-Map NT Chart Plotter
- FURUNO Model RD-30 Display for Speed, Depth, Temp. & GPS.
- ICOM Model IC-M502 VHF Radio W/Remote at Cockpit Helm
- RAYMARINE Model X10 Smartpilot Autopilot W/Remote
- RAYMARINE 4000 Wheel-Pilot
- SITEX Shortwave long range receiver (needs antenna)
- RAYMARINE Wireless Multi-Function Wind Instrument
- RITCHIE SP5 Binnacle Mounted Compass
- Compass at Inside Helm Station
Rigging & Sails
- Offshore Mainsail UK, new in 2010
- 110% NORTH Yankee high clew jib modified for furling, new in approx. 2009
- 70 % Working Jib hanked on
- Schaefer Headsail Roller Furling System New in 2015
- Staysail with reef point, hanked to the inner forestay and sheeted to adjustable track.
- Storm Jib that hanks to the inner forestay stay
- Storm Trisail with separate track and stowage bag.
- UK cruising spinnaker
- Intermediate shrouds
- Roller swaged lower rigging terminals on the stays and shrouds were replaced by the owner with mechanical Norseman rigging terminals in 2010
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.